Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which is the better bird overall: E-sky Belt CP or Blade SR

Just wondering. I have the SR with the stock Tx. It has had more than enough crashes and rebuilds. A local guy has a Belt CP with Tx, charger and a lot of spare parts for sale for $100.00. Am I better off to give up on the SR and go with the E-sky CP? Which one flies better ?
Thanks for any input.
Dragonsbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never flown the SR so I can't make a direct comment. The Belt CP can be made to fly fairly well for what it is, better still if your SR has something like a DX6i with it. Then you can buy a DSM2 receiver and use the DX6i in place of the stock Tx, which doesn't have a very good reputation for reliability and isn't programmable. In stock form the Belt CP needs a few upgrades to fly reliably well. The stock servos, ESC and Rx are pretty poor. I'd have thought $100 was a lot for such an old model nowadays.

It's a little difficult to advise on which one to put your money into but the SR has that flawed idea of a motor-driven tail whereas the Belt is a "proper" heli. Possibly the $100 would be better put towards something else anyway?
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I flew both and while Blade SR has some weak points it's a far superior flier to the stock Belt CP, more stable and generally much more flyable even if it's smaller and has a tail motor. My advice would be to go for the new flybarless version, Blade 300X (it even shares some parts with SR), which is nearly flawless and excellent flyer, but if you can't blow $320 on a new heli my advice would be to ignore a used Belt CP offer and go for a Black Friday deal HH has right now and buy yourself a new Blade SR for $130 with free shipping, keeping the old one for parts.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-heli-EFLH1500
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.

Last edited by jperkosk; 12-01-2013 at 07:09 AM..
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to Jerry. Don't buy the used Belt just because it's there and appears cheap. It's not a step forward from what you've got right now. And it won't be any easier to fly, especially on the stock Esky TX. You would have to spend at least $200 on upgrades (new TX/RX, servos, gyro etc) to get is reliably flyable, as Wulfrun says. Many better options out there for that amount of money.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Sr or Cp

Thanks for the input Guy's. It sounds like the guy who has the CP for sale did not know how to fly it very well and just wants to get rid of it, considering all of the new parts he has in his pictures. I think I am better off to keep the SR and not end up with another problem child heli that needs the same amount of money to keep it flying. Some day I will be able to get a DX6i, and a whole new world of flying will start.
Dragonsbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in