Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #421 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
That's not been my experience at all with skookum! I did have a email that took a while for a answer and plenty that were answered very quickly. As for product releases they are well within their rights as a business too take as long as they like to get the product right.

I find your comments a little harsh too, I own a furniture design and manufacturing company and can sympathise with what skookum as a small business are doing, it's very very hard work trying to keep 100% of customers happy 100% of the time, and most of the time efforts go completely over some people's heads !

How long did it take spartan once info about the vx1 leaked out? How many people bitched about the lack of info regarding release date?

I for one will be flying skookum products on my helis , could I care less about when its released? No, it will be ready when its ready.

Peace out
I have to agree, the customer support at Skookum is great! But there is more than customer support when it comes to a company. I also agree that it is near impossible for a company to keep 100% of their customers, 100% happy! I agree once again that there are plenty of other companies out there, that never met any dead lines or make false promises. But this is not about other companies, this is about Skookum.

I am from Germany and I am pretty sure that over there, what Skookum did, would be considered false advertising?! Seriously, the whole GPS thing is a joke! BTW, I am not the only one that thinks, they played the GPS card from day one, to lure customers in! At the end of the day, each of us has to decide for them selfs! If you are happy with them, keep buying their products. That simple.

G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #422 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeback View Post
I don't mind waiting for the more advanced features. Doesn't seem it's been that long a wait to me.
I bought my SK's over two and a half years ago, because of SL and because I was under the impression the GPS is coming out pretty soon. If you were "waiting" this long, I am sure you would feel differently!

Quote:
...especially when you're trying to keep the costs reasonable....which they also do a good job of IMO.
Your opinion has nothing to do with reality though! There are plenty of people out there, that feel the same way I do. The GPS is way overpriced! Guess what?! I still bought one because I am curious to see what it can do! Once I played around with it, I will get rid of it and get something else! Does anyone care?! NO! Good!

G
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #423 (permalink)

I never thought the GPS would be available all that soon. Oh sure, some hoped it would have been available sooner, expecially Skookum I would imagine. I doubt they enjoy such long and costly development time. But, I would never buy something that didn't exist yet unless I had a firm commitment that it would be available when I wanted or needed it. Instead, I bought my 720's for the performance and features it had and they've met my expectations quite well. It seems to me the 720 was always marketed to be a high performance 3D capable system first with SL features second and GPS capability later. It just seem to me that they are moving right along on a rather clear and expedient path with priorities well in order. The thought of a GPS in the future will be a nice option when it is made available.
As for the cost, I would not have expected it to be less than a high end FBL controller. I might have wished it to be, but didn't really expect it as I understand the cost of development. Not a whole lot of other options either.
Feeback is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #424 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeback View Post
It seems to me the 720 was always marketed to be a high performance 3D capable system first with SL features second and GPS capability later.
This is actually a good way of looking at it and I agree. However, what I totally disagree with is the talk about the development, how long and hard it is, blah blah blah. Did you ever develop something like the SK?! I didn't. So how do we both know how hard it is?! I dont but I can take an educated guess, based on what other companies do. Take a look at this guy right here:

http://store.diydrones.com/APM_2_5_A...r-apmpwrkt.htm

Do you see what this thing can do?! Do you see the price?! This thing cost about a tenth of what companies like DJI charge and about a 5th of what SK charges! From the looks of it, it seems to have the most advanced sensors as well! And that is for the Multicopter stuff, not to mention the Helicopter stuff that is over 10 grand!

I am the first to admit that I am no expert in this, so if someone wants to tell me that SK is using sensors and such, others have never heard of, go right ahead! I will believe you! The system I pointed out does not do hardcore 3D. Maybe that is where the last 1% of development goes and thats where all the money goes?! I have no idea, but once again, I am taking an educated guess here.

Look, at the end of the day, they can charge whatever they want! It is none of my business to tell them what to charge and I am actually not doing it! This is a forum and a place where people have a chance to voice their opinion, and thats what I do! Thats all! Like I said before, I bought one because I can afford it and I am curious! Once others come out with the same or similar systems, I am gonna get rid of my SK stuff and walk away.... and no one cares, lol.

peace!

G
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #425 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me it seems like a "one man show". One developer who just spends some half days per week.
And I think they stopped developing the SK720 BE cause they where not able to finish it. Not cause they want to finish the GPS first. Finishing the GPS first to sell a product which is useless for every new customer who has no SK720 and not selling the SK720?
amasingh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #426 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasingh View Post
For me it seems like a "one man show". One developer who just spends some half days per week.
And I think they stopped developing the SK720 BE cause they where not able to finish it. Not cause they want to finish the GPS first. Finishing the GPS first to sell a product which is useless for every new customer who has no SK720 and not selling the SK720?
Good points.

Sent from my C64 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #427 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think GPS is more profitable sales and safer for them,already have thousands of SK720 units sold and most owners will want GPS,like me.
flydoc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #428 (permalink)
Registered Users

No matter how I read this I can't make sense off it?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #429 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for sharing...

Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
=] you will!

BBC2 now James May this is good!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #431 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post

???
Old 12-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #432 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] you will!

Brilliant tv.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #433 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Thanks for sharing...

Read the post, care to translate or de code it?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #434 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Brilliant tv.
I see. You were trying to say, that there is a show on right now, on channel BBC2, showing James May!
Why don't you say so, ha ha.

G
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #435 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
I see. You were trying to say, that there is a show on right now, on channel BBC2, showing James May!
Why don't you say so, ha ha.

G
Yep, all about a model glider ( I fly gliders too ) being flown by GPS for over 22 miles
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #436 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I have said before, happy for them to take a bit longer than have this happen with the released version.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=28

Still not 100% conclusive that the unit caused the problem as there is no logging available, but I haven't found anything else that would cause the issue yet.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #437 (permalink)

=] Dennis-Wow! logging is essential here. hope you find the issue?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #438 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW today's the day I wonder if the postal service is going to be overrun with goodie parcels??????

Happy New Year to all out there both the fans and the doubters
oldie1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #439 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie1 View Post
WOW today's the day I wonder if the postal service is going to be overrun with goodie parcels??????

Happy New Year to all out there both the fans and the doubters
Didn't they say they are going to ship on the first!? Which I never got!? Why wait till the next year if it is ready!? Maybe for the books, who knows.

G

Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #440 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ship what? The GPS?
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in