Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Longest achieved flight time brushless

I've been reading everything I can find on brushless conversions and consistently the information suggests flight times are much shorter, whatever your setup and however you fly. I've seen lots of comments saying "IF I flew like this I WOULD get that much time" but no actual times even as long as say 4 min.

I'm very much a beginner. Although I was hoping to get a motor that doesn't burn out in a month, I don't want to trade power, which I don't need, for flight time. I may just buy another stock motor.

Before putting the order in, I just thought I'd check if someone had found a way to get good flight times out of brushless motors.
Glidos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I would much rather loose a little flight time and have a better flying heli then burn up $12 a month. If loosing stick time is your main concern, buy more and higher quality batteries when you brush less. Your going to go brush less sooner or later, so why not sooner?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmmm. I guess that is good advice. I suppose you only need 12 batteries and a six way charger to fly continuously. Was nice though to have 5:30 uninterrupted flights (other than by cashes). Part of the problem is that I don't know how much I'm going to lose going brushless, but as you say I'm going to have to go brushless eventually.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I can get 4 mins out of my Nano with Spin 13,500 and 200mAh LiPo if I am just flying around and about 3:00 of hard 3D.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I can answer my own question now: I have pjacq's Mild kit installed and all running nicely. Surprisingly I can get 5:00 out of my Xtreme 200mAh lipos. I was getting 5:30 with the stock motor, so I've lost 30s, but that's no bother and given the increased head speed I'd expect at least some loss of flight time. I'm really pleased with it. Of course this is just hovering and very slow gentle flight, but that's all I can manage at the moment.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just put in the new HH brushless mod and I am only getting 2:30 with brand new Microheli 200 MAH batteries! Slow sport flying no 3D.
GLACIERBAY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My timer is set to 7:30 with my 220mAh batteries. Stock motor allowed for 11:30 of indoor ground effect hover so my factory brushless massively reduced the flight time. I'm not at 3d level yet more like 2d or better yet 0.5d
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

With Xtreme 200mAh 1s I can get 3:00 of hard 3D with the AD Wild kit.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly my v1 AD mild kit at 73% and 3:30 flight times consistently get me to 3.85v on my 200 mAH Oversky packs. If I ran them all the way down I would theoretically be in the 5:00 to 5:30 range. This is with a mix of hard sport flying and light 3d on a bird that weighs 32.5g with battery. With 12 packs and a 6 lead parallel cable I can hot lap charging at 2c although I rarely want to fly more than 12 packs in a row.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in