Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So I met this lady in HobbyTown

...but she had a boyfriend.

Anyway, I was very impressed with her knowledge. She had some sort of degree with automotive and had just recently became involved in RC cars. I appreciated her patience, 'cuz she got over my head pretty quick (but was still able to explain things simply.) Her and her boyfriend were wanting to convert a vehicle motor from brush to brushless. I believe she was successful even though they had to piece it together from parts (I had to leave before her and the HobbyTown guy finished putting it together.)

I enjoyed talking to her! I've heard the stories about how women aren't taken seriously in the RC heli hobby and I wonder if it's different in the RC car hobby?

Anyway, I hope to meet more women in the RC heli hobby like that lady (not that I'm comparing anyone, I just meant "friendly.") I look forward to learning from them!
ChopperFreak is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Too bad you had to leave before they finished that motor. I would have liked to known if they got it to work.

I have never had an issue with anyone not taking me seriously in the helicopter world so far. If they aren`t, they are not doing when I`m around....LOL

Anyway....I`m glad you had a nice time chatting with her.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Women like that are always taken, sadly. I've been looking for my Gadget Hackwrench my whole life. No deal. You can't blame the guys. Once, when I lived in Chicago, I was washing laundry. This really pretty girl came up to me to ask me about, of all things, my pontiac fiero. She was even wearing a jump suit. Black with yellow trim all the way down to the floor. She wanted to know all about the fiero. Then she started talking about her TransAm. Which she had done all her own work on. Like me, she hated alignments. Probably, who doesn't. Anyways the whole time, I just kept getting more and more engaged. All the sudden, she backed up like an inch and told me she was married. It was so heart breaking. We talked until my clothes were done. Oh well... I hope girls like that understand the desperation, so they aren't offended. There are very few and far between. Lots of time when there are, they've been goaded on by the boyfriends or husbands. But a girl who is genuinely like that...... To the guys that are lucky, well, yeah...
gearwarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2020, 04:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face im ashamed

its really awkard to take my wife to the flying field im pretty sure 30% is single, and have very little interaction with girls i can tell let me get straight to the point i think 99% of all girls in Rc come from a BF or Dad who showed them every thing if you want more girls in RC dont look try to be there boyfrend instead just a regular new pilot that you introduce into the hobby and i can asure you great success. also try not to find ur dream wife with all the skills you are looking for instead look for one that is capable of learing all those skills
henktenk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in