Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1st FLIGHT TEST W/ ZYX S TURNED DISASTER.

Finally having the chance for a test run with my neverflown new hk450pro tt fbl with my new zyx s went bad 30 seconds in, hovering at about 3ft high. I think the gain is too high somewhere, as the tail would pull 2 inches left & right, short quick wags nonstop. I was relieved i wasnt having any problems holding a steady hover, then disaster struck. 1 of the flipping tail rotor grips shot off, started to spin, set her down fast, main rotor chopped the boom & it shot out like a rocket. The boom flew about 7ft from the heli, with the rudder servo still attached breaking the case in multiple spots. Screwy thing is i checked the main feathering shaft & tail rotor grip to hub tightness RIGHT BEFORE I ATTEMPTED TO FLY. I think the hk clone grip was out of spec & the bearing wasnt seated correctly. All the bearings & the grip retaining bolt are still attached to the hub, like the grip just slid right off it. What should my gain setting be at or near in my TX??
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have mine at 61 in normal mode and 57 in idle and 100 in the gyro.
NJflya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear of your crash. I hate it when I read of maiden flights going bad...

Sounds like your tail blade grip was so poorly machined that it slipped right off the bearings. Either that or the top bearing was not seated properly during assembly.

Anyways, tail gain on a 450 using zyx and a spektrum radio should be around 60-68. When you tune it, go low (58) and increase 2-3 points at a time until you see wag in FFF. Then go down a notch. Do the tuning at the highest HS you intend to run.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude do you got that on video? Sorry to hear all helis but triple with clones you want to take apart check oil bearings install loc tit and re assemble

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info on the tx gain setting. I tried to get my buddy to record t on my phone but he left for food. This is the first time ive had any part of any of my helis fly off. Crazy the complete grip came off leaving the bearings still bolted to the tr hub. The hk kit came in pre assembled groups of parts, all of which i removed, blue loctited, & replaced the bolts/parts. Also oiled all the bearings. I looked at the inside of the tr grip & it looks more oval shaped than a perfect circle. I have half the parts i need to repair & the rest should be here thurs or fri. My tx gain is prob too high its at 81, when i was setting up the tarot i was getting a lot of servo noise & it decreased when i raised the gain. I m ready for a flight longer than 30seconds. If any more crazy flukes come flying out of this hk i ll probably move everything back onto my b400, & slowly replace all the hk parts with align or tarot
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in