Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Futaba BLS157HV good or bad for cyclic?

I was thinking of getting Futaba BLS157HV for my 700 cyclics. Just looking for any info. Will be running them with beast on 6volts for now. Currently running 610 and looking to upgrade over the winter.

Brendan
goof2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want, use them, way too much servo though, and it's a plank servo, different deadband. The BLS255HV is the servo of choice.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have them on my X50 flybarless using silver V bar on it. It makes the Helicopter feel super light since it has way more torque than what that heli needs, But i love thos servo. nice and quiet and only uses under 300mah out of my lipo battery. my bad i miss read the servo type, i was talking about the BLS175
Luis Murillo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are freaking awesome! I have them on my Goblin 700 and they don't just perfect. I don't have the skill to speak of any special feel that they have on fast transitions, but they do feel great overall. The most noticeable thing is the lack of blades farts and bogging. The blades don't flutter at all. The heli is completely locked in and every move is crisp and precise. I can't notice anything that I like less about these than any other servos I have ran

I am going to be putting 255hvs on my Diabolo. The reason I plan on doing this is to see if I can feel a difference between a servo with a ton of torque and average speed vs. A servo with average torque that is blazing fast. Mainly just curious to see the difference. I would go with the 157s again, but I can get the 255hvs MUCH cheaper.

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My TDR is controlled by 157HV. If I remember the spec correctly, the 157 has maximum torque at 6V while the new HV F servo with same torque has its maximum torque at 7.4V.

Anyway I power these servos with my Jive's BEC at 5.6V, work flawlessly so far and they work very well with the CGY750.
Chris.C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use these in my speed TDR as I wanted the strongest I could find from a trusted brand. Great servos they seem as they are keeping the thing flying
Old 04-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.C View Post
My TDR is controlled by 157HV. If I remember the spec correctly, the 157 has maximum torque at 6V while the new HV F servo with same torque has its maximum torque at 7.4V.

Anyway I power these servos with my Jive's BEC at 5.6V, work flawlessly so far and they work very well with the CGY750.
Be careful, using ac3x german fbl unit and jive with high servo framerate it shuts down jive bec. But vbar was ok. When i look at log voltdrop was too much for my liking
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF MR Support

I am using them in my Logo 700 and speed TDR and they are more than suited to the task. They are rated for HV use and are so precise with great torque fast response.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been researching Futaba equipment a lot lately. I plan on making the switch from DSM to Futaba soon. I am really liking all of the features the 14sg offers for the price. One of my favorite things I have seen is SBus programming. When I get another job an get the extra cash to spend I am seriously considering getting the 14sg and putting Bls172sv servos on everything. They are very similar to the 157hvs, but are SBus programmable which means that subtrim would not be needed for centering the servos. I think that is an awesome feature and they are pretty much the same as 157hvs,which are by far the best servo I have flown.... Ever!

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in