Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile First autorotation...not intended.

A first for me today. Changed to a new transmitter and overshot my tail gain adjustment with it.
On the first flight everything was just peachy until I hit the first hard pitch pump which created the tail wag from hell. Fearing damage to the boom I hit throttle hold and autoed down to a soft landing.
Took a few minutes to get to the ship as I was busy patting myself on the back.

....and to add to the story I had the pitch set to 50% in throttle hold on my old transmitter thinking as I had from my beginnings that 50% pitch would be better than me drilling it into the ground should I have an inflight dumb thumb event....I am so glad I changed that in the new transmitter.

It made me want to try some autos for real...I'm sure I'll have some follow up pitchers.

Viking
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

glad you did not end up crashing... i have not done a auto with mine yet, probably wont unless i have to.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default First autorotation...not intended.

Nice that you auto'd with no damage, the Warp autos great but with no tail control so that's how you practice in the sim.

I want to mention that a double jab in one direction can end a tail wag and if you ever get cyclic shake quick jabs on cyclic might end that. I dunno about collective on cyclic shake of death, I've always used cyclic so I can also be leveling the disk. Jab jab, jab jab.. Then land and figure out why the heck it did that.. Usually too much gain, vibes, or even blade tightness uneven.. When I say check it out I mean a 130 point inspection, take stuff off and look at it if you suspect it or can't see it well..

Really glad it had a happy ending
Old 06-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

This is what I did to set myself up for failure, maybe someone can learn from it and maybe keep the "I got that tee shirt" accumulation as small as possible.

I changed from a DX6i to the DX7s.
Figured I could just about swap all the numbers from one to the other. The Warp and Goblin was flying very well on the DX6i so I didn't want to start from scratch.
I swapped all the numbers over including the gyro numbers thinking they would be close. I had to change a couple servo directions around but everything looked good from a ground run without blades point of view. Checked all the throws everything was spot on.
When flown of course the tail wag became uncontrollable. What I did was input the gyro numbers from one TX directly into the other and didn't check the AR7200BX gain light before flight. Had I done that I would have seen the gain was way to high.
I also put my Goblin on the DX7s and this time after binding with the old TX I saw what light was illuminated for gain. After binding with the new TX I simply went to the gyro screen and rolled in the number that would once again reproduce my original gain light on the BX. That worked perfectly. On the first flight of the Goblin it was solid and did not require any adjustments. I went from a gyro gain setting of 55 with the DX6i to 25 with the DX7s, and from that you can see I was way high in gain when I flew the Warp after the initial adjustment. Lesson learned.

Viking
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in