Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450

KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450 KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDS450QS Upgrades, Servos

I just got a kds450qs. I want to convert it to flybarless. Anybody know of some digital metal gear servos(cheap) that fit. Im gonna put a flybarless rotor head and self leveling flybarless unit so need some better servos. I'm not gonna make it scale as I planned due to the esc is only 30amp, and the motor does not look to beefy. So I'm gonna stay cheap, like a beater. Need suggestions on rotor head, FBL unit, and servos. KDS has some better than stock plastic servos for $12 each, not bad. Thanks for any input.
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default KDS450QS FBL Comversion

Ok, so no one has or messes with KDS helicopters apparently. Well, this will be my personal record keeping of the build unless anyone wants to chime in with some input or other experience. I got some Corona DS919MG cyclic servos installed. I also got a Tarot 450 DFC split lock rotor head and new style orange swash plate installed. Test spooled, no blades with ar6100e, idle up worked and all seems good so far, but it would not power the Corona digital servos, so naturally a FBL unit will be next, and possibly an ESC with built in BEC, but trying to keep cost low, plus I can get a part here and there. I want self level, safe, and bailout, so Ikon2 looks to fit the bill. Here a couple pics of build so far, and the receiver and old tail gyro will not be used. That was just to test spool. Oh, the KDS heli airframe itself is pretty darn tough looking and seemed to run out nicely, and eventually some better Blades would probably help her out. The canopy is plastic but will do for now. Enjoy And all welcome to help me get her airborne with no mishaps, hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KDS450QS.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	746351   Click image for larger version

Name:	KDS450QS 2.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	746352  

Last edited by scottdrumfish; 05-22-2018 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: forgot
scottdrumfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello sd, I just picked up one of these helis that needs some attention. Do you mind sharing your set-up details and parts support?
Chipped Rotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not sure anyone reads about the kds 450 here but heres what I did. I converted it to FBL with a Tarot 450 DFC rotor head and just to see if I could make it all work, I got a Banggood $30 TGZ380 FBL unit and hooked it all up with some cheap Corona servos to an old Spektrum ar6100e receiver I had. The single control tail slider is sloppy so Im getting a cheap Gsun dual control slider to help. I have hovered it, but I cant fly the 3d type fbl units. I'm using a Spirit with full stabilization on my Trex 450L and love it. So, it kepr being tail heavy so I got a Gens Ace 2,600 mah lipo to balance it and it hovers fine, but the tail hunts a little using a servo thats not digital and too small, so now it needs a better tail servo. I also used a spare 450l canopy to fit over larger lipo, works fine. In the end I do not like the cyclic servo layout, kinda old tech. A buddy of mine flew it real good as he is an expert 3d flyer. So just do your best and do a lot of test hovering.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks sd, great info.
Chipped Rotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in