Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer
Bob will the parts be compatible with the Lepton?
Uhhh...
Inertiatic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
HeliFreak Security Staff

My HF Map location

I would love to see a VERY cheap(but well made) version of this as it would complete my collection!

looking forward to more progress.
Gaui 200
Trex 450 SE V2 Dedicated night Rig
Cryofix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It would be nice if all screws were hex head. It bugs me that I strip out a screw head because I am not at the right angle or something and sometimes you have to order the entire part to get a single screw :/. I wish the world would forget about flat head and phillips screws and only use hex. A better head was created so lets use it! .
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just my two cents worth here, but if the parts do not fit the Leptop then I really have no interest in it. Nor would I think that the discussion should contiune in this forum if it is not Lepton compatible.

FWIW, companies will always make clones of a successful competitor's product. That's just the way it is. Doesn't make it right as there are intelectual property rights, money spent on R&D, etc. that makes copying a product morally wrong. I personally would not buy a "clone" product, but would buy aftermarket parts.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,

Fact, I got my Lepton EX well over a week before you got yours. Threads on this forum will confirm that. I can even scan the invoice and post it. The ship date was 6-13-06 and I ordered the machine on 4-19-06.

Here's the post you wrote on June 13, 2006 in this thread:

https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=14092

"George... Jeff was flying 3S2P 2100 APEX packs (the yellow 18C ones)... Guess what... I gly those on my Trex so all I have to do for 3S is make up a Y connector to put two packs in the lepton!!!!

For 4S 3700 20C packs seem to be reccomended but I think 18C's may cut the mustard too.

I get mine in about a week so I am told

Bob

I've flown my machine enough times to know it isn't slow on cyclics, will do piroflips, hurricaines in all orientations, piro funnels and just about everything my old fingers can do with it and comparing it to a 50 size machine just isn't fair.

It's not about being against anything that is anti Hirobo, that's not it at all. I'm just asking for you to be accurate. You said the tail blew out and started a big ruckus which five oh perpetuated and I admit you retracted your statements but you didn't go back and edit the posts to reflect your change of heart did you?

Be accurate Bob. If the machine isn't fast enough to suit you, then say so but to put a blanket statement out there that the head is old school is to ignore the history.

BTW, thank you Arthur for your insightful comments.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 03:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yo Bob/T,

I kindly ask you to talk about these type of private matters off the Forum.
This is not why I like to visit the Freak.

On topic please

Regards,

Marc
Old 08-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
kat

Quote:
Well thats all cool but this heli will be intended as a cheap and new upgrade from the Trex450 which is what I was hoping the Lepton would be!
Finless, I know this is still somewhat of a rumour, but if/when Hirobo release the plastic version of the Lepton it might be the heli you hoped for.

Quote:
Dont get me wrong the Lepton ROCKs but you dont see SWARMS of Trex users jumpng on it.
They might jump on the plastic version.

Thats not to say you shouldn't have a crack at a new head design. CX have shown the way.

As an aside ... this is a funny quote.

Quote:
I would love to see a VERY cheap(but well made) version

Jamie Cooper
kat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Marc,

That's the point, the original post isn't even on topic. This is supposed to be a forum for Lepton EX users, not clones and wanna be's Lepton EX's makers.

TM
Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

yes CHEAP and well made, why not, if we keep thinking the same all the time, we never make it better and cheaper.

requote, make it cheaper, better and compatible with lepton so I can buy the half of the heli for same $$$ i buy one part from hirobo,

come on, align can do trex, somebody has to do the same with lepton
hkb817333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

cheap / well made
pay for what you get??
pistol974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

This will be compatible with the Lepton but the idea is an updrgade / change to it.
So it wont be the exact same as the Lepton.

Think of it as kind of like the Avant was for the Freya.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
This will be compatible with the Lepton but the idea is an updrgade / change to it.
So it wont be the exact same as the Lepton.

Think of it as kind of like the Avant was for the Freya.

Bob
That is what I wanted to hear. We need more aftermarket companies making more optional upgrades. You can never leave any heli stock. :mrgreen: Since this is kind of like the Avant for the Freya how about making a progamable head like the Avant for the people that are willing to fork over the $, I'll buy one of them. :mrgreen:
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly Bob I think the better approach may be to start the way Carbon Extreme did and start with upgrades. Once your company/design has made a reputation for itself then move on to a full heli.

Please don't take this the wrong way but outside of the internet forums I'm not sure you have a reputation yet (good or bad). Contrast this with Terry who has been out there helping people at fun flies and events for a long time. When I was having issues with my Evo I asked for help at 2 different fun flies and the responses were unanimous...Ask Terry to show me how to dial indicate the clutch. In the end I just sent my engine/clutch assembly to him and he fixed my issue. Not sure how many people in this hobby have the reputation that would allow me to send my new Hyper engine with no worries at all that he wouldn't send it back.

