Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #41 (permalink)

Felt, when you changed your tx setting back from AUX2 - AUX2 (GYR), did you put INH or ACT in place of the "GYR" setting? Thanks. When I changed mine I was told to set it at "ACT"; however, I had severe tail shake issues and was unable to lift off: although I believe it was because I used too high of a gain setting at first (55). Just want to make sure whether to use INH or ACT in place of the GYR setting in "Device Select". Thanks again.
Bobs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well first let me state that I run the 7100r reciever. So on the 7100r the gear channel is used for the rev limiter on the engine. The aux2 channel is used for the gyro gain. So I have aux 2 to aux2 and gear to inh. Now if your gyro gain for the rudder is off the gear channel, then you want yours to read gear to gear and aux 2 to whatever suits your needs.
Felt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt View Post
Yes, If you run your gyro on the gear channel, then set it to gear to gear. Then set your gain in the software. just make sure you set the gain around 40 before you fly it. The 70 default setting will be to high. My tail holds great by doing this. For some readon if you use the gyro menu in the tx, the 3G will wag like a bitch. Atleast it did for me.
Still confused on how to disable the Gyro in the transmitter. I have a JR 9303 A/S model with a JR 921 receiver. Doesn't give the same options as a DX-7 you've been talking about.

If Gyro.Sens menu is INHibited (which runs on the the Aux 2 channel) then the only choices I have in Device.Select for the Gear channel is "INH", "ACT" and "GOV". Should I simply INHibit the Gear? As I understand it, this inhibits the operation of the gear switch (and I guess the gear Travel Adjustments which are normally used to control HH, Rate Mode Gyro settings).

Or -- Do I need to leave GEAR to ACT run a GEAR-GEAR program mix of some kind? If so, how should I program those parameters.

Will either/both of these approaches work:
GEAR CHANNEL 5
1. Plug "SENS" lead in Gear channel (5) on receiver
2. IHNibit both the Gear Switch, and the Gyro.Sens menu. (Presume here that INH the Gear switch bypasses the travel adjustment parameters. If this doesn't bypass the travel adjustments should they just be set at the standard +100%/-100%)
3. INHibit the AUX2 switch, since I have no other use for it?

AUX2
1. Plug "SENS" lead into Aux2
2. INH Gyro.Sens menu
3/ INH Aux2 switch

Thanks very much for helping out a Heli newbie.

Last edited by see_e_oh; 08-28-2010 at 06:37 PM..
see_e_oh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G problems

hey man, can you tell me step by step how to fix the 3G. I just got a trex 500 esp pro 3G, and the tail was wagging like a bitch I moved the ail @ 40 and the elev @20, the remote @ gyro is @ 40, is working so much better but I can feel some times like a little bit but is supposed to be perfect, that Y I paid $200.00 more.

thanks a lot...

vivaldy
vivaldyn@hotmail.com
vivaldy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #45 (permalink)

For those using the "Delay" function, can you tell me what percentage you're at? I have mine set to 30% and although it did help reduce the tail wag, it did not eliminate it completely. Just wonder how far I can go. Thanks.
Bobs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Disabling the rudder gyro gain on the transmitter

Does this make sense to disable the gyro gain on the transmitter?

Ok so ignoring the 3G software - rudder gyro gain can be controlled from

1. The AUX2 channel (7 channel receivers/transmitters) via a menu tied to different flight modes - where the gain is set directly at around 70% on a JR transmitter

2. Via the GEAR channel (6 channel receivers/tranmitters) by setting 0+100 or 0-100 on the GEAR ATV controlled by the gear switcnh (normall settings would be around +45 -45 for hh and rate modes.)

Disabling the gyro gain from the transmitter....

1) Change the switch/device controls on the AUX2 channel from AUX2=GYRO to AUX2= INH to inhibit the line

2) Change the switch/device controls on the GEAR channel from GEAR=GEAR to GEAR=INH to inhibit the line

This results in no control signal from directly from the receiver on lines 7 or 5 (Spektrum rec) so that the only setting used to control gain is the setting in the 3G software?

Also why do this since I found that changing the gain using the gear ATV (ch5 use to control gain on my system) channel on the transmitter when connected to the computer changed the gain on the software screen directly - so if you do not disable the AUX2 or GEAR line depending upon which you use - wont the transmitter just reset any software setting you may change via the computer once you have disconnected from the computer and use the transmitter again?

Can anyone confirm this or am i misunderstanding - thanks guys....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in