Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Boca Engine Bearings

Just wondering if any of you have used the Boca Bearings for the OS55HZ-R and which set have you all used. I normally go to RC Bearings for my engine bearings but they are all out of stock. I see on Boca Bearings website they offer 4-5 different bearing sets 2 of them are ceramic so those two are a no go.
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put some ceramic type in mine. I also have some cheaper ones. Not sure it makes any difference. Sounds like my ceramic ones are making a slight growl. I'm going to wait and see how it goes and then replace with the standard economy style to see if there is any difference.

I run that engine pretty hard as it is on a big heavy heli with 620 size blades.

Overall BOCA bearing seem just fine as far as bearings go.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqowen View Post
I put some ceramic type in mine. I also have some cheaper ones. Not sure it makes any difference. Sounds like my ceramic ones are making a slight growl. I'm going to wait and see how it goes and then replace with the standard economy style to see if there is any difference.

I run that engine pretty hard as it is on a big heavy heli with 620 size blades.

Overall BOCA bearing seem just fine as far as bearings go.
That's interesting I have always gone by the assumption that ceramic bearings aren't a good choice for use in the engine. I thought they would be more likely to do major damage if they failed while in operation.
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie12 View Post
That's interesting I have always gone by the assumption that ceramic bearings aren't a good choice for use in the engine. I thought they would be more likely to do major damage if they failed while in operation.
Do you know why?

The ceramic is just a name btw. They're not ceramic like you might find in a cupboard. It's just hardened metal. Supposed to last longer.

Expensive too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in