Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #41 (permalink)

Hi BoB !

Welcome !!!

Lots of people will be from RR because of this. :glasses:

Here's a gift for you.

My latest Rex.

RR deleted your glowing comments on it.

kookboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #42 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea..... that was funny!
I heard this post got deleted intirely?

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookboy
Hi BoB !

Welcome !!!

Lots of people will be from RR because of this. :glasses:

Here's a gift for you.

My latest Rex.

RR deleted your glowing comments on it.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Everybody welcome Finless Bob, the How-To guy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames
Please welcome Bob (Finless) to his new How To forum!!! Everybody knows Bob as a great supporter of the hobby and the people who fly, lets all give him a warm welcome!!!

Thanks for all you do to help us more fully enjoy the hobby Bob!!

You ROCK!!

Will
Welcome Bob... I'm waiting for my T-Rex XL via post as I write... Looking forward to using all the help I can get.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HI BOB great to see you on here. I have been a BIG fan of your videos and am always trying to learn more thanks man for all the great info......
Old 05-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Finless!
I almost had a heart attack the other day when I went to the usual link to find the videos and they weren't there....Anyway, sorry you got booted butI'm glad that you landed somewhere...Your set-ups are really making this entry into the hobby easy....I crashed my new 'Rex last week, took out the tail boom, main mast shaft, and the top mountings of my 9650 tail servo...Re built it and switched the tail servo to the other side of the boom and because of your set-up video, was able to diagnose and fix a case of the tail spins on my own (the gyro needed to be reversed when the servo is on the other side of the tail boom)...Now that I'm getting the hang of the Trex, what would you suggest for my next bigger bird...I would like to stay electric...Was thinking about Rappy 50 electric conversion or new Trex600...Which would you suggest and why?
Once again, thanks for your dedication to education!
Dr. Franz in NJ
VonRecktofen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob
Great to see your name come up again .
Could not find it on the other site . All that is going on over there is bitching .
Poor old Willy will be bored now because he is going to be wright now all the time and has no one to argue with .
I moved over here because I want to learn about setups and things .
LET'S BUILD this forum to make it No 1

Thanks mate and keep up the great work you are doing .

Regards

Andrew
Old 05-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedontsurf
Hey Finless!
I almost had a heart attack the other day when I went to the usual link to find the videos and they weren't there....Anyway, sorry you got booted butI'm glad that you landed somewhere...Your set-ups are really making this entry into the hobby easy....I crashed my new 'Rex last week, took out the tail boom, main mast shaft, and the top mountings of my 9650 tail servo...Re built it and switched the tail servo to the other side of the boom and because of your set-up video, was able to diagnose and fix a case of the tail spins on my own (the gyro needed to be reversed when the servo is on the other side of the tail boom)...Now that I'm getting the hang of the Trex, what would you suggest for my next bigger bird...I would like to stay electric...Was thinking about Rappy 50 electric conversion or new Trex600...Which would you suggest and why?
Once again, thanks for your dedication to education!
Dr. Franz in NJ
I mayself am REALLY looking at the Hirobo Lepton! I think this will be my next slightly larger electric heli!

Thanks for the kudos...... I am glad my vids helped you as that was there intent!

Bob
Old 05-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by L PLATE
Hi Bob
Great to see your name come up again .

LET'S BUILD this forum to make it No 1

Thanks mate and keep up the great work you are doing .

Regards

Andrew
Andrew, that is my plan.... Will here is a SUPER guy and this I gaurentee.... 2 years of my posts and knowledge sharing as well as everyone elses knowledge sharing will NEVER be deleted! Will gave me his word and after talking with him live I can tell you he is a straight up guy. This is why I made Helifreak my new home.

Pass the word!

Bob
Old 05-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just found out that HeliFreak is an illegal word to use on the other site.
Just trying to get some more people over that are looking for your Vids.

Regards

Andrew
Old 05-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #50 (permalink)

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Helifreak! You have the most awesome video and it's a great help for noobies like me.

