Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

If you detail your quality issues than we can work on them to make it better.

Corrado
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks - really nice setup!

I also like my Protos . For me as an advanced beginner, long flight time is interesting for training. Hope for good weather conditions in Germany next weekend...
straesso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFreq View Post
If you detail your quality issues than we can work on them to make it better.
Kit was bought in December 2009:

- lot of screws were missing - and also not included in the bag with spare parts
- hex screw quality partially was poor - inner head size varies and was not exact
- swash plate had be replaced before first flight (out-of-center)
- Main shaft had to be replaced before first flight (twisted)
- Tail pitch mechanism was very sluggish (Tail pitch lever screws did not fit into part MSH 50095)
- canopy looks really nice, but doesn't like cold temperatures (cracks because very thin)
- manual partly not exact and not detailed enough. "Older" parts are mentioned in the manual which were not contained in kit
Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, took note, i wonder if is an old kit you got.

Corrado
Old 02-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FYI but probably off topic:

Except for minor part omissions, known and remedied by vendor, my recently purchased (re-) kit was perfect, and beautiful (red & red). Ordered from RH Dec 26, 09.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm about 1/3 through my build and found a cyclic servo rod missing. Some of the screws for mounting the servos to the upper and lower servo frames were not consistent as to the inner depth and width of the hex hole (M2x10). I ended up ordering some stainless steel ones from rcscrewz.com. Actually I ordered the whole heli kit for the protos just in case I ended up stripping one or two screws.

And the Washout Uniball seems to have the ball link openings backwards to how you would fit it. I ended up using the ball link tool on it but I think I opened the opening up too much and it seems rather easy to pull off. I'm concerned that it might pop off during flight.

The manual from the enclosed CD still refers to the old top main shaft collar. Mine uses two set screws to hold it in place.

The other issue I had is that the two plastic frame sides have a natural tendency (from the molding process?) to want to separate at the bottom of the lower tray towards the motor compartment. There was a 1mm gap between the frame sides even after all the screws were put in. I ended up using a tie wrap to keep them together. I would think a molded fixture (like the ones used to keep the frame sides together at the bottom of the main shaft bottom bearing) using a screw with nylon nut fixture on the curved part of the inside would be prevent this.

This is my first heli build, so I have no experience with other kits from other manufactures to compare to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straesso View Post

- lot of screws were missing - and also not included in the bag with spare parts
- hex screw quality partially was poor - inner head size varies and was not exact
- Tail pitch mechanism was very sluggish (Tail pitch lever screws did not fit into part MSH 50095)
- canopy looks really nice, but doesn't like cold temperatures (cracks because very thin)
- manual partly not exact and not detailed enough. "Older" parts are mentioned in the manual which were not contained in kit
alexf1852 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ordered a plastic kit from ReadyHeli early Feb.

NONE of this was the case for me..it was all beautiful.

I was either a)missing a frame washer or b) popped the bag and lost it..RH sent me a bag of 4 for free upon contacting them.

That must be an older kit mate..has to be..

Corrado: can you please detail pinion and throttle/pitch curves for this video originally posted? The Protos in the video is exactly how I want mine to fly!!!! I have 6s 2200-2600 mah packs with a 13T pinion and the stock motor...for 12 minutes I'm assuming 70-75% midstock throttle?

Quote:

Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On Mr.Mels HS Calc V2 http://heli.dacsa.net/calculatorv2/Default.aspx
I get 2085 @85 Governed on 6s with the MSH motor(800Kvv) and a 12t pinion, so that's where I'm gonna start.
GimpyGolden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdispatch View Post
That must be an older kit mate..has to be..
I read a lot about new Protos 500 parts and upgrades in german and us forums BEFORE i ordered the kit. Thus i did a telephone call to my dealer RC-City in Germany and asked them, whether they deliver the latest version of the kit. They promised, that they will do so...

Is there any possibility to check, what version exactly i got?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #50 (permalink)

404 on video...
rvn84 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I read a lot about new Protos 500 parts and upgrades in german and us forums BEFORE i ordered the kit. Thus i did a telephone call to my dealer RC-City in Germany and asked them, whether they deliver the latest version of the kit. They promised, that they will do so...

