Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question NEW TO THE UFLYS HELP!!

Hey guys I'm pretty new to the sport have had a couple co x But very limited. Every time I spin this thing up it goes crazy to the left and wants to tip? I can't figure out how to trim this damn thing because I can't get it to hover. I've already replaced the main gear shaft to the rudder Maybe i screwed something up? Any Help For a newbie Would be much APP Thanx guys Happy Flying
CCU78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mr

Is it sliding left or rotating left (ccw) about the mast?

If its sliding left but the nose is remaining straight then its likely the thrust from the tail rotor pushing the aircraft. Ensure swashplate is level, apply a little more right cyclic and bring it on up out of ground effect about 3-5 feet.

If it's rotating ccw about the mast to the left then its likely one of the 2 gears going to your tail drive shaft that may need replacing. A good way to figure it out is to hold the tail rotor to keep it from spinning and then turn the main gear. If youre easily able to turn the main gear while still holding the tail rotor then its one of the gears in the drive shaft. If the main gear has resistance from you holding the tail then the gears may be ok. Release the tail and rotate the main gear inspecting for damage on the main gear tail shaft drive.
cw4bryant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok what about servo setup?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

and what setting do I put the pots at? and the other two settings theelve rudd pot and the off adj its a RX2435
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SO on the rx 2435

SO on the the rx 2435 what are the best settings to start out at? I've played with them put I'm still lost help?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need to make sure you have it set up correctly , i know it seems crazy but it probably needs a lot of adjustments...first is the rudder set the trim to center then switch the wk---adj switch on the rx to adj...set the servo arm 90 degrees (should be pointing straight down)then use the linkage from the servo to the tail to make the tail blades flat...then spool it up to see which way the heli tries to rotate make a mental note then adjust the rod again..keep doing this 1 turn at a time on the linkage (half turns is bad for the linkage one side is different) till it will hold the tail without spinning in adj mode on the rx...then turn the system off and switch the rx back to wk mode and the tail should be rock solid with no trim needed on the tx...then you need to level the swash plate...center the elevator and aileron trims on the tx with it powered on..check the servo arms they should be 90 degrees (parallel to the tail boom) if not remove the screw on them and set them at 90degrees...then visually look at the swashplate...to check if its level..if its not and 99% of the time it wont be, you need to use the servo links to make it level, a easy way i found is instead of popping off and on the ball links at the swash is just to remove the servo horn and use it to screw in or out on the linkages...after this is all completed you should only need very tiny bit of elevator or aileron trim to maintain a stable hover...i did notice on mine when i leveled the swash in ADJ mode then switched to WK the swash moved a bit and i had to re-level it in WK mode...you might have to do the same but try it first in ADJ mode then watch if it moves when you switch to WK mode on the rx...

just remember the uflys is very quick and it will get you in trouble in a hurry...

even with it perfectly set up and trimmed out it will tend to pull slightly to the left on take off..what is recommended is to throttle up slowly and soon as you see it getting lite of the skids ...goose it a bit and pop it up...

take your time you will get it...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

But On the rx pots what do I set them to to start I have rudd elev alie?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am new so give me simple terms but please tell me what it means lol
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ufly

Still don't know all the settings on the rx or how to trim?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

start out by leaving the pots set to where they were when you got it...should be around 12 o'clock looking from the front...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanx for the help

But still this thing goes crazy when I spin it up? How do i steady it? I think I have all the gyros and everything on? help please I'm so lost?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

what is it doing when you spool up? if its drifting to the left it is normal as all helis will do this due to the tail countering the ccw rotation from the main blades turning...

is there any way you could make a short video on what it is doing so we can get a good idea of what you mean by "But still this thing goes crazy when I spin it up" ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in