Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Latest firmware

Could someone tell me where I could download the latest firmware version for the TG. Thanks
band is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The very latest firmware is still a beta version and is not yet available for download from CYE's website. I had it installed on mine when I sent it in recently for a DSMX update, but if you contact CYE and ask them, they should be able to email you the file.
j bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://curtisyoungblood.com//TotalGS...pectacular.php
You must be running v2.00 interface software in order to install the current release.
While running v2.0 you can Bootload the current release for both the flight control and Gyro.

Any more questions please ask.
mystar60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have the 2.0 interface. My TG firmware version is V2 fc11_0
Is there a newer one available?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe that is the latest.
Are you having any problems with the current version?
mystar60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by j bomb View Post
The very latest firmware is still a beta version and is not yet available for download from CYE's website. I had it installed on mine when I sent it in recently for a DSMX update, but if you contact CYE and ask them, they should be able to email you the file.
What's the process for getting the DSMX update?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll need to send it in for a program update. Otherwise, it will work but be in DSM2 mode.

Don C
Sky Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have whatever was the second version released after the Total G first came out. I am a big fan of Vbars and have several, I also really like the BeastX but sold that heli. The Total G is still in my Rave ENV 90 but whenever I fly it, which is often, I notice it is "loose" around center, I mean that when I release control inputs it hunts a bit for neutral, it doesn't just stop but bounces around a bit. I have posted on this in the past and never could dial it out so I just live with it. But I would like to know if the latest firmware upgrade has corrected this behavior? If I upgrade to the latest version what difference would I notice? Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Dancer View Post
You'll need to send it in for a program update. Otherwise, it will work but be in DSM2 mode.

Don C
Is it backward compatible with DSM2 sats?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'f you're asking if the Total G will work with either DSM2 or DSMX systems after the update, the answer is yes.

Don C
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi husafreak,

I've not seen any "loose around center" condition on my Total G's. Please further explain the bouncing you mentioned.

Does this happen during certain maneuvers or every time you release the stick?

A little info about your setup could be helpful (servos / are they new or old?) (receiver battery?) (Flight Control Gain setting?).

I'd also update the firmware if you haven't....

Don C
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Increase the FC gain a couple of points at a time and see if the feel changes.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR8717 and LiFe 3000 mAh 2s unregulated, gain is in the 50's can't remember without plugging in. I'll do the latest update, I played with the gain a lot when it it was new, never really cured it. Loose, lively, sensitive to very small inputs, don't know how to describe it excactly but thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

So here is where I am at with my TG setup, I haven't messed with it in a while and I haven't been keeping up with any new developments so... I have my TG pretty much hard mounted, just the thin foam tape it came with. I have V2.00 on the laptop and V fc11_0 on the unit. FC gain is controlled via Aux 3 in Decay mode FC is set at 50 (68 in Tx) and I just bumped it to 52 (72 in Tx) as per MarshallB recommendation. Advanced settings are all back to defaults Stops at 33, flip & roll mixes at 0, expo at 30, travel Ail 30, collective 40 Elevator 30. You know, it flies well but when I see the heli wobbling a bit I always wonder if it can be programmed better. I have studied CY's videos and the heli does not have any big problems. Thanks guys.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
JR8717 and LiFe 3000 mAh 2s unregulated, gain is in the 50's can't remember without plugging in. I'll do the latest update, I played with the gain a lot when it it was new, never really cured it. Loose, lively, sensitive to very small inputs, don't know how to describe it excactly but thanks!

What blades are you using? This will greatly affect the way the heli acts if they are not FBL they will be aggressive and fast.

As far as the loose you can try to decrees the expo in half and see how that feels then add or take away as needed.

if that don’t work then adjust the roll speeds this will make it faster or slower around center only higher is faster and lower is slower

These two things will affect around center stick only not how fast the heli rolls

I just took my 450 and took the expo out of the unit and that seems to help I had expo in the radio and in the unit if you have the same maybe where that feeling is coming from
Tommy Wagner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default latest firmware

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I had to figure some things out. Curtis sent me, via e-mail, the latest version of TG firmware which is fc11_3c7...it's a beta version yet.
It's a Hex file and I had to figure out how to open it. Turns out it opens through the TG. Anyway that is the latest version in testing, you have to contact Curtis directly for the file. Actually I'm not positive he would want me to post it...but I hope so.

To answer your question, yes, it isn't flying as well as my VB's. However, it's been a while since I did any tuning on it and I have not tested this latest firmware yet.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Radix FBL 710 blades. I just checked and I'll be damned I had expo in the 11X radio as well as in the TG! That is definitely left over from my original setup when I was new to the whole FBL thing. So I took the expo out of the radio but still have 30 in the TG. Do you guys recommend using the radio for expo or the TG for expo? 30 in the TG seems kind of high to me for a transmitter setting but may be fine in the TG. Let us know how the new software works. Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the detailed instructions for the TG, Curtis recommends NOT to take out the Expo from the unit, It is to help stop drifting around midstick due to the sticks not always centering perfectly I guess.
Silverlyx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Simple question then, what is the latest available update? From the CY Enterprises Total G resource page. And is it any improvement over fc11_0.
Next, I went back and reread the manual, and thanks you are correct Curtis recommends leaving expo in the Total G and the default setting. He says it is not the same as expo in the radio. Have you guys found the default 30 to be the best setting? And I will play with expo in the radio next time I fly.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up firmware upgrade 3c7

Got a chance to fly the new firmware today. Yes, it is a lot better. It holds a better line when doing tic tocs etc. Kind of hard to explain but it is definitely a lot nicer to fly. Very nice upgrade!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in