Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Out of sheer frustration I bought a brand-new 130x. Out of the box, it flew perfectly with the stock tail servo. I then installed a brand-new DS35 and it started wagging like crazy. I Tried adjusting the tail gains and the position on the servo horn. Still no improvement. I know I should just use the stock servo, but now I'm on a mission to sort this out. Horizon Hobby said I could send them back to be evaluated. It seems odd that I would get 2 bad brand-new servos. Is there any other manufacturer that makes a comparable sub-micro servo that I could tr.y? Or any other suggestions? Thanks for all the help so far.
rwpielet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moved to the middle hole on the horn... (was on the inside)

I'm at +5 on gyro gain and the tail is locked in solid on full pitch pumps at 110% pitch travel adjust (HP08 and 10t pinion).

I had to reduce tail gain to -4 with the stock servo when I put the HP08 in and it never really felt locked in to me... this setup is WAY better

The feel of the tail is faster but smoother than with the stock servo.
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Meekrakkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpielet View Post
Out of sheer frustration I bought a brand-new 130x. Out of the box, it flew perfectly with the stock tail servo. I then installed a brand-new DS35 and it started wagging like crazy. I Tried adjusting the tail gains and the position on the servo horn. Still no improvement. I know I should just use the stock servo, but now I'm on a mission to sort this out. Horizon Hobby said I could send them back to be evaluated. It seems odd that I would get 2 bad brand-new servos. Is there any other manufacturer that makes a comparable sub-micro servo that I could tr.y? Or any other suggestions? Thanks for all the help so far.
Make sure your linkage is super free... the DS35 isn't as strong as the stock servo so any binding will show up more and cause problems.... here's my linkage

T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Old 04-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekrakkin View Post
Moved to the middle hole on the horn... (was on the inside)

I'm at +5 on gyro gain and the tail is locked in solid on full pitch pumps at 110% pitch travel adjust (HP08 and 10t pinion).

I had to reduce tail gain to -4 with the stock servo when I put the HP08 in and it never really felt locked in to me... this setup is WAY better

The feel of the tail is faster but smoother than with the stock servo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekrakkin View Post
Make sure your linkage is super free... the DS35 isn't as strong as the stock servo so any binding will show up more and cause problems.... here's my linkage
I just straightened out my pushrod to almost perfect (although I think the dampeners on the tail grips bind more than anything), changed my rudder gain to +5. Still on the inside hole on servo horn. Tail wag is almost non existant! It blows out on pitch pumps and may have a slight mini wag as it returns to center. Finally, now we're getting somewhere.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default tail wag with DS35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4R View Post
I just straightened out my pushrod to almost perfect (although I think the dampeners on the tail grips bind more than anything), changed my rudder gain to +5. Still on the inside hole on servo horn. Tail wag is almost non existant! It blows out on pitch pumps and may have a slight mini wag as it returns to center. Finally, now we're getting somewhere.

The inner most hole does not give enough travel to prevent the BO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you put the microheli tailblades on the new heli, or leave everything stock, but the servo?
dougiefresh94 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmisuraca View Post
The inner most hole does not give enough travel to prevent the BO.
Yep... middle hole is the best.

Also after I straightened out the pushrod I had to reduce gain to stock and it still wags just a touch on a fresh pack. Not enough to keep me from flying... just a nuisance.

I'll try -1 tomorrow and see how that goes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Last night I pulled the working rudder servo from bird number two. And what do you know bird number one flies like it's on rails.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Messed around with gain settings today...

