Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

if it's 7.4V then it is a 2 cell pack
marchambault is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewmh53 View Post
Thanks for the info. Because it is a 4 cell pack and says to charge as a 2 cell was a little confusing.

Thanks again!

uh...7.2 is a 2 cell pack
Sircrashalott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've ad my TP-610C for just over a month now and love it!!
But today the some parts of the display started to blank out on me. this was at the field so i was using the car battery. When I got home i hooked it up to my HP 20VDC 1000W power supply thinking it may have been the sorce voltge of the battery and i had the same problem.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

http://www.RaceTronicsFabricating.com
ljagger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TP610

Lyle
A fellow flyer at the field has had two, in the last month, w/ the exact same problem. It appears after of month or so, the LCD starts to have problems. We are trying to do some testing ourselves to determine if it has been something we have done to cause the display failures. The LHS has been great and replaced the first, but if the chgr has problems we are upgrading to the 1010. Did you have any luck w/ yours?

Daniel
Danorn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljagger View Post
I've ad my TP-610C for just over a month now and love it!!
But today the some parts of the display started to blank out on me. this was at the field so i was using the car battery. When I got home i hooked it up to my HP 20VDC 1000W power supply thinking it may have been the sorce voltge of the battery and i had the same problem.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
I was "just" looking for a post for this problem as I am experiencing the "exact" same issue with my TP-610C that I've owned for approximately 1 month. I'm wondering if I should send it back and upgrade to annother charger+balancer that will can be used for a Trex600 down the line if I ever get one.
schwarztrader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Blank (missing) characters on the display

I noticed this with my 610 when it was sitting in the sun using it as a field charger. When I put it back in the shade, the display came back. So, those of you having problems with the display blanking out, are you leaving it in the sun? I've noticed with other LCD items (clocks, etc.), they don't like exposure to direct sunlight.
AMA #35431
BikeNBoatN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

We have only been using ours in the shade outside or in the house. I did notice mine is a 5.4 version and buds is a 5.1. Don't know if that means anything relating to this issue or not. Since my last post, bud's second replacement is now doing it as well. Charging in the house, all digits are there and after approx. 10 mins digits start disappearing then gets so bad you can't see what's going on. We also have to shut it down at this point, as it appears to lock up.
Danorn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #48 (permalink)

My HF Map location

im confused.....does this charger balance while charging or do you let it stay on the charger after charging to balance.......

I have been taking mine off after charge is done thinking it was balanced too
Old 08-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ended up sending mine back to Thunder Power to get fixed.After about a week after they received it I called to find out what was going on whit it. They said they wouldn't be getting an in to replace mine for another 3-4 weeks. The Tech that I talked to afford to send me the one that he has been using as a test charger. I'm stuck with out a charger so I said that I would take it Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having the same problem. I would recommend waiting on sending yours back until they have some to replace it with. Mine was still working great except for the display problem.

http://www.RaceTronicsFabricating.com
ljagger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Mine works fine ...I left the pack on to balance after charge
Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a quick solution for making a power adapter so I can plug it in at home?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglewwit View Post
Is there a quick solution for making a power adapter so I can plug it in at home?
What size packs will you be charging at home? If you are using it at it's max rated capacity then your power supply needs to be at least 8 Amps (80 Watts + 15% heat loss = 92 Watts / 12 V = 8 Amps)

http://www.lightflightrc.com/HTML/pr...owerSupply.htm

That power supply would work fine. You could clip the charger's input aligator clips directly onto the power supply but that's probably not the safest route. Order some 4mm bullet connectors, cut off the aligator clips on the charger and solder / heat shrink the bullet connectors and you're set!

Or try these:

http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=359

Alternatively, you could cut the charger's power supply cable mid-way, place a Deans on each end and make a 4mm bullet connector to Deans adapter.

If you are charging smaller packs, your local auto parts store should have AC / DC power supplies designed for auto electric coolers, with a 12VDC cigarette lighter plug. Again, just make an adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009PGNT?...0&linkCode=asn

These usually provide 5-6 Amps (about 50 Watts of charging power).

Another option:

http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=86

If you want a good quality power supply, walk into any Amateur Radio dealer, expect to pay $130 or more for a true regulated switching power supply.
http://www.hamcity.com/detail.aspx?ID=1237 (that's what I use at home, good for several chargers at once)

The last option would be to use an abandoned PC power supply and convert it for 12VDC use. Note that depending on the PC power supply, you will have varying results. Usable output may be anywhere from 2 Amps to 10 Amps depending on the PS and your assembly. Instructions available here:

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.bat...owersupply.htm
Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot I appreciate the detail.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just found this - a great post. Thanks!
DirtDiver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes.. thanks.. read the whole post.. great info..

I still have a question that was asked and never answered:

when you charge the batteries, it balances the pack automatically? do you let it set after it's done to balance them or not?
10inja is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10inja View Post
when you charge the batteries, it balances the pack automatically? do you let it set after it's done to balance them or not?
Yes. I don't, My packs are always within 0.01 or better

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in