Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I finally just said the heck with it and got a Nano RTF!

After seeing one of these things flown 3D in my LHS in very little area I decided I couldn't take it anymore and it was time to get back into Heli's. It's been a while, I'd flown several different types and builds of 450's (Trex, Scale setups, etc) and a Gaui 550 that I really hot rodded but I got out a few years ago as time was tight, two young kids and another on the way, etc.

SO, I said this is it, I dusted off my Version 1 of Phoenix and started to practice my fixed wing and then rotor again while I was reading up on all the Micros. I have to say the more I read the more confused and perplexed I got as to which one was going to work for me, flying primarily indoors to train back up but not spend an endless amount of time chasing gremlins. Walkera this, the various Blade models, FP or CP to get back in the game; I would make a decision and then read something and change my mind; over and over, around and around. I'd finally decided I was just going to buy a good receiver first while I learned about these things a bit more and then I said the heck with it, I'm going to buy an RTF Nano with the junky DX4 receiver so I can FLY. I went Nano as my LHS carries HH stuff and the bird they were demo'ing had close to 200 flights on with everything original minus the blades, landing gear and canopy and it was still flying great. They'd sold close to 120 Nano's and had only one that had an issue, it went back to HH, they swapped the 3-1 and it was fine. I'd flown (and driven!) RC stuff with these guys for a while so I don't think they were pulling my leg and I was looking at the MXPx BL and more expensive stuff and they just kept saying Nano CPx, for me skip the FP thing and just do it.

So, I did. And MAN I love this little bird! Flight 1, boy this thing is twitchy! Flight 2, landing on the coffee table, Flight 3, landing on an iPad on the coffee table, Flight 4, hit the "stunt" button, do a few collective bumps and try not to hit anything in the house! A few bumps into this or that, just check out the swash, the ball links, get the gear seated again and back to flying. What I learned is BUY MORE PACKS! I went through the four I'd bought pretty quick and then I was SOL, arrghh. I have more on order and those 2-1 and 3-1 charging leads I'll run thru my Hitec X-1 that I use for my Slash 2wd truck/car setup.

Anyway I just wanted to say in my case I just needed to take the plunge and go for it and MAN am I glad I did. I foresee crashes and all kinds of fun ahead but this thing is WAY cool.

Happy Flying!
Drew816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1I was contemplating getting a new 3-1 board for my mcpx but decided to get a new Nano instead! Good choice. Gave the mcpx to a buddy to learn on. If I tried a flip it would piroit out of control and not right itself. The Nano is a nano 3D BEAST!
FGump is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Some Nano tips

Hey, glad you took the plunge !

Here's some thoughts of My own about the Nano, take what you can use

Blade Nano CPX Bling / Performance Tips

Right from the box, the Nano cpx is one of the most stable and fun flyers that Blade has come up with...but here's a few tips to really make it shine !

1) Use any aftermarket metal upgrade...swash...plate / rotor hub / blade grip setup...the stability increase is amazing and the metal hub reduces breakage...I occasionally button-touch the floor and adding negative pitch brings it right back up...

2) Add silicone grommet kits to the swashplate and grip links to tighten up the head for amazing stability at hover (inverted hover is fantastic)

3) For an added measure of control, use the tail boom (BLH3602) from the mcpx, motor/rotor and all. The increased control makes 3D a lot easier and it's plug-n-play

4) While learning 3D, start with the lower D/R settings selected...the tail won't blow and as zippy as the Nano is, it's a lot easier to master

5) Ask your favorite heli guru to check and adjust the pos/neg centers and travel adjustments so you have equal throws...done on your TX
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome back! You will love the Nano as I see you already are.

I would not do any upgrades to it until you break something or constantly break the same things. Once you've had many flights you will come to conclusion on what items you want to upgrade or bling out.

Since these birds are mass produced some may have inherit "issues" that others don't. I know the silicone o-rings that JonJet mentioned above really works well IF your bird has issues. Many fly without them and are unnecessary (mine doesn't need them).
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in