This is in no way meant as a comment on the back and forth you an Terry had earlier. Just wanted to throw out the issue of building a reputation. Not sure how many people would be willing to jump on a new heli without that and a good reputation of parts support behind it. On the opther hand look at the people lined up to buy the new Avant Aurora. Why? Because Augusto has already built a reputation for his work and his customer support.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

So this will be a Lepton CX? :mrgreen: One thing I would like to see is a seperate mounting plate for the motor. Keep the tabs on the sides of the plate just like in your aluminum piece but make slotted screw holes in the frame for adjusting the gear mesh. The slots could be cenetered around the existing holes so it would still be backwards compatible with original Lepton parts. A boom mounted tail servo would be great but that would only make it more tail heavy. An optional smaller diameter tail pulley would be a plus. Keep the boom and boom clamps aluminum for electrical bonding/grounding to the frame.
Stuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Pardon my ignorance, but is this in the same class as a Quick EP8 ?
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore
No offense Bob but you don't exactly set the world on fire when it comes to 3D. C'mon, you mean to tell me that this machine is too slow and won't do 3D?
Hi again. No offense, but you don't exactly set the world on fire when it comes to being courteous of others, nor treating them with respect.

If Bob doesn't like a design, and wants to do something different, so be it. If you don't like his design, so be it also. There's no need to go into this kind of bashing.

You think all the guys sitting around in offices designing planes such as the F22 are extreme dogfighters? I doubt most of them even know how to fly. By your logic, they aren't capable of making comments about airplane design.

I let it go when you started getting nasty with me, but it's really uncool of you to get onto Bob like this. This thread wasn't placed here for you to voice your opinions of Bob or his flying, instead to voice your opinions of his idea/product/whatever. Maybe you should drink a glass of ice water, relax a bit and quit being a dick to everyone who doesn't agree with your perspective, tries something new, or does something different than you did. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything, and most certainly people don't want to be treated this poorly by you.
ormandj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj
Quote:
No offense Bob but you don't exactly set the world on fire when it comes to 3D. C'mon, you mean to tell me that this machine is too slow and won't do 3D?
Hi again. No offense, but you don't exactly set the world on fire when it comes to being courteous of others, nor treating them with respect.
Perhaps you should take your own advise or was it someone else that called Terry a dick in another thread

Sorry but Terry is the one of the most helpful people in this hobby and has the respect of everyone that knows him. Go to a funfly sometime and ask someone about Terry or who they recommend to help you out and let us know the answer.

You may not like Terry's response but Bob put his own flying skills out there when he made the insinuation that the Lepton head would not do 3D. That may not have been his intention but that's how it came across.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well, you can certainly tell who the RR people are that Bob dragged over here.
Motions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

If Bob doesn't like a design, and wants to do something different, so be it. If you don't like his design, so be it also. There's no need to go into this kind of bashing.

You think all the guys sitting around in offices designing planes such as the F22 are extreme dogfighters? I doubt most of them even know how to fly. By your logic, they aren't capable of making comments about airplane design.

I let it go when you started getting nasty with me, but it's really uncool of you to get onto Bob like this. This thread wasn't placed here for you to voice your opinions of Bob or his flying, instead to voice your opinions of his idea/product/whatever. Maybe you should drink a glass of ice water, relax a bit and quit being a dick to everyone who doesn't agree with your perspective, tries something new, or does something different than you did. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything, and most certainly people don't want to be treated this poorly by you.
Go back to flying your Trex dude. This isn't the forum for selling competing equipment that you reverse engineered from a commercial vendor. I had my say with you and I stand by it.

What you don't seem to get is the bigger picture here and what Bob is wanting. Bob wants to be a sponsored pilot so bad that he can taste it, period. This is what it's all about.

When you've paid your dues in this hobby like me and a lot of the rest of my contemporaries and you've burned the gas like we have have your opinion will change. Right now your just one dude that's got a few flights under your belt and you think you know what's going on. Trust me, you don't.

Bob likes to run fast and loose with the truth just like this comment:

"Considering I have had mine a lot longer than you and have probably flown it more than you, I think I can say WITH experience and give an opinion without being called "lord Finless".
Oh and I am not just a Hirobo flyer either. I fly several different helis so again I think I know the difference between how they fly and which has a better cyclic feel. Vibe 90, Evo 50, Trex600 (awesome cyclic response by the way), My lepton, etc... "

This is totally unsupported by the facts as I explained in an earlier post. Would you like me to post the invoice like I offered to? Bob didn't take me up on that offer did he?

