Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My t-rex setup and feelings

Got my t-rex running. Setup is:
Mega 16/15/4 with 17 tooth pinion
E-flight 3s1p 2100 battery
cc25 esc
315mm woodies
401 gyro
hs56 on pitch
bluebird 307 on cyclic
hs 50 on rudder

Heli has very good power doing 3d flying. Needs harder dampening but will do for now. 11 minuite flight had battery temp at 98f and motor temp at 128f. outside temp was 52f. not sure of the headspeed put it was up there. Only noticed slight bogging with full collective pitch pumping(full neg. to full pos.) in idle up.

I have already done more with this heli than I ever did with my shogun.
Hoping the stretch kit will make it even better. Did I mention I really like this little heli!
mudbogger2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2004, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have already done more with this heli than I ever did with my shogun.
Me too!
rob_jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

May I try yours at Clint's B-Day Rob? I would love a micro that is easier to work with than the Zoom. I had 2 of those and I just don't have the time necessary to make a Zoom fly good. Took me about a few weeks to figure that out. I need one that just flys like my big machines.

Is the T-Rex it?????
Old 12-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
May I try yours at Clint's B-Day Rob?
You bet! Just don't let Henry see!

Quote:
Is the T-Rex it?????
Yes!!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

How 3D was that Trex?

I'm still a noob on FP machine and simulator time (LOTS of sim time), but I'm committed to learning and progressing to flying 3d micros. The Hornet 2 is the best I've seen in videos, but I understand its very costly to maintain (expensive parts) and finicky to set-up and keep set-up correctly.

The Trex is a solid looking heli, but weight-wise, looks too heavy for great 3d. Will yours tic-toc? Blast off out of inverted hover? Etc, Etc???
johnny b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Mine will tic-toc great but inverted punchout is good but not great. Not enought negative pitch. Going to make some changes to that tonight. The weight isn't a problem I have seen 11lb helis do some hard 3d I do have good upright climb out though. Hoping the stretch kit will help out even more by lowering the disk loading. Just remember the t-rex is relativley new and the ultimate 3-d motor /pinion/battery may not have been tried yet.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Planning on getting Trex

I plan to get one.. I have had bad luck with micro heli.. Had a H2, ran good and do good 3D but was too sensitive to the wind. My was stock except for the motor (Razor). I then bought a Zoom thinking it was better in the wind.. Couldn't get it to fly ride. Crashed on me even before trying 3D. I dont want to repair it because it ll probably cost a good 100 dollars to do so. I rather buy another kit. I hate to buy a kit and have to MOD it to get it to 3D mode.

Now I am looking at the TREX.. Anyone know how it flys in slight wind? Is parts cheaper than the Zoom?Thanks.... What are some of the recommended motors?
thelaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine flies fine in the wind up to about 15MPH. It can still be flown in higher winds, but it starts to become more work than fun.

Parts are way cheaper than the Zoom. A crash with the Zoom that would cost $100 to fix might cost $25 with the T-Rex. Not only are the parts a lot cheaper ($8 for two main shafts, $9 for main blades), but it's a lot tougher so there is less damage to begin with. I've crashed mine really hard twice. I don't think it cost more than $20 either time. As another bonus, it's very easy to work on.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was playing in the front yard and had my view blocked by a bush. Well the Tree jumped out and snagged it.

Everything above the Swash is gone (excluding the blade grips).

Total Parts cost: $26

The wood blades had a tiny dent in them (definitely reusable), bent the spindle/mainshaft, destroyed the headblock and mixing arms. The heli dropped about 8 ft. and no other damage.

Just as well, an upgrade opportunity! I ordered the rod replacement to get rid of the Z-Bends. I'm pretty happy with mine, although alot of folks are having trouble with theirs.

Alot of fun without having to travel to the field!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in