Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hi lanman. I'm hoping to start a thread devoted to videos of folks progress into the hobby - I know a lot of the members here have good vids on the shelf collecting dust so let's see them

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianman View Post
Well, there isn't much point in posting a video just yet as my flights consist of the following:
1. Place the heli in the center of training space ready to fly
2. Get the rotors spinning to a point when the heli is light of the training gear
3. Ready on the right stick to correct
4. Tad more power - lift off
5. Power down because the heli has gone all over the place

Been there! You wonder how on earth people manage to fly these things, as they seem designed to do exactly the opposite of what you want, and when they do go the way you want them to, they do it in spades!

The key is practice, practice and more practice. Keep it light on the skids, but not airborne to start with and get used to guiding it around the floor. That left drift and the tail will be difficult to control; at low level the heli is at its most difficult to handle. It may seem daft for a beginner to try and fly it where it is most difficult, but crashes are kept to a minimum and its a case of "if you can fly it there, you can fly it almost anywhere".

Above all, don't get disheartened and enjoy it. It WILL come. That first 10 seconds controlled hover will live with you forever!

Once again, enjoy and keep posting with any questions or comments. The point of these forums is to help and open this hobby up to everyone, not just the elite few that it used to be!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Luke,

Yep I am keeping it mostly low. The only problem I have with my training gear is that the balls are made of stiff foam rubber and they don't slide too well. They came with the heli. I guess I could try using smooth tape on them or something. I did try and fly without the training gear but holy crap! Things started moving a lot faster all of the sudden

More practice tonight. Gonna film it too.
Ianman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know the problem. My training balls seemed to stick a bit. You end up giving it a bit more cyclic and the heli just tips more!

The tircik there is not to trying and get the heli to move more by giving it more cyclic input, but to make it a bit lighter by just a touch more power / lift. Easier said than done, I know, because you can suddenly find yourself 2ft in the air, when you wanted to be skating on the ground.

But the left / right / forward / back cyclic movements need to be VERY small and quick. Better to nudge the stick sofly 2 or 3 times, than to move it and hold it there, as if you have over controlled, you over control and hold it!

Like I said, practice until your thumbs bleed...it WILL happen!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
it WILL happen!
The hovering bit...not the thumbs bleeding...although mine did get sore....
Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,
Seems like this is now the place to bee for all things related to our beloved little heli. Took me a little while to get here but it's great to see so many well known names. Looking forward to reaquainting myself with everyone.

Steve.
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Ian. The thing to remember is, everytime you do something with the Bee, even if it's skidding around the floor with training gear, you are learning and improving. It may not seem it at times but your brain is taking it all in and adjusting itself. One day, you'll lift her up and get that 10 second amazing hover and you'll think you progressed to that as it happened but you didn't. All that practice at floor level laid the foundations for that hover. Never come away thinking you have gone backwards or you're not progressing. You are, you just don't know it yet. I spent months feeling I was destined to simply hover tail in. Then one day I was doing slow turns and short side in's. My tail in hovers paid off and my brain was trained for the next step. As Luke says, practice practice practice. It is a tall ladder to climb but every battery you fly is another step upwards trust me. This is one time I look forward to saying, "I told you so"

Good luck and we look forward to the vids.

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Steve and welcome to the Freak

Yes there are a few familiar faces around and some welcome new ones. Please let us know how you're getting on

Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Steve. Welcome aboard buddy

Cheers, OD.

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespana View Post
Hi Guys,
Seems like this is now the place to bee for all things related to our beloved little heli. Took me a little while to get here but it's great to see so many well known names. Looking forward to reaquainting myself with everyone.

Steve.
I am not the only ex pat here then
hogan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Slowly the group re-forms

Evening Hogan

Cheers, OD.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I definitely see improvement! I was able to maintain a very short hover a couple of times last night just before my first crash. Now I get to take it apart and even that will be experience I can learn from!
Ianman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to wave hello to everyone and it all looks jolly familiar over here , and with the Bugster to keep it all nice and tidy we can't go to far wrong.

Now do I get the fiver?

Mike.
Coburg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Coburg and welcome to the forum - great to see you here .

Seem to remember you were well advanced in the hobby and now into 450 size helis. Don't worry - we won't hold that against you - several of us also have 450s now.

Mine are HKH450s ( 3 kits bought and one asssembled and flying so far ) and wow they are ultra stable when compared with the frisky little HBFP.

We'd love to hear your experiences of them here so please feel free to post away

Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianman View Post
I definitely see improvement! I was able to maintain a very short hover a couple of times last night just before my first crash. Now I get to take it apart and even that will be experience I can learn from!
Nice progress lanman - well done. You will always remember those first hovers

And rebuilding is part of the learning curve

Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick wave to the arrivals in the last 24hrs!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's good to be back amongst so many fellow bee enthusiasts. I have to admit though that I've been neglecting the Bees of late and both are in a state of "needing further development" to make them flyable. Much of this is because on a recent 2 week holiday to dear old blighty I splashed out an outrageous sum on a Hirobo Quark and have been flying this heli daily ever since. But, all is not lost on the Bees as I have been working on them this afternoon ( too hot here to do anything else is my excuse to the GF ) and will have one of them back in the air tomorrow I hope.

Hi Hoge, you are not alone !!!

Steve.
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds good to me Ian. Can I say I told you so yet ???

Coburg, always knew you were cheap. I didn't send any praise to Bugster until I had a tenner in my hand Oh and welcome aboard buddy.

Cheers, OD.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys, been flying on and off for years first heli was a Micro Mold Lark no gyro not much flying but lots of repairing, great forum.
Dave
davidjw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi David and welcome to the lounge Pull up a seat and enjoy. So what heli's do you fly?

Cheers, OD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in