Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyheli View Post
We're also discussing with Mikado about offering a different pinion stock with this kit. When the lads return from Rotor Live tomorrow this will be a topic of discussion.

550SX kits are being packaged and all details finalized by the end of this week!

Staff,
RH.
Can you kick the mikado guys in the shins and sort out standard 500 to 550sx tail/boom and head upgrade kits in the same fashion as the 500 to 500se kits while you're at it please? Would love to get the thicker boom and tail case on mine but would appreciate someone making it a whole bunch easier by putting everything in a bag i can buy off the shelf.
Jockpants is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upgrade kits won't be available until after the helicopter kits are listed for retail.

They will come out in a few weeks.

Staff,
RH.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out
Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs77 View Post
I'll admit that it hold HS nicely Now I have choose if I get this or Goblin 500..
Since you're wondering, a couple of points for each:

Logo 500SX:
  • Proven (and now improved) design. Like a fine wine or scotch, it only gets better with time.
  • Designed in Germany, Manufactured in Germany
Goblin 500:
  • Flavor of the month (get the Goblin if you prefer that)
  • Designed in Italy, Manufactured in Vietnam (not hating here, only stating facts)
Sorry for the slight digression, so let's return to our regular programming: Discussing the Logo 500SX, not other models.
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish somebody would kick Mikado in the shins and come out with a redesigned 400SX.

It's the oldest design (Though stick with the SE Specs I think) of the Logo's out there (Not even using the heringbone gear)
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep View Post
Since you're wondering, a couple of points for each:

Logo 500SX:
  • Proven (and now improved) design. Like a fine wine or scotch, it only gets better with time.
  • Designed in Germany, Manufactured in Germany
Goblin 500:
  • Flavor of the month (get the Goblin if you prefer that)
  • Designed in Italy, Manufactured in Vietnam (not hating here, only stating facts)
Sorry for the slight digression, so let's return to our regular programming: Discussing the Logo 500SX, not other models.

Well said, someone had to say it
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
@ benben,

30mm motor mount. The 30mm has been the standard in Mikado kits for some time now, and current Scorpion motors now can be used with either 25mm or 30mm spacing. To get a 25mm motor mount in a kit these days, you need to ask for it....
Hi Dave hope you guys enjoyed Vegas, wish the 550sx would have been at the fun fly in Visalia at the begining of this year, but I am sure it was still in the testing/planning phase. Anyways looking over the spec. sheet (http://www.scorpionsystem.com/files/..._dimension.pdf) for the HK3-4025 still indicates a 25/25mm spacing? I did notice that the spec. sheet for HK3-4035 (http://www.scorpionsystem.com/files/..._dimension.pdf) does show a 25/30mm spacing.

25/30mm 4025 scorpion motor would be nice as it seems that the 600sx head upgrade kit should be a close match. Maybe RH can confirm this compatibility for us 500 owners.

Thanks
Wynn
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Wynn1427,

I don't know exactly how long Scorpion has been in the process of making their 40 series motor with both 25mm and 30mm spacing? The info on Scorp's site is outdated, as I can state positively that the motor I received with the Logo 550SX kit from Mikado has both spacings, but the CB and motor mount are 30mm.

There may be 40 series motors around that have been in stock for awhile that might have the older 25mm spacing only. If you get the model as a bundled kit, you know it will be right. If you're piecing things together, I'd make sure you know what you're buying.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjohn1 View Post
I wish somebody would kick Mikado in the shins and come out with a redesigned 400SX.

It's the oldest design (Though stick with the SE Specs I think) of the Logo's out there (Not even using the heringbone gear)
OK, so this is just speculation/wishful thinking/provocation/trolling/thread hyjacking <delete as deemed necessary> BUT...

Mikado appear to be renaming the L500 to L550 with this new model (upgraded L500 but called L550) presumably to better reflect its size in comparison to all the other 550s. Maybe this could mean Mikado are intending to phase out the L400 and replace it with a similar sized model but called L500 - again to better reflect it's size in relation to other manufacturers heli's?

As I said, just thinking out loud really. but that's the way my brain is going atm
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the tail servo being used in the video?

Thanks!
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wonder how well this would fly on some good 6s 4000mah batteries. I have about 6 of those batteries hanging around from my previous 700 F3C which I no longer have. I don't need extreme headspeed because I fly more F3C style flying.
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "What's the tail servo being used in the video?"

Kyle would normally use something from JR, as that's a sponsor of his. But we had no JR tail servos available at the time of the build, so we stuck in a Savox 1257 we had in the drawer. Works fine (-:

@ xStatiCa,

4000's for lower head speed work would probably work, if you dropped the speed more than just a little bit. By that I mean, going from say 2500 to 2300 won't help you much. But running say 1900-2000, the 4000mah packs might give satisfactory flight times. As often discussed, lowering head speed increases flight times exponentially, so...

Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@ benben,

30mm motor mount. The 30mm has been the standard in Mikado kits for some time now, and current Scorpion motors now can be used with either 25mm or 30mm spacing. To get a 25mm motor mount in a kit these days, you need to ask for it.

I guess I'll have to buy the Mikado motor cause all my Scorpion 4020 have 3mm mounting hole at 25mm spacing.
benben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Dave
I noticed it looks like Kyle is not running the toroidal cores on the ESC leads. Now they could be tucked away out of sight not sure. I know this is a long going argument over whether they are needed. I use them but would love to not have to. Just wondering.

BTW
that move at 5:20 just rocks!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote, "I noticed it looks like Kyle is not running the toroidal cores on the ESC leads."

Well, I generally hate to disregard manufacturer's instructions, and Kontroniks says to not remove them. But...I have to admit in this case we've not run the cores for some time now, and have yet to experience anything bad happen as a result.

Why? Over the past few years there has been lots of info floating around that with 2.4GHz the cores are not needed. The truth is I have no expertise to say that's true or not from a technical standpoint. But, we gave it a try, nothing bad happened, and all has been fine since. We have several heli now without them installed, and with any current build I do using a Jive ESC, I remove them.

Kyle has some more time on the heli since the video was made with no issues. Several other "pro type" sponsored pilots took the heli out for a spin and flew the machine aggressively (2500 head speed) at the Las Vegas event, and no issues have come-up. It's looking to be a pretty solid machine.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockpants View Post
Mikado appear to be renaming the L500 to L550 with this new model (upgraded L500 but called L550) presumably to better reflect its size in comparison to all the other 550s. Maybe this could mean Mikado are intending to phase out the L400 and replace it with a similar sized model but called L500 - again to better reflect it's size in relation to other manufacturers heli's?

As I said, just thinking out loud really. but that's the way my brain is going atm
Mikado really do need to release a L500 style plastic body for the Logo 400.

I know the cost of the moulds and the R&D makes it risky for such a "small" company etc... but I know it would be a huge hit.

Plus everyone with an old Logo 10/400 would want an upgrade kit.
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
so we stuck in a Savox 1257 we had in the drawer. Works fine (-:
Are you serious?

You accidentally didn´t measure the length of the main rotor shaft ?

thx
Hubschrauberpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: Length of main shaft on the 550SX?

Sorry I didn't think to measure it during the build. But I would bet money that much like the main shafts on the Logo 500 and Logo 600 are the same part number, the main shafts on the Logo 550SX and the Logo 600SX are the same.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you !

Jörg from Mikado just confirmed that they have the same length & that the 550SX & 600SX share the same one-piece rotor head.
Hubschrauberpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kit is in stock: http://shop.mikado-heli.de/LOGO-550-...&c=6898&p=6898
njs77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in