Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
I asked my lhs about the 600sx and they told me it would be considerably more expensive than the current 600.
Im guessing its really not going to be that much more. How much do they really expect us to pay for a 600 kit w no blades or electronics? I do love my logos and how they fly but I bet people think twice about buying an $800 kit with no blades that really doesnt come with anything more than a counterbering and some refined parts. If i had to guess ide say a $50 jump.
motorcycleguyr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

While some parts are new, in most cases they replace the old parts, correct? So nevermind the value of all the new parts combined. The cost should be delta of new parts minus old parts.

Hopefully old and new cost the same. (-:
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me thinks what should be and will be are going to differ.
All I'm really after is the tail hub and maybe lowered head.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm really liking motorcycleguys plan. Nobody order a SX when it is released. I really hope a lot of you guys do this.

Chanting
Hell no. We won't pay.
Hell no. We won't pay.
Hell no. We won't pay.
Hell no. We won't pay.

Yeah...... you caught me. I'm just trying to ensure that I am able to buy one on launch day. I don't care if its a couple extra bills.I'm not in the hobby to save money and count pennies, I'm in this hobby to have a good time. If Mikado ask an unrealistic price for the SX it won't sell. Simple as that. Fairly certain that won't be the case though.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With the price not being posted I believe that they are still kicking it around. The problem is for them how can the justify the price for a old product with new parts. As the SX parts are needed it should have been a upgrade conversion first rather than a new kit IMO . Now they have to make back what they paid out for the manufacturing of the parts and molds. Now what they could/should do is have the SX as a option when you go to buy a 6003d. Just my 2 cent.
AMA#914306
JohnDoe. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
cd5
Registered Users

does anyone know if their will be an sx/se version????
pilot-rc edge 540 27%
cd5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well in different discussion fellas im going all out on my first mikado heli

DX8 with AR8000 receiver

Logo 600SX bare kit
-Kontronik Pyro motor (not sure what one yet)
-Kontronik Heli Jive 120+ HV v11
-Cyclic MKS or Futaba HV
-Tail MKS or Futaba HV
-Silverline Vbar 5.3 pro
-Gen Ace running on 12S and a couple nanotechs
-Western Robotics BEC
-Edge Blades

Im in no rush to hurry it so ill get the kit off the back and build on it
Lets see your setups as planned

Trex 700N Vbar, Mikado LOGO 600SX, Trex 450 SportV2, Trex 250se-dfc, MCPX ...DX8...
kiwianaBrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncnzflying View Post
well in different discussion fellas im going all out on my first mikado heli

DX8 with AR8000 receiver

Logo 600SX bare kit
-Kontronik Pyro motor (not sure what one yet)
-Kontronik Heli Jive 120+ HV v11
-Cyclic MKS or Futaba HV
-Tail MKS or Futaba HV
-Silverline Vbar 5.3 pro
-Gen Ace running on 12S and a couple nanotechs
-Western Robotics BEC
-Edge Blades

Im in no rush to hurry it so ill get the kit off the back and build on it
Lets see your setups as planned
Sounds good or you can get you a 600 now and when the SX comes get the upgrades as they are needed but it seems like you have a solid plan
AMA#914306
JohnDoe. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

So has anyone else liked the Readyheli Facebook page? Are you seeing the continuous postings of Bugatti's and Ferrari's with readyheli plastered all over them?

Why the hell are they jacking up the price of kits and parts and throwing their money at rich pr|Ck$ instead of selling their products at a more affordable price? I'd like to meet one person that bought a Logo because a Veryon (sp?) went by with a RH logo on it. What a friggen' waste.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd5 View Post
does anyone know if their will be an sx/se version????
Post #3 in this thread is the answer.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe. View Post
Sounds good or you can get you a 600 now and when the SX comes get the upgrades as they are needed but it seems like you have a solid plan
on 12S you will want the 700-45
motorcycleguyr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
So has anyone else liked the Readyheli Facebook page? Are you seeing the continuous postings of Bugatti's and Ferrari's with readyheli plastered all over them?

Why the hell are they jacking up the price of kits and parts and throwing their money at rich pr|Ck$ instead of selling their products at a more affordable price? I'd like to meet one person that bought a Logo because a Veryon (sp?) went by with a RH logo on it. What a friggen' waste.
The car club owner is a ReadyHeli.com customer, and we didn't spend a penny to put our hard earned ReadyHeli.com logo on some luxurious cars being raced across the country =). We just thought it was cool. The car club member, is also a HeliFreak.com member.

