Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Xp-12a with hp05s problems

So I'm trying to build my first soldered brushless build and get away from pnp builds. Problem is that as I add throttle it cuts out and goes into a mode where it's 30 to 50% power and I can't stop it unless I unplug the battery. If I remove blades it will do fine about 80% of the time and 20% of the time it has the same problem. As soon as I put the blades back on it gets worse again. I checked my solder joints multiple times under magnifying glass and resoldered. I'm using thunder power 240mah and common sense rc 300mah batteries.
My setup:
Aeolian xp-12a
Oversky hp05s
Aeo converter
V1 board
All soldered no plugs
Esc settings:
Lvc 3.1v
Timing 2
Throttle curve 1
Fast start
Brake off
Using program card
Using radio shack brand silver bearing solder.
GBhelix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why are you using a XP12A with a HP05 motor?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re

Using xp-12 cause I wanted to see how well hp05 worked then considering governed 915 for my other builds. I thought that this esc was exactly like xp-7 just heavier. Is this esc problematic with hp05?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBhelix View Post
Using xp-12 cause I wanted to see how well hp05 worked then considering governed 915 for my other builds. I thought that this esc was exactly like xp-7 just heavier. Is this esc problematic with hp05?
It shouldn't be.

Two thoughts, one more likely than the other...

1. Timing. Try other settings. Although since it continues to run even after you cut the throttle, I'm leaning toward thought number 2.

2. Throttle signal. Since it continues to run after throttle is reduced to zero, and is having a hard time determining correct throttle position, I think you have a signal problem. How do you have the signal wires run?

Option: Buy a tool stick, and flash the xp12a with BLHeli. That way you can completely eliminate having a convertor all together.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re

Signal wire is soldered to resistor on back. Like I said though it runs alot better with no blades installed so I assumed signal was not the issue. I removed it as well and resoldered and looks pretty good but I'll try again maybe with better wire than what comes stock on the converter. I'm getting the tool stick as well but was trying to get this bird in the air with this stuff since I already bought it.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me ask a stupid question. Are the main blades spinning the correct way? I had some funky things going on with a conversion I did a while back. It would shut down, 3-n-1 would dim, all kinds of weird stuff. Ended up, I had the motor spinning the wrong way. I was sure is had it right the first time.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Let me ask a stupid question. Are the main blades spinning the correct way? I had some funky things going on with a conversion I did a while back. It would shut down, 3-n-1 would dim, all kinds of weird stuff. Ended up, I had the motor spinning the wrong way. I was sure is had it right the first time.
wait, so you say your 3in1 dims because of a brushless motor spinning backwards? FWIW, you just saved me a lot of work, I had my motor spinning backwards and the 3in1 dimming, I was about to redo all the soldering. So you solved by letting it spin in the right direction ?
tommeke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommeke View Post
wait, so you say your 3in1 dims because of a brushless motor spinning backwards? FWIW, you just saved me a lot of work, I had my motor spinning backwards and the 3in1 dimming, I was about to redo all the soldering. So you solved by letting it spin in the right direction ?
Yea, it usually works better that way.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Yea, it usually works better that way.
hehe, luckily I saw this here, otherwise 2 hours of work would be wasted
tommeke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re

Well the motor was turning the right direction but the signal still had me stumped.
I removed all wiring from aeo converter and off came the signal pad on it. So it was obviously the converter not giving a strong enough signal. Guess I'm getting the tool stick to flash this thing and go with no converter, sucks that I can't make it work for now it's going to be nice out tomarrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in