Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to let you guys know. On my T-Rex 500, yesterday I switched over from FM2 to FM4. The heli now flies a bit more stable and I like it very much! Although I think the difference is much greater but I have only flown two flights with FM4.

As some of you guys probably know in the beginning I had some problems with the flight charactiristics with the CGY750 on my T-Rex 500. The roll rates and such where insane. I really needed to switch FM2 and also changed my ANG.Rate (advanced menu) for ALE and AIL to 90% to make it less nimble. Before that is was way to twitchy for me.

What did I do to improve this.
  • I updated to firmware v1.1.
  • I changed my Align blades to EDGE flybarless blades
  • I lowered the EXPO to -25% (in FM2 from -40% / in FM4 from -30%)
  • I lowered the ANG.Rate to 90% (in FM2) and 85% (in FM4)
That's actually it. No other tweaking at all. The only weird thing is. When I flew in FM4 for the first time with firmware v1.0 the roll rates where sooooo insane. I don't have that in FM4 now. Althoug I in the meanwile I changed the ANG.Rate to 85% and use EDGE blades.

THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM LEFT
With hard pitch pumps. The heli does not go straight up and down. Like AIL on one side is a bit to late. My T-Rex 550 also has this behavior, but not that noticable. I don't mind.
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you found the heli too twitchy, why did you reduce the expo?

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Evans View Post
If you found the heli too twitchy, why did you reduce the expo?

Steve
I did lower the ANG.Rate first to give it less cyclic pitch of course. With that default high EXPO the cyclic range is not linear. I don't like that at all. I find -40 or -30 a bit to much for my preference. See it like this, with a flybar model I always used to start at 0 and change that value only when needed.
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone tried the Function-Constant Delay Mode into AIL or ELE Expert menu? What will be the diference between them?

TREX 700E CGY750 ----- TREX 450 PRO QUARK gyro
HYPERION 615i duo 600W ----- FUTABA T8FG

Last edited by joaqui79; 11-09-2011 at 03:54 PM..
joaqui79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaqui79 View Post
Someone tried the Function-Constant Delay Mode into AIL or ELE Expert menu? What will be the diference between them?
I'm not exactly sure as to the exact definition but i believe it has to do with how the heli responds based on speed...when in function the faster you go the faster the cyclic is while constant seems to keep it consistent. For me the setting it to Function made my heli insane...too hard to control for me. I'm hoping someone will explain the difference between Rate.Cst and Function/constant
Old 11-10-2011, 03:54 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Joe, I found something in the cgy750 manual on the rudder expert settings. The manual says that constant delay mode will be more linear and more agresive than function but i´m not sure if that definition apply for ail and ele too....

TREX 700E CGY750 ----- TREX 450 PRO QUARK gyro
HYPERION 615i duo 600W ----- FUTABA T8FG
joaqui79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone have any experience with the sensor mode settings in the expert menus? The one that lists moderate, quick, and middle. Default is moderate.

Could this be that it controls response speed? The manual says it selects the response of the gyro sensor signal.

Any insight?

I have been having trouble getting the tail of my 600 pro to stop shaking after a control input. Stop boosting and stop delay haven't helped at all. Tail linkages are free, heli has about 10 flights on it. Tail gain set at 68%
skytrekin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekin View Post
Anyone have any experience with the sensor mode settings in the expert menus? The one that lists moderate, quick, and middle. Default is moderate.

Could this be that it controls response speed? The manual says it selects the response of the gyro sensor signal.

Any insight?

I have been having trouble getting the tail of my 600 pro to stop shaking after a control input. Stop boosting and stop delay haven't helped at all. Tail linkages are free, heli has about 10 flights on it. Tail gain set at 68%
I suspect that this will relate to filtering being done on the sensor signal. If so, this would be useful to address issues of vibration. As it works fine in "moderate" mode I suspect most folks won't have messed with it.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
I

Roll Rate /ANG.Rate.
this setting adjusts the roll speed or flip speed and is set to 100% at default. If you are finding that your rates are too fast then you can slow them down here a bit. I experimented by lowering the value a bit and returning back and could see a immediate differences in my rates. If your roll/flip rates are too high, i would suggest coming here and just backing off the % a bit till it is to your liking.
So if I have 65% AFR on the swash menu for cyclics, but the roll and flip rate are still too slow for my liking, I could up these values a bit? I'm on the furthest out hole on the arms so I've got all the servo throw I can get.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
AVCS damping
This is set to 98% by default. This setting will effect how stable your heli feels during hover and overal. The higher the value the more stable it will be, the better it will stabilize in windy conditions etc. As you raise this value your control feel will degrade though. The higher resolution, the higher the AVCS Dmp value can go without it degrading control. The more resolution the higher the cyclic gains can be run. I think this value is one of the most important values along with the Igain in getting a solid flying heli. At 98% my X5 would fly nicely in calm conditions but the slightest bit of wind would knock my heli around like a feather. Setting it to 99 increased its stability greatly and at 100% increased it to the point that i could let go of the sticks in the wind . The problem is if you dont have optimal resolution it will feel inaccurate on control feel will be compromised.

The key here is to achieve optimal resolution to allow for a higher AVCS.dmp value without it affecting your control feeling or accuracy. To compare The Vbar has a cyclic setup screen which uses a slider of a value of 0 to 100. They have you measure exactly 8 degrees of aileron cyclic...moving the slider up will give you more throw and down less. Optimal resolution on the Vbar is a value between 80 to 100% on the slider with exactly 8 degrees of cyclic. The lower the slider value the less resolution you have. The same is true with CGY750 except optimal resolution is determined by AFR% in your Swash menu. The sweet spot for Ailerion AFR is to achieve 8 degrees of cyclic throw between 50% to 60% AFR, Elevator above 50% normally 60% + If you are getting 8 degrees with AFR % in the 40's then you should adjust your setup so your AFR is at least 50% or greater.
My experience : Increasing resolution made an extreme difference on both of FBL X5's (Vbar & CGY750) when I increased my cyclic resolution using different (shorter) swash balls. Both were identically setup with my Vbar originally being at 75% on slider and 8degrees of Ail throw to 90% & 8degrees compared to CGY750 which was at 47% and went to Ailerion 52% AFR @ 8degrees Elevator AFR also went up from 54 to 60% AFR. The biggest difference was that I was able to increase my AVCS.Dmp from 98% to 100% which increased the stability of my heli without compromising on my control feel/accuracy.
Hi joe.

I see your explanations about AVCS.Dmp and resolution in cgy750 (and vbar) ....and I see you also use msh brain....so I believe you could help me with msh brain feeling, for me is too natural and i prefer more stabilite and robotic heli.
1) to get an increase resolution, I need decrease links of the swashplate?
2) whats the controls in msh brain is similar AVCS.Dmp?
3) you use default gains in msh brain or you increase these? Whats values you use for a 500 heli?
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am looking at putting the CGY750 on my Trex 700E. I have a MicroBeast on it now.

Give me your honest opinion, am I making a mistake? Or will the CGY750 be a vast improvement on my Heli?

THIS CGY750 will be going on a 700E Scale Body.

Thanks for your opinion, Dennis
TRex700MRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in