Stock = slight wag
-1 = moderate wag that calmed down as the battery settled in
+1 = locked in no wag
+2 = locked in with very slight wag on severe pitch pumps

looks like +1 is my number
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I swapped the stock push rod with the extreme designs carbon push rod and it still wagged. I then tried amping up the rudder gain and the wagging stopped at +5. Seemed to hold through pitch pumps in my garage last night. There is a little wag but it's now tiny. Let's see how long it holds later today at the park.
tmsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weird. I just received a ds35 replacement from HH. My old ds35 stripped gears and I don't have replacement gears for it so put in the brand new ds35 and it starts wagging as well despite gain adjustments. This really sucks. I'm going to my lhs and get some ds35 servo gears and see how the old one works
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed a DS35 today. Using the small cross arm (the one with only one hole per arm), and +5 gain gives me just a tiny wag after hard pitch changes. I might need to go to +7 or so to get it perfect. The more I raise the gain, the tamer the wag. I just need to play around with it a bit more to get it perfect.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, I can't get rid of it. Anything - in gain gives bad wag. At +8 it is perfect, but once I give a decent amount of pitch, it wags, and +9 and +10 give it wag all the time. Then while testing, my B gear flew off in flight. Another $12 down the drain.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: tail wag with DS35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
So, I can't get rid of it. Anything - in gain gives bad wag. At +8 it is perfect, but once I give a decent amount of pitch, it wags, and +9 and +10 give it wag all the time. Then while testing, my B gear flew off in flight. Another $12 down the drain.
Same here.

Tried a 3rd new one today, straight from horizon. It was worse than the one that came in last week.
I'm going to drill some more holes in the servo arms for the pushrod and see what happens. If that doesn't work I give up.

Has anyone asked horizon why they made a running change with these?

Tapatalk 2
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bet these new servos are just too slow with the low voltage. I bet if you can supply 4.8v the thing would be fine.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet, more money down the drain thanks to Horizon. Maybe those Hitec servos announced around the time of the MH rotary frame will actually work...
nicholask1993 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. The good news is that with the DS35s, for the first time in months I've been able to put my whole battery bag through my 130X without crashing due to tail blow outs or other tail related problems. The bad news is that there's always wagging, and the required gain to cancel the wag is very sensitive. Changing tail blades will probably require adjusting the gain, for example. Maybe even wear on the gears too.

Right now I've settled at +3 gain. Using DS35 with th Extreme carbon push rod, and stock plastic pitch lever and slider, lynx blades all around, and red o-rings everywhere.

Tail wags very slightly on hover, a little more after pitch pumps, and can get into a noticeable wag when in FFF. But, the tail simply wil not blow out as much as I try, so I am always in control. As a result I've flown about 15 batteries in a row without a single crahs for the first time this year.

I'm frustrated at these servos but at the same time I'm really happy I'm able to fly at all.
tmsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
Ok. The good news is that with the DS35s, for the first time in months I've been able to put my whole battery bag through my 130X without crashing due to tail blow outs or other tail related problems. The bad news is that there's always wagging, and the required gain to cancel the wag is very sensitive. Changing tail blades will probably require adjusting the gain, for example. Maybe even wear on the gears too.

Right now I've settled at +3 gain. Using DS35 with th Extreme carbon push rod, and stock plastic pitch lever and slider, lynx blades all around, and red o-rings everywhere.

Tail wags very slightly on hover, a little more after pitch pumps, and can get into a noticeable wag when in FFF. But, the tail simply wil not blow out as much as I try, so I am always in control. As a result I've flown about 15 batteries in a row without a single crahs for the first time this year.

I'm frustrated at these servos but at the same time I'm really happy I'm able to fly at all.
Clean your stock tail servo. I bet the blow outs will stop.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Similar story here. Got DS35 finally, installed with micro heli brace and pigtail. Tail wags like crazy. Gain up, gain down.....same wag! Noticed some binding between main gear and motor pinion. Replaced main gear at LHS advice and noted not a good mesh between them so asymmetrically shimmed main motor on mount to move closer to main gear. Not perfect but much better. Still tail wag! Put crappy old tail servo....voilà, wag gone. I have residual left yaw at center stick that I can center with 3 clicks of trim on my DX6. Now what do I do? This thing will drive me to the poor nut house!
Gonzohf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anybody have the new version of the DS35 that works right? I have the old version and it is great. I would like to be able to replace it someday when it wears out.
Hydros27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in