Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never did find out exactly ( 100%) what the cause was- just trying to say that if something fails like the ESC- packs-wiring etc it can get pretty messy pretty quick.
markjj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjj View Post
Never did find out exactly ( 100%) what the cause was- just trying to say that if something fails like the ESC- packs-wiring etc it can get pretty messy pretty quick.
I'm curious, questions;

So it "could" have been the ESC yes ?
Why are the pix missing from the posts in the above links ? (post 160)
Did outrage sort you out ?
Do you still fly outrage packs ?

Thx

Peace

My Logo-600
My Vids
ShuNut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Howdy

Their was too much damage to really be sure, could of been quite a few things looking back but main fire was around the packs so they sorta took the blame- Greg Alderman sorted out some replacements no problem.

The Castle ESC looks ok in the pics but was toast, the 'daughter board' was completely melted along with a lot of wiring and solder but again too much damage to say what caused the problem.

That happened quite a while ago, the pics were stored on a old photo hosting company that I closed down.

On the subject of packs I'm kinda liking the HK turnigy ones- working a treat for the price.

Back On topic LOL...

I dug out my CCHV 85 - downloaded the latest version and gave it a try out- Glad to see the tail wag is gone at last in Gov mode but really didn't get a chance to put it through it paces...At least it didn't let loose the magic smoke.

Yet-
markjj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #164 (permalink)

Holy crap thats one melted heli!!! So painful to see!

*hugs his castle ice 75*

Butuz
Butuz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx for that info markjj .

(Cant believe you answered ALL my questions, normally ppl NEVER answer all of them.)

My Logo-600
My Vids
ShuNut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question for you guys, I am using my CC Ice 100 in a Trex 600esp, with scorpion 4025-1100 motor. I downloaded the newest 3.21 beta software and that is what I am using. However, I am using it in the outrunner mode as I was not sure if I should use this mode or not? I have only flown the heli a few times with this setup but the motor and esc are not even warm after flight. Should I change the esc out of outrunner mode?
flyinrazrback is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #167 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback View Post
Question for you guys, I am using my CC Ice 100 in a Trex 600esp, with scorpion 4025-1100 motor. I downloaded the newest 3.21 beta software and that is what I am using. However, I am using it in the outrunner mode as I was not sure if I should use this mode or not? I have only flown the heli a few times with this setup but the motor and esc are not even warm after flight. Should I change the esc out of outrunner mode?
Whether Outrunner mode is optimal seems to greatly depend on the motor. The Hacker motors are notorious for not liking it, but my Atom 500 motor is happy with it. I'd say if you're not getting excessive heating, then keep running Outrunner mode.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks, I will just leave it how it is for now, guess if it is not broke than don't fix it!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Whether Outrunner mode is optimal seems to greatly depend on the motor. The Hacker motors are notorious for not liking it, but my Atom 500 motor is happy with it. I'd say if you're not getting excessive heating, then keep running Outrunner mode.
I'm not sure if the "Outrunner Mode" problem is so much a Hacker problem, but it does seem that the Hacker's don't play nice with many ESC's. Even the Jive's have a separate mode (Mode 10) just for the Hacker Electric Turbine! I think it's time for me to get a Scorpion..
Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback View Post
After talking with CC last week, when using a scorpion and the newest software, they said using outrunner mode is optimal. I switched mine to outrunner and my 4035-560 started running cooler.
RVCOFF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCOFF View Post
After talking with CC last week, when using a scorpion and the newest software, they said using outrunner mode is optimal. I switched mine to outrunner and my 4035-560 started running cooler.
Thats great news. What are your settings please? Are you using RPM mode?

Thanks
kyalamikid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using a HV85 on 10s with a 4035-560
RPM mode @2200
low timing
outrunner mode
soft cutoff
current limiting disabled
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

I emailed CC and he advised me that the 3.21 software and the outrunner mode is best for my application. I have mainly done hovering, setting up the heli and trimming it and would think this is when the motor and esc would run the hottest, but right after flight both the motor, esc and batteries are cool to the touch.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use the scorp 560kv with outrunner mode and mid timing now. Set rpm at 2200 and 2300 and it flies great. Only the motor get's hot imo. about 55c in near freezing conditions. I hope that it won; t go up in flames when the ambient temperature is higher. The controller and lipo stay completely cool though.
jvthert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Completely disabling current protection sounds like a bad thing to me. It might actually be the cause of some flame balls. If you get over-current problems usually the connectors are no good or the lipo is failing.
I prefer to auto-rotate to earth or have a warning after landing (if the situation was not too bad). I've had one small crash with my T-rex due to the protection kicking in and noticing it too late (lost my head speed) but changing my connectors and setup fixed all issues. That crash was a small price to pay in comparison to the carnage Markjj showed us.
jvthert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had current limiting disabled on a CC80 for a while and ended up burning it up. Had to do an emergency auto from low level FFF without any warning and barely got it down. This is why I always run a separate BEC. Keep in mind I was running a 4020-1100 on 6S, I didn't have enough headroom with the CC80.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CC recommends using the "insensitive - 170 Amp" setting, from memory.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvthert View Post
Completely disabling current protection sounds like a bad thing to me. It might actually be the cause of some flame balls. If you get over-current problems usually the connectors are no good or the lipo is failing.
I prefer to auto-rotate to earth or have a warning after landing (if the situation was not too bad). I've had one small crash with my T-rex due to the protection kicking in and noticing it too late (lost my head speed) but changing my connectors and setup fixed all issues. That crash was a small price to pay in comparison to the carnage Markjj showed us.
Yeah Ive gone back and forth on this setting, in two years of using CC controllers, I've never expierenced a shut down due to current limiting. I think I will switch it back to insensitive....so know one can say "I told you so"
Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCOFF View Post
I think I will switch it back to insensitive....so know one can say "I told you so"
No one would say thaaaat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in