Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My T-rex500 AH-1 Cobra wobbly anti-rotational or main gear? (video)

Hey guys,

I own quite a few T-Rex 500's. Although I have never flown a single one, I'm doing a lot of checking before my maiden flights. I've been flying my MCPX and T-Rex 250 mostly. I just got into the T-rex 250 a couple weeks ago and that was my first real flight on a larger heli. The 250 already scares the bejesus out of me. I'm sure the T-rex 500 will make me crap my pants, even more so with the size of the AH-1 scale body.

Anyways, my specs are Align 70amp ESC/BEC, 500MX motor, 12T pinion. All the parts are original align aside from the servos which are Futaba. I was wondering if the main gear or anti-rotational gear is a problem. It doesn't look straight but it's still contacting the tail case and main motor gears just fine. At low RPM's it seems to be quite noisy. Once spooled up, it doesn't seem to make any difference. Everything looks and sounds ok at higher RPM's. I just want to make sure everything seems normal or that this slightly wobbly gear is ok?

Please take a look at the video I uploaded and let me know.

Also, since this is a rather expensive build and I really don't want to crash, I'm also concerned about ESC brownouts. I obviously won't be doing any 3D or sport flying, purely light Scale flying. However, heat is a concern for me. The ESC that I had on this was the 70amp Align w/ built in ESC. I also have a 75amp w/ a CC 10 amp external BEC or I can also use a CC Phoenix ICE 75amp ESC w/ build in BEC. Will the stock 70amp align unit suffice or should I use one of the other ones? Everything is prewired so pulling the chassis back out of the scale body is a major PITA. I'd rather not do it, so I'm hoping the 70amp ESC is enough.

Thanks.

Align T-Rex 500 AH-1 Cobra wobbly gear? (1 min 41 sec)
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Damn, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry guys. If someone could move this thread for me or delete it?

thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in