Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some are just close-minded
Like the old Ford Vs Chev thing.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's avoid getting into the whole XXtreme vs. a T-Rex 700 deal (or any other 700 for that matter). The two aren't very comparable.

It's like trying to compare a T-Rex 500 or 550 with a T-Rex 700.

Nobody really does that, as they know the two helis are different in size, cost, capability, and in the way they fly and handle. Anyone whose been around the hobby awhile "gets the differences", and knows debating which is "better" is a waste of time.

Now you can of course discuss those differences between a T-Rex 500/550 and a 700 (nothin' wrong with that), but to "compare them", and try and say one is better than the other...that's apples to oranges.

Comparing the XXtreme and "700" class helis is like that. We can rationally discuss the differences (there are many), but to "compare them" one to another, trying to say which is "best", is kind-of a waste of time.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

To look into this topic, I think why Mikado is expensive because it is manufactured in German. If it was manufactured in TW or in China mainland with quality control. I think the price would have cut down a lot. This is only a hobby, the mikado parts can be easily made in most place of the world, now 5 axis CNN machine is not very high tech now. If Align sales their products with Mikado price, I believe it will be very very good.

So, this whole thing is really down to the cost of labor, martial etc. As I said this is only a hobby. A lot of manufacture can achieve Mikado quality if the raise their product price and put a bit more money in developing. So it is like you pay more for better heli, if mikado cut their price down, they won't use better material because they get to make profit.
BruceHuang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

you get what you pay for and it is blatantly obvous why a mikado would cost more than a t-rex.

if that isn't understood by someone then they have more issues than worrying about which helicopter to fly.
philipfrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipfrank View Post
you get what you pay for and it is blatantly obvous why a mikado would cost more than a t-rex.

if that isn't understood by someone then they have more issues than worrying about which helicopter to fly.
Hi Phil,

Noticed you online. So now that you have had the chance to build your new 600SE and have seen my 550 and yours, what are your thoughts? How was the maiden?

I've been keeping an eye on the Logo brand for nearly 6 months and I'm contemplating either holding out for the XXTreme or getting the 600SE. May go with the 600SE since I'll need to get an SUV.

Luis
Luisito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

love the logo. built it up as a 550 initially. it flew very good. had a lighter feel to it than my rex550 but i did like my rex 550 alot. the 6s logo was a few ounces lighter but the head gives it a lighter feel in the air as well.

after flying the logo as a 6s 550 i just had to stretch it. the logo has a very low parts count. lower than any machine i have owned or seen in 14 years.

bang for the buck 550 is great but the logo is a new ballgame. would highly recommend it.

the last german machine i had was a robbe futura youngblood se years ago. the german machines do stand out.

the logo 800 looks really nice but more than i plan to get into while baby is in college at tcu!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

now now we all have nice helis!!

this type of thing is a matter of opinion, what some people would consider better aero engineering. Some people like Chevy's and some people prefer Toyotas even mechanics.

Its really when you start putting the Vbar on the Trex a good motor, and a LOT to do with the pilot.

I like Logo's the best so far for sure,

I had a trex 550e a while back, always had a tail wag problem, which was like a ford mustang.

and I now have a Logo 600 I like much better its like a Porche!!

but then when you start putting different motors, and a vbar system in a trex, then you have a debate about how much difference these things actually make

however you cannot beat the Herringbone pinion/gear system!! and the style of a logo I like a lot, of course nothing is more efficient.

The bundled stuff that comes with the Align sucks bigtime ie the speed controller, even the gyro in some cases. perhaps even the motor is not quite up to par with a scorpion xera or certainly a pyro. The screws all strip out or don't go in right.

I always got the distict feeling with the align that some of the things were designed to break or strip especially the plastic parts that the offer an upgrade metal part for

actually one align guy at the field thought it was funny that I had an expensive helicopter while back, he had a trex 700, 500 the works, EXCELENT pilot he is for sure!! he scares the heck out of me with the 700N. But truth of the matter is you want to fly ANY helicopter you're going to pay the same price for a certain flight

having to replace the trex motor and electronics, pluss upgrades and bling make is way more expensive than a logo 600!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any one else notice how loud your buddies Rex is after you fly your Logo?
When I was flying my eRaptor I used to tease how loud my buds Rap 50 was. Now I fly Logo's and give him a hard time about his Rex 550.
Even my Mini Titan is louder than my 600SE
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

"this type of thing is a matter of opinion, what some people would consider better aero engineering"

be aware airframe engineering, quality, and parts count are not based on opinions. it is all based on engineering and design facts and data.

i am in the airframe business and it is not based on opinions. some airframes are more robust and lower maintenance and some are made with more parts and have lower cycle time between maintenance or modification requirements.

it becomes a ford vs chevy if enough facts and data are not present and you do get what you pay for in this hobby without a doubt. mass produced items will generally be a little cheaper made than a niche product.

like a poster said earlier it is more of a chevy vs porshce with completely different performace criteria when you break it all down. you see more align products than anything right now because align is more geared towards price point and the general hobby consumer. there will be more align voices which will skew the perception of those whom may not be as knowledgable about the particulars, facts, and data.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think some people confuse low cost for quality or a pretty canopy for quality.

The logo they better pull there thumb out, if its anything like the Logo 400CF then i think many would be annoyed and thats only a CF frame set, the heli already exists!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

dude I think Align is like the evil empire, isn't the average American in debt to the Align corporation for an average of the price of a coupld of clunky trex's anyways.

You know sometimes I wonder if there is really a difference in quality between an Align, and one of those clones from hobbyking lol?

Thats the real debate, whats better an align or a clone, now theres a good comparisson

Its a clone all shined up and mass produced, designed to make a lot of money on parts you have to realize something. When you look at replacement parts half the time the align parts are more expensive than most other brands even mikado

Another point about Align guys badmouthing... think about it

how often do you go to the field and complain about someones trex not being cool? Never right.
I think its because they've invested all this money into the same heli everyone else at the field has and a group of people who are fans and stuff, so when they see something different that they don't fully understand
Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

"see something different that they don't fully understand"

you hit the nail on the head.

hard to get the bigger picture if you don't know any better.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh one more thing people say you get what you pay for, and that is true sometimes you have to may more for good stuff for sure!! However I find that ALL too often and all too increasingly these days I'm not getting what I pay for in a lot of different aspects of my life. To be honest I felt that way with my 550e, especially when I had to keep reordering parts before the first flight because I was stripping out plasting to metal screws

why is it that when I buy a desk chair or even the abb lounge that I'm supposed to build for my wife now that my 600se is done the stuff is solid as a rock. but seriously I felt if I tightened the screws on that thing just a little too tight it would be ruined you have to be so freaking gentle putting an align together with stock parts.

they know a lot of these parts are flimsy in an align kit, they could do it otherwise but I feel then they would make less money off parts

for instance the cf frame for the logo probably costs the same when piecing together the replacement parts for an align frame or close, but that thing does NOT break easily.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The align frames with bearing blocks etc etc was more than mikado frame i believe.

The thing is align gets them in the door, it works stock but as there is so many blingy things people cannot resist and without realising they spend as much or more.

Take a trex 700E for example, i buy it and sell the stuff i don't want, put the upgrade i think should have been there and after its all said and done i can get a better airframe and if i smash it not reorder from 5 vendors as its got all these upgrades on it.

Anyway fly whatever, an heli is better than none!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in