Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fury 55 Breakaway tabs for canopy

Does anyone have a photo of the Fury 55 with the breakaway tabs for the canopy installed on their heli. I would like some photos to see how these were installed. I see where you would bolt the canopy mount on one end, but do you use a bolt and nut on the other end, then drill a hole in the frame for the clearance for bolt head to set into? hope someone can help out... Finless Bob should make a video on this.
obewan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't use any kind of breakaway tab. What I do, is mount the canopy standoffs with M3 nylon screws. I haven't crashed the machine yet, but I'm sure they will function as planned when I do. They have not failed in flight...122 flights.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Are you useing hexhead m3 bolts. I tried to find some, no luck. where did you get them?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

My Fury 55 did not have these. I see the new Fury6 electric does. Does the new Fury 55 nitro kit now have these?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Bob, They added these after the original build. these are to protect the frames from breaking in a crash... the part number for the tabs are MA 129 -37. I am wondering the correct way to install these.. it looks like that I install the canopy mounts at one end of the Break away tab, then enlarge the hole in the frame that was the original canopy mount. for the head of the bolt that the canopy mount is now bolted to. this allows the bolt head to set into the frame. then I need to drill another hole into the frame for the bolt itself to go through then put a self locking nut on the back side... I was wondering IF this is the correct way to install these???
There is also a add on Carbon Fiber Base Plate that mounts to the bottom of the heli also to Help out on the fames in the event of a crash. the part number for this is MA 128 - 15... please let me know if you think this is the correct way to install these breakaway mounts..
Old 11-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Obewan,

No I couldn't find hex head m3 screws so I settled for Philips head screws. They are more than satisfactory. I think I found the screws on Amazon.com.

It looks like there will have to be some frame modification made to the Fury 55 to accommodate the breakaway tabs like you mentioned in you post. It looks like you would enlarge the original mounting hole, mount the standoff to the tab, then drill another hole to mount the tab to the frame. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Another Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The break-away tabs are for the Furion 6, the Fury 55 was not designed for them. It IS possible to use them on the Fury 55, but some modifications to the frame is required. We will gladly perform the modification for you free of charge, but you'll have to send your frames in to us. The Fury 55 will start coming with the provision for the break away tabs, likely next year.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have the break away tabs been incorporated yet?
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
Have the break away tabs been incorporated yet?
Due to the winter season being upon us, and slowing everything down, Our Distributor's stock of Fury 55 kits has not been depleted, so we havent started a new batch of kits. My offer to modify your frames for no charge still stands, and will always stand.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If MA is willing to modfiy the frames for the break aways, will this include the break away tabs as well?
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
If MA is willing to modfiy the frames for the break aways, will this include the break away tabs as well?
Yes. If you send us your non-break away style frames, we will modify them and return them with the tabs at no charge.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to take you up on this MA offer, as I just purchase a Fury 55 FBL kit and have on started the build due to waiting for the Futaba CGY-750 unit.
Sir please state the info needed to send the frames in for this mode and nay shipping cost.

Thanks
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem, just send them to:

Miniature Aircraft USA
2885 Farley Lane
Billings, Mt 59101

Include your phone number, and the address you want us to send them to.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info, I will mail out the frames on Tuesday. What is the turn around time for this mode ?. I will also enclose the return shippping cost back to me, ( I will use the same cost to ship to you). I will also enclude $19.00 for the new gyro mount.

Question is there some new bottom plate that mounts under the fuel tank for the Fury 55 ?, selling for 19.99. If so please list the part number for purchase.

Thanks
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem we'll get you taken care of.

Fury 55 base plate MA128-15:
http://miniatureaircraftusa.com/inde...mart&Itemid=82

remember, it is better to email me brian.james@miniatureaircraftusa.com than to post on this forum. Sometimes I miss posts!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in