Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Does the GT5 better than beastX?

I'm looking for a flybarless system these days, and decide to choose one between gt5 and beastx.

i have talk with tt and it is said that gt5 support firmware update, now i'm doubt about it.

GT5 is nice but few users.
BeastX has more users and easy to adjust.

Is there anyone can give any advice to help me?

thx
tonystark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been waiting for a while now for a firmware update for the gt5 if that helps your decision
Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beastx works is super easy to dial in get what everyone loves and save yourself a headache.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes it does!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

get beast x, have both gt5 works well but very tricky to get perfect and then its not any better anyway
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the GT5 on my 450 Pro and it is just as stable as my two BeastX machines, but it is a little more complex to setup, does not have Rate mode available for the tail, and no "Fail Safe".

The GT5 does not work with a few servos, like the Align.

I will stick with the AR7200BX.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey 1004, are you using an Rx [as opposed to sats] w/ your GT5? just wondering about the wiring.
Also im using a hitec 5084 on the tail , it still wags a bit & gets warm , thinking of trying a diff. one any ideas?
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrultralite View Post
Hey 1004, are you using an Rx [as opposed to sats] w/ your GT5? just wondering about the wiring.
Also im using a hitec 5084 on the tail , it still wags a bit & gets warm , thinking of trying a diff. one any ideas?
I'm using a single SAT, and on the tail I'm using the Futaba S9257 and the tail is rock solid and the servo's not getting warm.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
I have the GT5 on my 450 Pro and it is just as stable as my two BeastX machines, but it is a little more complex to setup, does not have Rate mode available for the tail, and no "Fail Safe".

The GT5 does not work with a few servos, like the Align.

I will stick with the AR7200BX.

so you think beastx is better?

does the gt5 work with ds520 tail servo? i plan to use that.
tonystark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystark View Post

I am not sure what 1004ron means when he says that the GT5 "does not work with a few servos" but some servos will move hard to one side for a couple of seconds while the GT5 is booting up which can cause them to bind. The Align DS520 is one such servo but I am one with a GT5 and it's perfectly fine.
J-S-Q is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

the problem with gt5 and some servos are more in the way the bec functions, on my furion 450 the tail servo would move all the way and bind on every initialisation with ice 50 esc, now with yge its perfect.
Beast vs gt 5 bx is the better system imop. Too much clutter with gt 5
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I am not sure what 1004ron means when he says that the GT5 "does not work with a few servos" but some servos will move hard to one side for a couple of seconds while the GT5 is booting up which can cause them to bind. The Align DS520 is one such servo but I am one with a GT5 and it's perfectly fine.
Let me rephrase that - some servos present a problem as described.

When initializing the servos would go max travel in one direction, and I just don't believe that it's a healthy arrangement having the tail pitch slider reaching max travel and the pitch control rod bending each time the system initialized.

The Align servos such as the DS420 and DS520 have this problem.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystark View Post

Yes, I believe that the BeastX is better, and my preference would be the AR7200BX.

Expect problems with the DS520.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

How can BEC affect servo traveling ? ......
Problem is simple. At the boot stage of G-T5 all servos are powered, but there is no servo signal present yet. After init, G-T5 send driving signal to servos and all is fine.
Some Align servos travel full travel to one side if there is no driving signal but power is present. This was already fixed by Align, then some servos with same labels have this problem and some no.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

its good, better tail than beastX but talk about support and software updating then forget about it...i like my GT5 but will never get another one
Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalko View Post
How can BEC affect servo traveling ? ......
Problem is simple. At the boot stage of G-T5 all servos are powered, but there is no servo signal present yet. After init, G-T5 send driving signal to servos and all is fine.
Some Align servos travel full travel to one side if there is no driving signal but power is present. This was already fixed by Align, then some servos with same labels have this problem and some no.
The bec can and does make a difference why I can't say but have first hand experience of this, I know there has been a problem with align esc's on vbar as well although can remember details. I have been chasing this problem long time, tried all kinds of setting on ice, even changed servos, no fix, would always go full travel on initialise, then got yge to test and fixed! Btw this is with ino lab servo but align was same although I haven't tried the align with the yge.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used Align DS520 and now DS650 for tail. Both without problem on initialization.

My esc is Hobbywing. Using DSM2 sat.

Guruduck.
guruduck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed the GT5 on my trex 500. I had the beastx on it previously. I have the GT5 on my trex 550 and it is rock solid. It is true it is a little more complex to setup then the beastx. I believe there made by the same folks. I will probably step on some toes here. If I was new to flybarless. I would probably go with the beastx. As others have said the GT5 is a little complex to setup. My GT5 on my 550 was setup by a friend of mine. The one on my 500 was done by me. It was the first GT5 I have setup. At first it was a little confusing. But once you get the routine figure out, it is quite easy. I just wish they would have incorporated a gov feature in it. If they ever do, I will be installing one on my X50 nitro. I believe it all comes down to personal preference.
flyinhigh58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in