Whenever Bob's skills are called into question, he always pulls out the personal attack dog routine and turns it loose. Rather than flying and burning gas, driving to contests, Bob is content to post this rubbish online with the aura of impunity and then when someone calls him on it he runs to his shelter and whines that he's being attacked personally. Think about it, if someone says that a head is slow, old school and needs freshening up, what qualifications do you bring to the table that makes me believe that you know what you are talking about other than a few how to videos? When someone that I've personally met and know about their flying skills says it I tend to listen. There are hundreds of pilots that I've been side by side with that frequent this forum and RR and they have seen me fly, I've seen them too at fun fly's around the US and we don't BS each other but we know the difference when we see it in print.

I spent a few minutes reading a few of your posts on RR and here and you are green as a gourd but you don't seem to know it.

Son, machined parts that someone copied from an existing kit don't impress me. I'm in the business. As a Journeyman Toolmaker, CNC programmer and Sales and Applications Manager for a major Southeastern Machne Tool distributor I see this stuff everyday. My customers make parts for a living that really matter and seeing some milled CF is trivial to the machining equation but I'm glad your impressed.

California is full of small garage shops that need work because the aircraft industry is slower than they have been in years, although that's getting ready to change and when it does you can say bye bye to non commercial work.

Bob needs to take this thread somewhere that it belongs and it's not here in the Lepton EX forum because this has nothing to do with flying the Lepton but it has everything to do with promoting Bob.

TM
Old 08-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know Bob's desires, nor am I speaking to them.

Quote:
When you've paid your dues in this hobby like me and a lot of the rest of my contemporaries and you've burned the gas like we have have your opinion will change. Right now your just one dude that's got a few flights under your belt and you think you know what's going on. Trust me, you don't.
You're hilarious. I'm glad you can make comments about me without knowing anything concerning me. I "paid my dues" to the hobby the moment I bought a helicopter and spent time learning it. I didn't put in 30 years of flying, you're right. Give me a year or two and I'll be flying just as well as anybody else. I don't need 30 years to "pay dues" to someone who I owe none.

Quote:
Whenever Bob's skills are called into question, he always pulls out the personal attack dog routine and turns it loose. Rather than flying and burning gas, driving to contests, Bob is content to post this rubbish online with the aura of impunity and then when someone calls him on it he runs to his shelter and whines that he's being attacked personally. Think about it, if someone says that a head is slow, old school and needs freshening up, what qualifications do you bring to the table that makes me believe that you know what you are talking about other than a few how to videos? When someone that I've personally met and know about their flying skills says it I tend to listen. There are hundreds of pilots that I've been side by side with that frequent this forum and RR and they have seen me fly, I've seen them too at fun fly's around the US and we don't BS each other but we know the difference when we see it in print.
That's all great and wonderful, but it gives you no right to start throwing personal attacks/comments into the equation. Disagree based on reality (your superior engineering skills) or anything you like, but there is never any reason to bring in personal comments. Bob didn't call any attack dogs, quite the contrary, he got silent. I'm responding out of my own free will and out of respect.

Quote:
I spent a few minutes reading a few of your posts on RR and here and you are green as a gourd but you don't seem to know it.
That's nice, but I rarely used RR. If you want a better cross-section of me, read my posts on RCG. I still don't see how this qualifies you to make such asinine comments about me. You don't know a thing about me.

Quote:
Son, machined parts that someone copied from an existing kit don't impress me. I'm in the business. As a Journeyman Toolmaker, CNC programmer and Sales and Applications Manager for a major Southeastern Machne Tool distributor I see this stuff everyday. My customers make parts for a living that really matter and seeing some milled CF is trivial to the machining equation but I'm glad your impressed.
I'm not your son, nor do you have any right to call me as such. I make no words as to my "greenness" I've been quite open in my newness to this hobby. Old man, bragging about your qualifications doesn't impress me.

Quote:
California is full of small garage shops that need work because the aircraft industry is slower than they have been in years, although that's getting ready to change and when it does you can say bye bye to non commercial work.
What does this have to do with anything? You think it'll be hard to send part requests out to Taiwan then? That's what everybody does now.

Quote:
Bob needs to take this thread somewhere that it belongs and it's not here in the Lepton EX forum because this has nothing to do with flying the Lepton but it has everything to do with promoting Bob.
Right, and you are quite obviously the voice of the Lepton forum. Now I'm glad I didn't pick one up for other reasons. I'm also glad you know Bob's intent behind everything he does. You must be God around these parts.

DO

I guess your mother never taught you to treat others with the respect you wish to be treated with.
ormandj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in