Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow incredible wiring job Matt!!!

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
Wow incredible wiring job Matt!!!

S
Much appreciated smaze. I've been watching your V2 BeastX build. Nice step by step build.
Matt Steele is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

OMG! It's a wireless heli!
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Steele View Post
Much appreciated smaze. I've been watching your V2 BeastX build. Nice step by step build.
Thanks Brotha

S
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for posting those, Matt! I'm in the middle of a 450 Pro 3gx build, myself, and that's a wiring job I'd love to mimic.
StrangerDejaVu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerDejaVu View Post
Thanks for posting those, Matt! I'm in the middle of a 450 Pro 3gx build, myself, and that's a wiring job I'd love to mimic.
I'm honored you think so! If I can help give you any suggestions, feel free to ask. I can take some better pics too if you would like more detailed pics of what I did. I was excited and quickly took those shots, (they appear a bit blurry and dark).

I took my time doing the electronics wiring, and wasn't afraid to take the heli apart to get the wiring right. I found myself doing some of the wiring one way, then I'd think about it and come back to it the next day to change it and improve it. It took a while, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Not perfect though by any means.

Thanks guys!
Matt Steele is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I can take some better pics too if you would like more detailed pics of what I did.
I would like to see the inside wiring with one of the side frames removed if that's possble. I know it's a pain so it's ok if you don't want to. Maybe you already have some pics taken earlier.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
I would like to see the inside wiring with one of the side frames removed if that's possble. I know it's a pain so it's ok if you don't want to. Maybe you already have some pics taken earlier.
I'm not about to remove all my tie wraps and pull the frame apart right after completing it, but I will try to give you the next best thing. Here's a wiring diagram of where I routed the primary wiring in the heli. It should be pretty self explanitory.

With the satellites, ESC servo wire, and the tail servo, you'll have an abundance of leftover wire you'll have to be crafty at tie wrapping and tucking into a safe spot. But the main servos wired the way I have them mounted to the 3GX in position 1 will give you a nice tight fit without much fuss. Just be sure to tie wrap the servo wire tightly against the inside of the frame as to give the most clearance from the rear gear in the tail. Take your time to position the servo wire so it lays flat against the CF.

Here you go, hope this is helpful...

Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt, that's quite understandable about removing a side frame after you've just completed the wiring. However, your diagram is exquisit and certainly gives the complete picture.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

No concern for interference/vibration by having the 3GX unit so close to the motor?
Miami Son is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt,

That looks similar to my wiring job that I got from watching Antonio from hobbypartz.com/xheli wiring video of an EXI 450 pro. I didnt follow him and run each front servo wire on the same side it is on, rather ran them all togeher with the ESC.

What are the "Satellites" ? Antenna?

Thanks and nice work!
Tamuflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
No concern for interference/vibration by having the 3GX unit so close to the motor?
If you want my perspective, The Align manual calls the spot where I have the 3GX mounted as position 1. I'm guessing the preferred location. All the carbon fibre around it has been cut for perfect access to all angles of it. Although, there's no denying that position 2 is easier for acces to the 3GX and does not require you to reverse any settings.

If you haven't noticed already, position 1 is perfectly center with the main shaft, so the 3GX when mounted at position 1 is at the heli's center of gravity. It's also the center of the heli where vibration will begin from. So in theory, anywhere further away from the main shaft (the heli's ceneter of gravity), the greater any vibration will be. So mounting the 3GX in position 2 might increase any vibration the unit experiences and also might give the 3GX a slightly less accurate reading of its axis's since it's not sitting at the helis center of gravity.

That's my take on it anyway.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuflyer View Post
Matt,

That looks similar to my wiring job that I got from watching Antonio from hobbypartz.com/xheli wiring video of an EXI 450 pro. I didnt follow him and run each front servo wire on the same side it is on, rather ran them all togeher with the ESC.

What are the "Satellites" ? Antenna?

Thanks and nice work!
Thanks Tamuflyer.

Yeah, both front servo wires run individually on both sides of the frame and meet the 3Gx in the back and they come together like a V. You can read up about the satellites and their advantages here...

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Techno...dFeatures.aspx
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was less concerned with vibration and more with electrical interference. I haven't seen the 3GX instructions, so if that's where Align suggests to put it, they must have tested it out, I would assume. Oh, and the centerline of the mainshaft is not necessarily the center of gravity. COG is determined by weight distribution and not physical placement of components.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
Oh, and the centerline of the mainshaft is not necessarily the center of gravity. COG is determined by weight distribution and not physical placement of components.
Position 1 is closer to the center of gravity of the heli than position 2, making it's corrections that much more accurate than position 2.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt,

Thanks for the link. I have a Futaba FASST system and now I know why they say to take those two long (longer than JR anyway) antenna leads and try to get them 90 deg. apart.
Tamuflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im well pleased to have seen this thread tonight as i hate having nothing but loose wireing hanging around on my RC cars and heli!!! Ive just been checking out new servo plugs as well as some techflex and heat shrink so that when i come to finishing my HK 450 V2 i will have all the wiring all neat and tidy and at the right lenths so it doesnt look all messy and badly finished off!!! Theres some really nice pictures here for me to get some good ideas!!!
hicks451 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Position 1 is closer to the center of gravity of the heli than position 2, making it's corrections that much more accurate than position 2.
I'm not so sure about that. 3D helis have a high COG closer to the head, so the #1 spot may be closer to the mainshaft, but not necessarily closer to COG.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Component placement is important, and it's great to discuss the pros/cons of each. Options such as putting an ESC under the battery tray where it helps pull CoG forwards and helps separate power/control electronics vs side mounting for arguably better cooling make for interesting debate.

Anything with buttons on it is even more of a challenge. I like keeping stuff safely inside the frame, but this can make access tricky. The CGY750 on my 500ESP (yeah, I know this is a 450 thread and mines on the 2nd page!) is a fine example of this, resulting in the unconventional, but perfectly usable placement under a carbon fibre receiver tray:

Keep these posts coming guys... Makes for interesting reading...

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile T-Rex 450 wiring

These pics were taken during a post flight check and cleaning. I tried to keep the wiring as hidden as possible. there is a boot (not pictured) to cover the wiring to the receiver I also secure the antenna wires to the skids and angle out for flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 1.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	254384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 2.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	254385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 3.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	254386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 4.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	254387  
MSH-Direct is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in