PS: Prices of Mikado goods are set by Mikado, not ReadyHeli.com. http://shop.mikado-heli.de/ - I'm sure you'd agree, our prices are quite better than the manufacturer direct prices =).
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycleguyr1 View Post
Not to me it doesnt seem reasonable. It should cost the same or less. We are talking about $650 bucks for a heli with no blades and its made of plastic. Im not paying 130 to 170 bucks more. 170 more for what ??... a little metal bering and thin piece of aluminum to hold it. Some paint on the tail fin? Its already overpriced. All the stuff in this hoby is. I have over 30K of toy helicopters sitting at home that only should have cost collectively 3K. We pay how much a decent laptop costs these days for a Kontronik Heli Jive. Does that seem a little crazy to you people? over 500 bucks for an ESC? WTF. I understand production costs money but come on... Im actually embarrassed to tell people how much my helis cost when they ask. I just tell them they are pricy or if they really keep pushing I lie and say like 500 bucks. I dont need people sitting there doing a quick calculation in their head of the helis sitting in front of me only to realize they cost more than their family SUV they drove to the park in. I feel bad sometimes. If someone is genuinely interested and gauging getting into the hobby, Ill tell them. rant over, sorry something about the words 130 to 170 bucks seems reasonable just rubbed me wrong at that moment.
I could not agree more!!! Well stated. My 80HV jive shut down on me yesterday due to a crappy connection between the stock scorpion connectors to the motor. Auto rotated it in and hit a little harder than I had wanted it to. Almost no damage and this episode is costing me over 100 bucks in stupid parts like tail boom for 20 bucks, m3 nuts for 7 bucks are you joking, circlip for 4 dollars just adds up like crazy.

The worst is my 400 dollar speed controller which is just some heavy mosfets ,crapped out to save it self and could have easily cost me twice its cost if the bird had the power failure 600 feet from where it was over some water. I guess for 400 bucks I expect a little more out of the ESC a total shut down for a loose connection is insane. Guess I should count my blessings at least it did not shut down the BEC or it would have been really bad.

Any way I am sick of being gouged just because there is no competition I agree the logo is way overpriced but ive got to say first time I ever flew one I was hooked nothing flies like my 600 and I hardly fly anything else.

Ready Heli how come so many of the mikado parts are always out of stock? Does Mikado not send very many of them over or is there such a demand they just sell out really quickly. I noticed there are almost no 600 3d canopies on your site? Just curious ive got to say you guys have top notch customer service and I always appreciate that.
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree too. Not only the mikado heli's, but also the parts are indeed incredibly overpriced. 90euro's for a swashplate, to only name one. That's just insane!
But why should they lower prices? Everybody keeps buying anyway i know i want one...
Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
I agree too. Not only the mikado heli's, but also the parts are indeed incredibly overpriced. 90euro's for a swashplate, to only name one. That's just insane!
But why should they lower prices? Everybody keeps buying anyway i know i want one...
The QickUK swash is cheaper and better, IMO. There will always aftermarket companies to exploit market anomolies.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Part of the reason things like metal parts are so expensive is the cost of machine time. Machining isn't cheap, especially CNC mills. $60 to $100 an HOUR for milling isn't uncommon at all.
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

If other brands can make a better swashplate for less, they're simply overpricing their stuff. They only get away with it because the heli's are really good. No matter how much they ask, people will buy.
It's not only swashplates that are expensive, many of the parts are outrageously overpriced. Like the small hardware, cf horizontal and vertical fins, tailbooms... To name a few. I mean come on, how much difference can there be between a trex tailfin and a logo tailfin? Yet the logo tailfin is double the price. Same goes for the swash btw..

Don't get me wrong. I'm of the opinion: if you don't like it, don't buy it. And i like it, so i'm gonna buy but you have to admit, they're taking real advantage of their reputation
If tomorow align started charging double for spare parts, nobody would buy align anymore.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Logo tail fin includes the tail box side

Heck look at trex 550 side frames compared to logo side frames
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Operating cost's are just higher.
German employer pay's more than Chinese employer.
Taxes, development costs, shipping it all adds up.

I'm sure if Mikado outsourced they could knock off a few hundred bones.
Would you be willing to sacrifice Logo quality fit and finish? I wouldn't.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Atleast its not priced like the goblin 630, 900$ for a helicopter made entirely in vietnam. Haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in