Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

NICE!! I can't wait to see more from you - you were my inspiration for starting my Trex450 FPV and HK600GT builds.

Thanx for registering on FPVLAB - and I'll start a thread over there soon on my 450. This way you can correct all of my mistakes - haha.

Sentry
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers Sentry and the site looks good.
Regards Liam
l14m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

what did you use to put your osd in? i used a project box from radio shack for my 500 but havent found one that small for my 450
Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's just a small plastic cabinet box from Maplins in the UK £1.99
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok .thanks ill try to look it up.Ive been waiting almost a week for my landing gear from crash9. I dont understand .If you read his message before you buy it says in stock items will ship the next buisness day.and i buy alot of stuff through paypal so? anyway it took almost a mnth to get my tricopter frame from him.So with all that sayn i plan on taken the stuff off my 500 and putn on my 450 just to playn around with.Maybe I wont be as nervous of recking.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crash9 is normally great for delivery so I guess it's the postage services. As for switching your gear over to the 450, just put plent of expo in and you will be fine.
Liam
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

well he wont even email me back.But i need alot of patience i guess,Its just that I dont get alot of time to mess with my hobby and i like to be able to plan.most places i buy from and pay for priority mail .you get a tracking #. what kind of radio do you use?
Old 04-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a 9c with a Thomas Sheerer UHF long range system attached which is good for around 10-20 k.
Liam
Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using a Long Range RX too? How are you mounting those antennas? I've got a standard range TS RX and that antenna is great! I figured I'd rather slap on a 7W booster instead of messing around with those two huge antennas on the Long Range RX. I know diversity is a really good idea, but I just can't be bothered trying to arrange all of the stuff on a little bird ya know?
pr0ject42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running the short range antenna as well. I have friends who have had more trouble with string the long range antennas up and I only need a max range of 2 miles.
Regards Liam
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well love flyn my 450 fpv style. But today it got the shakes and crashed while I had my goggles on. Got it rebuilt and replaced feathering shaft and main shaft. Checked the young blood dampners and oiled it all. Heli flies good with some old blades but still have real bad tiny vibes in the new fpv landing gear and tail boom strutts. It was dark but that is what I seen. This is a copterx 450 and wondering if anyone has had this vibes before and what you done to fix them. Take in mind that the whole Heli isn't shaking but it's like you are touching a Dremel to the landing gear and struts . I haven't replaced the tail rotor blades and the main blades are used. Also this Heli after I built it had the shakes like this always causing the screws in the struts to shake out. Heli actualy flew smooth but it has always acted like I had a drimel hitch hiken a ride. Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did it track when you put the main blades back on? Also have you changed the main shaft. If I have any crashes now I simply swap out the main shat and feathering shaft for precautions and always check for tightness of the tail belt.
Liam
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replaced main shaft and feathering shaft. Blades don't track to good but with the other blades tracking still had the vibes. Prob a combo of things. Got new blades ordered
Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never bothered to balance blades but I did have a pair of Align 325 c/f blades once that wouldn't track and gave me really bad vibrations. I then tried to balance them and they were way out so just chucked them away. Hope you can track down what's causing your vibes.
Liam
Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks man.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

well replaced main shaft,feathering shaft,new blades and even put a new tail assembley on. still not good. The heli flew fine until i put the landing gear on. My thoughts= the extended landing gear i bought is flimsy not like the bigger landing gear i got for my 500,just wondering if it shakeing is causing the whole heli to act up? just flew good before.I dont know? any thoughts?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

It could be high frequency vibes which maybe only visible with your extended landing gear.

I met up with a couple of friends yesterday and had my first proper flight of the year. Took off under goggles and it was so much easier. Flew out to about 700 meters and Rc link was blipping up and down between 99 and 85 so as it was my first flight this year I turned back and did some circuits. I was amazed that she was only pulling 13-14 amps in fff at about 25-35 mph and in a 5 min flight only burned 1000mah from a 4s 2450 lipo, so loads of juice left. Before I took off I had made my mind up to land under the goggles for the first time lols. I came into my approach with a slow forward hover and at 4 foot up hit the throttle hold and gave a slight amount of positive pitch and nearly landed on the Tarmac but just went over to one side by a foot or two and landed upright but in some long grass. No damage and am now fully buzzed up again Lols. Biggest let down after doing all my set up carefully and chatting with friends was that I didnt hit record on my dvr. Oh well at least I live to fly another day.
Regards Liam
Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rebuilt twice yesterday after two bad crashes. Good thing finaly fixed vibes. Two bad things blades balancing and tail rotor shaft bent. Smooth now
Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well at least you've got it sorted now.
Liam
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long awaited vid, although only short its a taster for the comming weeks. Second time take off and landing under goggles need a little more practise on the landings. As you can see I have zero vibrations in my picture and the only drop outs were when I flew dirrectly above myself. Next project is to build a better support for the Tlrs nr antenna so it doesnt blow about in the downwash, I believe its giving me fluctuations in my signal but I'll soon have that fixed.
[ame]http://vimeo.com/22208857[/ame]
Regards Liam

Tags
trex 450 fpv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in