Is there any possibility to check, what version exactly i got?
You got the new version.

Corrado
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #52 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

First of all I must say good job you've done MSH! You've made some very good improvements since first release. Now we have the heli Ferrari
...there are still some improvements waiting

First issue I have
you never know what do you order as the MSH uses the same or the older part numbers from the past. I'm always surprised what I get. That's really annoying and should be IMPROVED! For example the tail case. Which one do you get? V1 or V3? Two weeks ago I received V1 which I obviously don't want to... so I do have the V1 instead of the new and improved one... this is a big issue.
It shouldn't be such a problem to assign a new part number if the MSH uses 5 digits part numbers. Come on Corrado...

Manual
There are some parts not avaliable anymore and you can't use it if you want to order some spare parts as some of them doesn't exist anymore. MSH made a huge amount of improvements which is GREAT but the manual should follow this progress as well.

Frame
Please make a bit longer nose so we can hide the capacitors. I smashed two ESC's capacitors when I crashed. The whole ESC is nicely hidden but the capacitors are ready to smashed. I'm not the only one who smashed the ESC because of it. Please stretch the nose or just rid of the noses rounding

Swash servos
Few milimeters and we would be able to use full size servos on a swash. It would be so awsome as there are so fast and strong servos in this class for a few $. Just few milimeters... it's just pity

Tail
One last think which I assume to improve in the kit is the tail pitch slider. The goove isn't made precise so the tail gets stocked sometimes. It should be made more precise or CNC. Actually this is picture form the current manual but now you got it already assambled and you can't get it appart you see what I mean?
This part I'm talking about
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFreq View Post
Ok, took note, i wonder if is an old kit you got.

Corrado
Im sure it a kit from older batch.
I got my kit from one of the first runs (its been a long time) and it was picture perfect.

Second one I got was troublesome, some parts missing, out-of center swash etc.
At that time some of my spare parts come with some stuff doubled and other missing.
I guess that was second batch and it had QA issues. (Spring 09??)

After that all was good again, new kits have all the updates, even the swash was updated.

My flying club is almost exclusive MSH now, only 2-3 Trex450s and occasional Raptor.
We converted most to Protos, over 10 by me alone

BUT parts numbering can be better Corrado...... and updated manual while we at it.

Last edited by wespen; 02-19-2010 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: deleted old "where is 600" joke :)))))))
wespen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
Use pinion 12t and rise the throtle. It's not really efficient when you have 60% only!!!

You will see the time difference... and let me know
I'm a little bit helpless: today i did three test-flights with pinion 12t. I tried governer mode with 75% (2650 rpm), 70% and 60% (2380 rpm). With each setting, flight time was exactly the same as i had with pinion 14t and gas curve 60%: 8.5 minutes.

To be honest, i don't understand this...

Regards

Olaf
Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

this is strange! What batteries?
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
this is strange! What batteries?
Lipos 6S 2650 mA 30C - less than 10 load cycles each.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
today i did three test-flights with pinion 12t. I tried governer mode with 75% (2650 rpm), 70% and 60% (2380 rpm). With each setting, flight time was exactly the same as i had with pinion 14t and gas curve 60%: 8.5 minutes.
Sorry, i made some mistakes: flight time with 75% increases and was about 9.0 minutes. Flight time with 60% was about 10.0 minutes - i will repeat testing as soon as possible.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

with 6S 2650 mAh 30-40C / 12T / 2500 rpm (jazz 55 governed at 80%) I get 5' - 5'30 of soft 3D. (loops and rolls, funnels, inverted) with 80% lipo discharge.

with 62 2350 mAh 25C, I get 4'30 - 5' flight time in same conditions.

I never could get more flight time. a bi more with stock esc, but not that much. (30 seconds maxi)

could you give :
. your flying style for 10 mn flight time ?
. lipo discharge after flight ?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

With 14T and 100-70-100 throttle I get 8 min of sport flying out of a 6S 2500 pack (10%-15% rest capacity).

Best,
Frank
Tail boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in