Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gorn, on your unit, can you adjust the RUD-HEND/LEND? On my unit, these settings do not cjange the rudder servo travel, infact, they do not change anything. This is why i suspect something isn't all that good with my gyro.
Dr Daniel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, mine work on the tail.
You havent turned on the piro optimization or anything like that have you?
It has a software issue, and messes with the tail.
They are revizing it now.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, Piro opti is turned off. Tail is working perfect, the fbl600 is holding it in a firm grip.
Its just that the end point adjustment does not work as it should. I will go through the setup again tonight and see if I can spot something wrong...

Last edited by Dr Daniel; 03-17-2010 at 05:48 AM..
Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

The LEND/HEND settings turned out to be the servo support.
I am using a MKS tail servo, and the settings in the gyro for the servo was at 1520/333hz (which is correct for the MKS servo), standard settings. But when I changed the servo settings to 1520/250hz, the tail servo Low and High End adjustment worked.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats very interesting actually.
So regardless of advertised pulse width, you can kind of find out via end point if the rate is correct.
Wonder if its the same for the cyclic settings too?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes this was my thinking also.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

very interesting, guys. Any news about the FS600 ? Would love to get more informations about the v3, had installed it on my MiniTitan e325 today and iīm a little confused with the settings. In first, iīm not able to save the swashplate adjustment like written in tha manual, even with using the programmer it runs fail, not able to get adjusted using the subtrim on my Futaba T-10 - when i reset the subtrim after saving swashplate adjustment in "Tx calibration" / "Swashplate " Mid / H / L " the same old endpoints are used where i started from. That makes it difficult to adjust a clean hover thru the software ( iīm a little lazy and no 3d-crack, so i used the mechanical adjustment that worked with my 3Digi stabilizer well - there the endpoints and mit of servo adjustment was done thru pc-software, not by transmitter ).

What messed me up totally was the behavior when changing Ail / Ele Feed and Gain, one time the heli hovered to the right, the other time to the left, depending on the value i entered for the gain and feed parameter.

Any suggestion how to get rid of my problems with the FS600 v3 ?

( Dont tell me to use a Mikado V-Bar - iīm running it on my Rex v7, Rex500 and Logo 500 and i know itīs great )

b.r. Chris
Crizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can I tell you to choose a 3G?

Seriously, from the sounds of what you got, ditch it. I did.
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

lmao at Ditch it.
Read the Turnigy Vbar thread here on HF.
All the info you need.
Im pretty sure there is another post there with the same issue as yours, with a fix.

The Align system doesnt work anywhere near as good, although, it may be easier to setup.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys, will see if the other thread can be found. The SJGD is just a stopgap project until my 3Digi v-bar is back from maintainance, just to keep the MT in flight. An Align 3G I wouldnīt use, as far as i remember itīs a gamble to get it working well on some non-Align-helicopters. Anybody said itīs because of some head geometric characterics that must fit and canīt be programmed, so i decided for the SJGD as "spare" for my other systems if needed. Itīs just a try, had no zest to spend the money for a Mikado mini v-bar cause i know it wouldnīt be demount again
Crizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorn View Post
lmao at Ditch it.
Read the Turnigy Vbar thread here on HF.
All the info you need.
Im pretty sure there is another post there with the same issue as yours, with a fix.

The Align system doesnt work anywhere near as good, although, it may be easier to setup.
You know, there has got to be a couple different V3 versions floating around out there. Since you said you are affiliated with the importer of these things in Australia, can you ask the SJGD factory what's up with these? I'm having a hard time reconciling my experience with this unit and your glowing reports on it.

The V3 SJGD unit I tried operated nowhere nearly like a 3G, or SK360, and was just plain bad. On the bench watching how it handles basic tilting of the heli and comparing what it does to what the 3G and SK360 does just on the bench, I can see why it made my heli fly so poorly. I dont know if it only works on T500+ size birds which are more stable the bigger they get, or it is only for 3D manuvers, but with my experience, this thing cant handle basic flight without doing bizarre things. One would be better off just having no cyclic e-stab.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I work there 1 day a week, and I paid for my FBL units.