Thanks a lot!

daBOB
Wingless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,

Made the move when Rick (rdlohr) PM'd and said you left. Sure glad you found such a great forum to continue your teaching. Because of you I have now finished my third T-Rex (started all this in December '05) and each one flies perfect, which has contributed greatly with my learning curve. I have now started basic 3D flight and certainly would have not been this far if you had not helped me on numerous occasions and had not had the videos for reference. I went to RR the other day to refer to one of your videos and went into panic mode when I found they were no longer there. This time I will be downloading and burning them to CD...they are just too valuable to loose again! Anyway, glad your here and look forward to talking with you in the near future. Sincere thanks!

John
adour mk951 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by adour mk951
Bob,

Made the move when Rick (rdlohr) PM'd and said you left. Sure glad you found such a great forum to continue your teaching. Because of you I have now finished my third T-Rex (started all this in December '05) and each one flies perfect, which has contributed greatly with my learning curve. I have now started basic 3D flight and certainly would have not been this far if you had not helped me on numerous occasions and had not had the videos for reference. I went to RR the other day to refer to one of your videos and went into panic mode when I found they were no longer there. This time I will be downloading and burning them to CD...they are just too valuable to loose again! Anyway, glad your here and look forward to talking with you in the near future. Sincere thanks!
John, thanks for taking the time to say thanks! I am Sooooo glad I could help you as that is what I get a kick out of! honestly!
I love hearing good news stories like yours...... As always feel free to ask questions and I will be as active on the Trex forum here on Helifreak as I was on RR. i just got to catch up to where I was with videos first.... So everyone hang tight I will be back at 100%...... A few more days and I should be there

Bob
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finless you are my hero!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:13 AM   #54 (permalink)

Finless,

I presume it looks rather silly to welcome a member, who joined earlier than me...but anyway...Welcome Bob!!!! I've just started my heli experience and yr vids and posts are the best guide I've managed to get. So this site gonna be my home too.
By the way how abt yr gallery? As far as I remember there were a lot of useful info and photos (they disappeared as well on the RR)...Are you going to restore it here?

Migrating Helliboy...
Helliboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helliboy
Finless,

I presume it looks rather silly to welcome a member, who joined earlier than me...but anyway...Welcome Bob!!!! I've just started my heli experience and yr vids and posts are the best guide I've managed to get. So this site gonna be my home too.
By the way how abt yr gallery? As far as I remember there were a lot of useful info and photos (they disappeared as well on the RR)...Are you going to restore it here?

Migrating Helliboy...
Yes..... first priority is getting all my vids redon to show here... then I will update my gallery!

Bob
Old 05-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #56 (permalink)

Hi Bob I know this might be asking allot right now, but sometime down the road would you consider a video on JR radio set-up?
D-REX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #57 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-REX
Hi Bob I know this might be asking allot right now, but sometime down the road would you consider a video on JR radio set-up?
YES! There is a local guy to me that offered to bring over a JR radio so I will be doing that sometime in the near future.

BTW, after setting a a rex using a 9303..... All I can say is MAN! Is that an easy radio to use.......

Bob
Old 05-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #58 (permalink)

I haven't set it up yet, but that is nice to hear !!!
D-REX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob! - Hiya from London - excellent videos - I now actually understand blade balancing!

It's great someone gives something to the community without 1st thinking "how can I make a buck?" (Pound in my domain ).

Good man. :glasses2:
Old 05-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #60 (permalink)

Hi Bob,

Although I've built a few helis I downloaded the vids and have been watching on my commute and they are an excellent resource - ccpm part 2 and curves 101 are worth a watch regardless of which heli you're setting up, I certainly learned a few things and picked up some useful tips. Only about 10 more to go

Glad you like the 9303 (PCM9X - in UK speak) I never regretted the move from futaba.

I'd like to echo 'dodgey's comments, thanks for sharing without the thought of making cash, if only more people were like this.

p.s. Never liked RR myself
djparvin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in