Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinions on Hitec Servos

I have JR 8231s in a Raptor 60 and wish I had faster and stronger servos. I've been thinking about putting in 8311's.

I've tried the new Hitec 5945MG and 5925MG servos in RC cars/trucks and they are fast and strong. They have had a hard life so far and are still tight. Overall, I've been extremely impressed.

What do you guys think about using one of these Hitecs in the Raptor 60? What about the new 69xx servos?
kaye7877 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hitecs have failed me

I purchased 4 Hitec 9545 digitals new. Had them in pmax. About 3rd flight one failed. Replaced it and them next flight another failed. Since then I have sold 2 of them and one of them had failed in a off road truck as well.
They seem to be good servos but I have been told they dont belong in helis. Just my oppinion.
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is the kind of information that I am looking for.

Anybody else?
kaye7877 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2004, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 3 of the HS-5475HB on the swashplate of my Raven
so far they are working really well
3 digital , double ball bearing , HD resin geared servos for $100
works for me :glasses:
darksidedave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2004, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same HS925's in my Sceadu for 2.5 years now and their not loose and working great. Lets see ....that's probley 10 crashes (mild and hard) on them now.
I also have HS5925's, 5625's, 525BB's and MG's and no failures on any of them in Freya 90's, Furys, TSK's..... etc.
Now, I do make sure I have no BINDING on them, and I don't get to fly as much as I NEED due to work! but the Sceadu 50 has 90% of my flight time on it over the last 2.5 years.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used the 525's for throttle and 545's on 30 ships in the past. I thought that they were good servos for those applications. Eventually ALL of the Hitec servos that I have ever used in helicopters have failed.
The servos usually work great, right up to the time that they just QUIT without warning. I have sent some back to Hitec in the past and had them replaced for free, only to fail again. I will not use them ever again in a machine that I care anything about.

Toxic Racing Motors
IRCHA #1716
bigrcr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in