I have the version 2 working well on my 700N, and the V3 is great on my 500.
If I thought it was rubbish, I would never say anything at all.
I had glowing reports of the Spartan too, because it worked very well for me.
Same with the FS600.
Works very well for me.
The one I setup on my mates Logo 500, works well too.

Im in no way having a shot at you, just clearing some things up is all.

If you still had yours, I could have had a look at your setup, and seen if there was an issue with settings etc etc, or if the unit was in fact at fault.

There are so many things that come into play, its very hard to give advice with small amounts of info.

Over on RR, there is also more than a few guys that bought their V3 after I let them know it was out from SJGD.
Some of those guys had run the V2 units previously.
The guys that were familiar with the setup, had no issues.

Nothing is perfect, and sure as hell not electronics, so dont take my reply the wrong way
Old 06-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I wondered if I got a bad unit...but the thing was trying to mimic what my sk360's and 3G's do, so I worked with it. The significant pitch up over 25 feet in slow forward flight as well as reverse flight, roll left going forward, roll right going backward, and the drift in a hover was un-fixable by me using all sorts of combinations of adjustments. I did have the various gains run up to the point of severe cyclic oscillation and even then it couldnt fly in a straight line. Wind handling was poor, at least compared to Skookum's and Align's way of doing things. I even put the metal plate and fancy Skookum tape under it thinking it was affected by vibes...but that did zero difference. I noticed on the bench the SJGD unit has a minimal initial reation to tilt, and a change of direction of tilt was rather poorly compensated for compared to what a SK360 and 3G will do in the situation. Translate this to 'in flight' conditions and how the heli flew...and now I saw exactly why the thing sucked,

After messing with it I kind of got the impression the hardware was mostly ok with the exception of some cyclic drift like with a cheap tail gyro being affected by vibration, but the heli it was on was real smooth, and cheap piezo gyros love it, lol. I felt the issue was the software was not of the level that you would find in a Skookum, or even with a 3G and its quirks. Dangeriously so even, with mystery rolls in forward flight in windless conditions leading to WTF? moments when the heli starts banking into you while doing close-in indoor flying.

I'm wondering if it needs a bigger heli that has less stabilizing requirements? This was on a 450 sized heli
Old 06-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, what you just described, that was what the V1 unit was like.
Im wondering whether someone mixed one up?

On the bench, my V3 and V2 show minimal swash tilt, but in flight it works fine.
I quite often will take my hand off the sticks in medium paced flight, just to wave a skeeter or fly away.
Just tracks along just the same.

Sucks that you didnt have a good experience with it.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was wondering myself reading stuff very similar to what I was dealing with in the various branded versions of this controller threads, but the display said 3.01. Who knows, lol.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

heck I've been thinking of getting one of the Turnigy Vbar units witch is a SJGD fs-600,what inspired me was a video on you-tube on a T-700.
I have read some reports on RR and HF on this unit and it sound's good but like everything else I could get a faulty unit or there mabe thing I might not like about it for example the 3G is a real amp. hog,gyro sensor is extremly sensitive and I hate the push button action,I feel more comfortable with a PC setting unit or program box.
dale-pabajo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

if your concerned about the posibility of having a faulty unit, then buy yours from the USA distributor as an SJGD.
Dont buy it from Hobbycity, as you will basically have no warranty or after sales service.

As Ive said before, I have a V2 unit working well on my nitro 700, so sensors are not super sensitive to vibes.
As far as amps go, I use about 400-500mah per flight on the 700.
3d, lots of tic tocks etc etc.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed for sure. Heli Flight Center which distributes these in the USA will refund the cost minus 10% restocking fee. They sell the SJGD FS600 branded versions, and considering shipping, very competitive with HobbyKing.

But then again, you can get a 3G or a SK360 at a similar price point nowadays also (Helidirect for the Skookum and GrandRC for the 'bare' 3G special). Not that I'm suggesting anything....
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, SK360 is only 2 axis, so you still need a tail gyro, and has nowhere near the features.
Align....Im not gonna go there
Old 06-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

True that...but if you already have a flying heli...$190 delivered for a SK360 really cant be beat unless you need piro comp of some sort (which the <starting cheering> 3G does).

Sounds like the 3G is getting de-quirkified with access to the adjustments based on initial reports of the software link coming in. And at $198.00 delivered I'm putting my pompoms on again, lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in