Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default titan x50e questions for a new owner

Just ordered my kit and will be here between mon-wed next week. Planning on going with an 8S setup as I already have some 4s batts I use on planes. Got a question on the motor/pinion combo to use. What is the most desirable kv motor for this bird on an 8s setup. Also, how would I figure out what pinion I need to get once I determine what KV I need. 2nd question is, I despise torque tubes but that was the only option. Could I buy the parts from the x50 belt and put it in this bird, or will it not work. Thanks for the help
stingeragent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No one knows I guess. Either way will post a build thread once I get it. Just checked the tracking and will be here monday. Haven't ordered the electronics yet besides servos but I'll post the frame build. Gonna go with the ice 100 and either a turnigy t600 1000kv or the turnigy t600 880 kv
Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want to make it a belt, that should not be an issue at all since the tail is even transferrable from the old Raptor 50s. I am going to run a 10s setup and am still a beginner myself with the electric stuff. But I know you can find the formulas online to go backwards from your desired headspeed to get which pinion and kV motor to use. The latest RC heli pilot magazine had a good article on that also. Sorry that noone else has been able to help you!
bluepilot2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The E can not be converted to belt as the tail boom is not a the right height to line up with the tail drive gear
Old 05-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats a bummer. Oh well. Just can't crash I guess. I just hate the amount of parts that need to be replaced if you accidentally touch the tail on the ground or if you crash. At least with belt its 90% of the time just the tail shaft you have to replace and sometimes not even that. My experience with TT is most of the time the front and rear gears strip and if you crash then the tube is definatelly going. I'm used to the align setup though on TT's. From what I've seen, it looks like you can replace just the gear instead of the gear and the shaft. Those are 1 solid piece on align birds
Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm taking it that not many people have this heli yet. There is hardly anything on it on the internet minus a few places that have it for sale.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is either not much people have them or they are out there flying their X50E and enjoying it.

Give it time and this X50E sub forum will gain momentum in the near future. I remember having the Gaui X5 early on when it was released. The X5 sub forum is a ghost town. just a few post and replies by the same people who have them. Now, a new thread of discussion pop ups and replies from new or old people are everyday posted. The X50 nitro has it's own share of good discussion also, but it was first released anyways.

I had mine delivered early this week. It is now a complete airframe without electronics installed yet. Check the thread about build tips and one post by fellow freak on what is the right measurement of the pinion when installed.

Just sold my 600efl pro and I want something new this year. I picked this X50E over other 600 class, plainly because of it's looks and it is torque tube (really prefer TT).

Hopefully, I will love flying this bird.

Enjoy your build!
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry for trying to pass on some bad info on the tail! I did not know they switched up the system for the E version!!! Glad I know that now also
bluepilot2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helicopter is now built minus electronics and all the stupid linkages. I miss direct to swash
Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragent View Post
Just ordered my kit and will be here between mon-wed next week. Planning on going with an 8S setup as I already have some 4s batts I use on planes. Got a question on the motor/pinion combo to use. What is the most desirable kv motor for this bird on an 8s setup. Also, how would I figure out what pinion I need to get once I determine what KV I need. 2nd question is, I despise torque tubes but that was the only option. Could I buy the parts from the x50 belt and put it in this bird, or will it not work. Thanks for the help
I run 8s on mine and use a Scorpion 4025-890 with the stock 15t pinion. I also use a CC ICE 100 and in set RPM my head speeds are Normal 2100 RPM Idle 1 2200 RPM and Idle 2 2300 RPM.
tomlog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

can't fly mine untill TT release a 13T pinion so I can run 12S. Kinda anoying, spent so much money and grounded for the sake of a pinion
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carlos. There is one...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBYDA&P=7
Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks Mine turned up at My LHS today.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wish my lhs carried stuff I need. They only have blade stuff and a tiny bit for the trex450. That and the occasional raptor 50 kit that was released like 15 years ago.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is gonna be my problem also if ever. There is one hobby shop that carry some TT parts here, but they are so far away and still not sure if they will have everything if ever I crash. Align and blade are the most common and well stocked products here.

My best source right now is going on line like Tower Hobbies. Good thing AMainHobbies now have the X50E in their product list. One more option to buy parts from. I also ordered from Infinity Hobbies, their prices are much lower and EMS shipping gets here within 4 days.

Anymore on-line that you can think of guys?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got servo grommets in mail today so I can get servos installed now. Still missing motor fbl and esc.

Does anyone know if the pinion gears for the fusion 50 can be used with the titan? I know they are both mod .8 so it should work in theory right?

Last edited by stingeragent; 06-10-2012 at 01:01 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in