Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHeli View Post
Your join date was 2006 was the internet born yet? You must be a vetran! DoubleCH have you given your bird the smack down like mattijs is infering it needs? Maybe we need a little "Tareq Alsaadi battle vs. the palm trees" or something to weed out these servos. I wonder if someone could reproduce Tareq's video with an mcpx, I would laugh my a%% off.
I wish I could smack like Tareq. The thing I can smack best is drive my mCPx to the ground.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was REALLY easy to do!! Just replaced all three servos with the 2.3g ones on my hp06 bird. Barely needed the soldering iron, just clipped off the r3 resistor and shortened the wires, all good to go! Haven't flown yet, but spooked up in my hand looks good. Much quieter without the servos chattering all the time, will report back after flying!!
200QX - Bone Stock
Naito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's probably placebo, but I swear it flies smoother than freshly cleaned stock servos! Much quieter, noticeable even in flight! Only tried slow circuits in the basement since its dark outside, but seems great at all hp06 governed head speeds. I like it a lot!!!
200QX - Bone Stock
Naito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naito View Post
It's probably placebo, but I swear it flies smoother than freshly cleaned stock servos! Much quieter, noticeable even in flight! Only tried slow circuits in the basement since its dark outside, but seems great at all hp06 governed head speeds. I like it a lot!!!
It's probably placebo, but for me, they work better than 1.9 grams servo
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey saw this thread is still active and thought I'd weigh in. I did the R3 mod and flew with them for a little while back in March. They were freaking awesome then just died. IMO if you're gonna do them use the mechanics one the 1.9 board. But IMO this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
mikesbaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesbaker View Post
But IMO this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Huh? The 2.3g servos are not used to fix a problem. People use them because they're faster. No, it's not placebo. When my 1st 2.3g servo motor died, I swapped in a 1.9g servo from my other bird at the field (right front servo) and although you can barely tell the speed difference by watching the swash movement on full collective change (motor not running), I could definitely feel that the servos are out of sync on quick collective change. I also like the 2.3g because they're more quiet. It's evident that I don't need the servos to be super sensitive at the initial movement (thus the twitch) to work well and without hysteresis effect. I Iike my bird a little tamed down on initial cyclic movement and the 2.3g servos fit my taste perfect.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you missed my meaning. For me I put them on because faster more power etc then they died. Where as the stock ones worked and gave me no trouble. Have your 2.3s held up? If so did you do the R3 or change the mechanics?
mikesbaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You have to remove R3 to even make the board works with mCPx. They are faster because of the drive circuit not the motor/gear assembly. They are still fast after I swap in 1.9g motor/gear assembly which last much longer. The original 2.3g single bearing gear assembly has too much friction (at least on my dead ones anyway). And they are still running after about 2-300 flights. I swapped out one with my spare but I think it's actually the motor that died after 300+ flights.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 2.3 servo mechanics have an advantage. Once I did a mod to the 1.9 servos to reduce the play caused from stress from the thread to the delrin servo arm.
I solved it with the short unused MH servo mounts
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...7b258efb7af122
here is a picture
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/attachme...5&d=1339440227

And I noticed that the 2.3g servo arm has it as standart. There are two advantages I think.
First, it is a metal to metal thread and there will be no play like the simple delrin inner thread at the 1.9.
2nd, on a crash with high stress to the servos the arms will just unplug from those copper rings and reduce stress to ther whole servos. << already had this issue, and that is even how I noticed this whole fact.

So I see no reason to switch to the 1.9 mechanics in general. Those one bearing is no problem imh.

(sry for my english)
Old 07-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I remember noticing that metal inside the servo arm before but I didn't pay much attention as to which of 1.9g/2.3g servo I saw it. Maybe you have better luck with the 2.3g servo mechanism. I don't. Some of them came too tight out of the package and they killed the motor in short time most likely due to excessive drag. The other ones I have that weren't too tight out of the package (but still tight enough to have no slop) quite quickly developed slop between jackscrew and housing than slop between jackscrew and servo arm. Problem with single-bearing mechanism is that you can't just break the glue on the top brass nut and tighten it to take up jackscrew slop, where with the 1.9g mechanism you can and the jackscrew will not move up or down because it rests itself on both upper and lower bearing inner races. Perhaps the best is to steal the servo arm with metal insert from the 2.3g servo and install it in a 1.9g servo mechanism?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
. Perhaps the best is to steal the servo arm with metal insert from the 2.3g servo and install it in a 1.9g servo mechanism?
right!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablol View Post
The 2.3 servo mechanics have an advantage. Once I did a mod to the 1.9 servos to reduce the play caused from stress from the thread to the delrin servo arm.
I solved it with the short unused MH servo mounts
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...7b258efb7af122
here is a picture
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/attachme...5&d=1339440227

And I noticed that the 2.3g servo arm has it as standart. There are two advantages I think.
First, it is a metal to metal thread and there will be no play like the simple delrin inner thread at the 1.9.
2nd, on a crash with high stress to the servos the arms will just unplug from those copper rings and reduce stress to ther whole servos. << already had this issue, and that is even how I noticed this whole fact.

So I see no reason to switch to the 1.9 mechanics in general. Those one bearing is no problem imh.

(sry for my english)
Hey, on the finished pic on link #2 all I can get is the sites sign in section?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VERY STRANGE

It is now the second servo that just inversed...

My board is working correct, all other servos do, but one 2.3g servo is reversed now..just from now on. Had this issue once ago..

Wireing seems ok too. I know that there is a reverser cabel in the 2.3g box but which cabels do I have to switch for normal operation without that cabel.

Someone had this too??

And what on earth can cause this???
Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The reverse "programming" with this servo is a programming feature not a cabling feature. Like I've mentioned before, when the servo sees V+ on the signal wire (that's what a reverse cable does V+ shorting to signal wire, and that's most likely the same cause of your auto-reverse) on bootup it triggers a reverse-programming mode which changes its reverse setting in the code. It'll confirm by vibrating the servo in bursts like a cellphone in vibrate mode. After that acknowledgement you can unplug the reverse programming cable and use the servo normally. The reverse programming does NOT stay plugged. Without the reverse programming cable you can just short V+ to signal wire on bootup to reverse your reversed setting.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you so much!
Havent read this before. Thought I need a new one
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone Tried For MCPX BL Yet?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone tried these servos for MCPX BL yet?

Thank you!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEORITY View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone tried these servos for MCPX BL yet?

Thank you!!!
Hey guys, anyone?
Happy New Year!!!
Cheers!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I have installed them on one of my MCP X BLs. I can't say I notice a difference.
Mugen2008 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen2008 View Post
Yes, I have installed them on one of my MCP X BLs. I can't say I notice a difference.

Cool man! Last week I ended buying four 1.9gram servos (as they are on sale for $8.99).
My plan is to get the 1.9gr mechanics and install straight on the 2.1gr servos for longevity.
On the first picture, you can see the big distance between gears on my current 2.1gr servos. The second picture is a brand new 2.1gr servo that I bought before I decided buying 1.9gr servos.
I will take another pic when the new 1.9gr arrive.
Cheers!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in