Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 690sx

so who is getting one? I am still trying to decide, never had a 700 before and people say they fly awesome. but I really like how smaller helis fly and even though I can afford to crash one I don't like the idea of a 600+ repair bill and looking at the parts for the 690 looks like it could get expensive quick...

I have also thought about getting a nx4 gasser because I want to have a engine to mess with again, electrics are just too reliable haha
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm seriously considering selling my goblin 500 to fund one..Never had a 700 either but it makes a lot of sense when I can share a lot of the parts and batteries with my 500se
Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will most likely be ordering one. Been pondering about this one or the 700x by Blade. Don't think you can go wrong with either one. But this can give me a chance to try out the legendary frame everyone always raves about.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I've been considering the 700 xxtreme though. Apples and oranges I guess. Problem is I enjoy both, heh.
TimZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. I pre-ordered mine before I knew it existed
Old 05-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not going to order the kit. I plan on spending the 300 bucks it will cost to convert my 600se to 690sx minus motor. I'm using the mikado carbon frame so I didn't factor in the cost of the 690SX canopy, distance blocks, or bottom frame extension. I'm not sure if those parts will fit. + I'm happy with the size of the stock SE canopy.

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I own a Blade 700x, and I really want one of these 690's. If I ever total my 700x, I'll probably buy a 690. The idea of the 690 design is genius. Take a 600, stretch it, refine it, and put 700 electronics in it. Both Helis are great, but I love the light disk loading feel.
HorizonHobbyFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB View Post
I'm not going to order the kit. I plan on spending the 300 bucks it will cost to convert my 600se to 690sx minus motor. I'm using the mikado carbon frame so I didn't factor in the cost of the 690SX canopy, distance blocks, or bottom frame extension. I'm not sure if those parts will fit. + I'm happy with the size of the stock SE canopy.
Carbon chassis + new 690sx bits would probably make for a pretty sweet heli given the larger battery bay of the carbon chassis. It would be really sweet if the battery extension fit the carbon chassis. I don't think it will because of the extra width but there's probably only one way to find out.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Prototype3a I'm hoping it will fit but I don't want to be the one to order the parts to find out it won't work lol. I'm thinking with the new parts and cf frame the 690SX will be the light weight 700 class monster that all us logo guys have been waiting for. I'm going to send mikado a email tomorrow to see if the 690SX lower parts will bolt up to the carbon frame. I will post the answer when they respond.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I get my kit I will be able to see how the parts can work on the carbon frame, as a local friend has a carbon framed 600.

Honestly I wouldn't do the carbon frame unless you already have it. There are specific advantages to the molded frame and it is definitely lighter. Having said that, the carbon frame kit Mikado offered is fantastic looking!

I seriously doubt all of the parts will work on the carbon frame, as it is wider if I remember correctly. The drivetrain parts might, but I don't think the lower frame components will.

We shall find out soon enough!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The riser *could* fit if they designed it right. The carbon chassis's landing skid mount points are wider and 1mm larger than the plastic chassis's mounts. I suspect the riser bolts to these and maybe a few other places on the plastic frame.

I'm pretty sure the lipo support would not fit 'stock' but I think the aluminum bits might if you wanted to make a custom plate since I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same between the carbon chassis and the plastic frames.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't the point of the riser to allow larger packs and I thought the carbon frame already did that.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the riser allows larger packs, does that mean the tabs on the bottom of the plastic frame are removed?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott View Post
Isn't the point of the riser to allow larger packs and I thought the carbon frame already did that.
I thought the riser was to remove the strain form the notoriously fragile landing gear bolt slots for a much heavier heli.
sl4ppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought the riser was to remove the strain form the notoriously fragile landing gear bolt slots for a much heavier heli.
+1 on that.. from what I read the tabs are still there, but it was made so in a crash the riser would break instead of the frame tabs(hopefully)
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, so we should expect the room for packs to be exactly the same as the current 550sx, 550se, 600sx and 600se designs with additional support up front for packs to extend forward?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's my impression and thinking. This is why I suggested people look at what 6s5000 packs fit in the 550SX because the battery space shouldn't be terribly different.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pulse 6s5000 45c fit with plenty of room for straps. Revo 6s5000 60C require me to wedge the strap between the pack and counter bearing. Align 6s5200 packs don't fit. Likewise the handful of Zippy and Turnigy 6s5000 packs I have wont fit. Of course, it's still a Logo so I imagine it will also do OK on smaller 3300 - 4400 size packs which shouldn't have much problem fitting.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 690sx

I was able to run gens ace 5300 45c 6s packs in series on my logo 600SE. They really stick out though. Felt too heavy at 1900HS. Did it once just to try it.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
The carbon frame does allow for larger packs because the battery bay is larger than the stock frame. They both are around the same length, so the first lipo still hangs over the lip of the frame. I got around this by making lexan battery trays for my packs.

Ryan there were a lot of people that said the SE was too floaty when it was released in 2009. imo adding the carbon frame takes some of the floaty feeling away, and the added weight helps in windy conditions. Even with my 5000mah packs and 200g frame the SE didnt feel heavy at low head speeds. And a carbon 690SX will still be lighter than most 700 class helis.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the 690sx will be ~100-200g heavier than the old SE given the riser, battery support, larger canopy and beefier drivetrain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in