Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Force Combo Battle Pack

Just curious if anyone else took advantage of Horizon's sale on these? My LHS wasn't even aware of the deal, until I went and had them order one. They ended up ordering a few more sets after ours came in.

We got this set for my son for Christmas, and, I must say, I'm impressed. Horizon has had them on sale for 99.99, for both RTF helis, and a slew of extra parts, including blades, and full canopies. Upon opening them yesterday morning, my suspicions were confirmed. These are nothing more than mCX2's, without lights, with infrared cannons, and different bodies. All mechanical replacement parts, are listed as mCX2 parts. And, they work as advertised, until the wife starts going crazy with the TV remote. She actually took both my son and my self down at once with the remote They have proven to be very durable, even surviving a couple of mid air collisions. My son had trouble learning to fly the little Scout CX, but, had no problems learning to fly these little 4 channel units, and, in no time, was giving me some serious competition. The cannon beam, in our home, has a range of at least 20 feet, and is actually a pretty narrow beam which makes it somewhat challenging. According to the instructions, the range can be adjusted, and for more helis, you can even specify teams.

So, at the current price of 99.99, you basically get TWO mCX2 RTF's, plus all the replacement goodies, and a ton of fun!

David
astrowolf67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow..... what a deal.

I just bought to MCXs for a lot more than that....
pakk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrowolf67 View Post
Just curious if anyone else took advantage of Horizon's sale on these? My LHS wasn't even aware of the deal, until I went and had them order one. They ended up ordering a few more sets after ours came in.

We got this set for my son for Christmas, and, I must say, I'm impressed. Horizon has had them on sale for 99.99, for both RTF helis, and a slew of extra parts, including blades, and full canopies. Upon opening them yesterday morning, my suspicions were confirmed. These are nothing more than mCX2's, without lights, with infrared cannons, and different bodies. All mechanical replacement parts, are listed as mCX2 parts. And, they work as advertised, until the wife starts going crazy with the TV remote. She actually took both my son and my self down at once with the remote They have proven to be very durable, even surviving a couple of mid air collisions. My son had trouble learning to fly the little Scout CX, but, had no problems learning to fly these little 4 channel units, and, in no time, was giving me some serious competition. The cannon beam, in our home, has a range of at least 20 feet, and is actually a pretty narrow beam which makes it somewhat challenging. According to the instructions, the range can be adjusted, and for more helis, you can even specify teams.

So, at the current price of 99.99, you basically get TWO mCX2 RTF's, plus all the replacement goodies, and a ton of fun!

David
They aren't exactly mcx2s. The frames and skids are totally different as well as the 5n1.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

picked up one for my son and one for my womans family... awesome little choppers and fly pretty much exactly the same as the mcx that my son already has.
richdash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
They aren't exactly mcx2s. The frames and skids are totally different as well as the 5n1.
I've heard they are like the mcx which is kinda disappointing because the force heli's are so S. L. O. W. I would hope the mcx2 is much faster.

Will the mcx or mcx2 c/f tail shaft work with the force rc?
SierraHotel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I switched the one I use to the advanced setting on the swash plate, and, it made a pretty big difference. As for the tail, there is a square hole in the rear of the frame, so, I would assume one of the tails would fit. You might have to add a weight to balance it though.

David
Old 12-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraHotel View Post
I've heard they are like the mcx which is kinda disappointing because the force heli's are so S. L. O. W. I would hope the mcx2 is much faster.

The mcx2 is alot faster...especially when you put the links on the longer balls on the swash.
The Force helis are slow, so you can line up and shoot at each other. Wish I still had mine. Best 4 channel coax I ever had.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input fellows!

Just for kicks I flew it around without the tail section tonight, hilarious fun!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraHotel View Post

Yes they will.
Timeetyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

just curious but what parts has everyone broken on these? So far I'm up to a landing gear, a frame (trying to remove piece of landing gear from inside frame) and an inner shaft ( I believe as it has a really bad toilet bowl effect.) ordered 3 new frames, two landing gear and 2 inner shafts. Also have hole in tail section from mid air collision with other heli. any advice on keeping the crack from spreading?
K.peters is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

almost forgot. And one motor. Turns out if you plan on using your heli as a Christmas tree orniment its better to hang it by a string with the battery pulled out. Not by ramming into it at full tilt, panic and try to pull full reverse out of it to really get it bound up. Not that I would know about these things, just trying to save everyone a few motors. :-)
Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.peters View Post
almost forgot. And one motor. Turns out if you plan on using your heli as a Christmas tree orniment its better to hang it by a string with the battery pulled out. Not by ramming into it at full tilt, panic and try to pull full reverse out of it to really get it bound up. Not that I would know about these things, just trying to save everyone a few motors. :-)
LOL, I was flying mine at my inlaws and had taken quite a bit of medication that day and yeah heli met the Christmas tree. No damage.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Umm, yea, guilty of hitting the tree a few times here also. As for the tear in the canopy, a piece of good clear packing tape should patch it up pretty easy, and prevent the tear from spreading. One of ours has a tear in the nose of the canopy from a mid air collision. It was in a spot that allowed me to be able to patch it from the inside with tape. We love these little helis, and, fear of defeat taught my 11 yr old son how to fly four channel control very quickly

David
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've actually stocked up on frames and landing skids. not sure if just the combo pack was discontinued or if it was parts and all. Got 2 frames from heliproz.com (all they had left) and 3 skids from lhs (all he had). Seems everyone else wants an arm and a leg for the ones they have left. it would really be to bad if they discontinued it all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in