Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
You mean it's more quiet without the canopy?

With the cut canopy pin mod it at least should not be much vibrations, as the mounts are flexible.
It is louder, but only because the canopy acts as a resonant chamber (the reason speakers go in boxes). It is nothing to do with the canopy vibrating.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is louder than stock without the canopy on. I will agree however that with the canopy on it makes it louder.

Don't really care though because I am loving my "Mild" brushless setup
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tested, you guys are indeed right! Not a huge difference, but defo more quiet without the canopy.

Also seems like it gets quieter after a while. Been running 80% (full speed) for a while now, seems like it's more broken in. Could it simply be the bearings?

Hmmmm... maybe glue a thin layer of foam on the inside of the canopy?
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

100 flights on my mild BL! I would have gone through at least a couple stock motors by now. Yes I am happy with BL. It has also taught me to be better with the TH. I stripped a main gear with BL and that never happened with stock motors.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

125 collective! Impossible without serious bogging. More like 75% - 81%. With linear servos you will have a difference between full and low stick.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thing is amazing. Dylan really did a great job with the wild kit. I was flying in 20mph sustained winds yesterday. No tricks, just nose into the wind hovering with no problems.

Pics - http://imgur.com/a/8egEp#0

On a still day this thing is amazing. I am going to solder on a program port and reflash just because I want to tweak the governor gains to more my flying style. Not looking forwards to that. Flashing the XP3a is a chore. And if it isn't broke should I fix it anyway?

Last edited by mikesbaker; 12-03-2012 at 09:01 PM..
mikesbaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

FINALLY !!!! My mild kit came today
The install was a breeze,the parts were perfect,the instructions clear.
I just finished balancing and I must say my nano is better than I hoped,it is a completely different animal now.There is only one problem now I have to buy another nano, because I have to see what the wild kit is all about...
Thanks Dylan,you do not disappoint...

I can't wait to get this thing outside tomorrow..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

HOLY COW! I just installed the "wild" kit only because I did not want to wait
for the mild. First off…Hats Off to Astroid Designs! Second, I had NOOO
frikin clue what a flashed BL was until I had to go problem solving. I'm not going to
tell y'all how long it took me but I will tell ya that I just starting soldering not to long ago. This thing is Frickin is AMAZING…I finally got to test fly it around 11:30 p.m. and the pitch bumps are out frickin standing. Can y'all tell that I'm FRICKIN happy?
Ok, tomorrows another bright day so I can really fly the thing then and I'll check back. THNX again Dylwad! Just frickin Awesome.
mellogrfx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellogrfx View Post
HOLY COW! Can y'all tell that I'm FRICKIN happy?
Ok, tomorrows another bright day so I can really fly the thing then and I'll check back. THNX again Dylwad! Just frickin Awesome.
Well said..8 short hrs till daylight.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick followup to my previous post:

WOW! Frickin WOW. This is truly a new world for me. I have only been flying now
for about 8 months so I am still very green to most of the technology. So, when I mentioned in my post above that I had no idea what a flashed BL heli was…I wasn't kiddin. That being said, my nano now is sooooo FRICKIN sweet. Flips are tight and very responsive. I really like the fact that there is almost zero bog and that there is plenty of power when I need it. I have quickly learned to use the Throttle Hold and the flat throttle curve did not take long to get use to. This thing is frickin so kewl. I sure hope that Astroid makes tons of $ because this thing is FRICKIN awesome :-) Thnx to all on here for your posts...they helped alot.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quick followup to my previous post:

WOW! Frickin WOW. This is truly a new world for me. I have only been flying now
for about 8 months so I am still very green to most of the technology. So, when I mentioned in my post above that I had no idea what a flashed BL heli was…I wasn't kiddin. That being said, my nano now is sooooo FRICKIN sweet. Flips are tight and very responsive. I really like the fact that there is almost zero bog and that there is plenty of power when I need it. I have quickly learned to use the Throttle Hold and the flat throttle curve did not take long to get use to. This thing is frickin so kewl. I sure hope that Astroid makes tons of $ because this thing is FRICKIN awesome :-) Thnx to all on here for your posts...they helped alot.
Thank you for sharing some of the joy, its always a nice read when things work out well.

And I agree, it is quite an experience the first time going from stock to BL. I had mine on the mcpx. It's just as fun putting it together and making it work as it is flying it. The maiden flight after an upgrade is something special also.
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #32 (permalink)

Are you guys limiting your pitch when you go brushless? Sounds like many are leaving it at the full 100%.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just got mine up and going. Seems to bog at 100% pitch. I need to figure out how to wire a plug for a toolstick. I got some playing around to do.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, glad you guys chimed in on pitch…not exactly the pitch setting (mine is set to 85 up & down) but rather the pitch curve. I have the "wild", FICKIN diggin it by-the-way, and was wondering what should I have my pitch curve set to? Oh, I have a dx6i.
thnx
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey, glad you guys chimed in on pitch…not exactly the pitch setting (mine is set to 85 up & down) but rather the pitch curve. I have the "wild", FICKIN diggin it by-the-way, and was wondering what should I have my pitch curve set to? Oh, I have a dx6i.
thnx
Standard pitch curve should work fine,0-25-50-75-100
You can soften the curve if it feels "jumpy" 0-30-50-70-100
Or you can make it pop more with a more aggressive curve ,0-20-50-80-100..
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #36 (permalink)

On my wild, I currently have the pitch curve linear.

However, I set the endpoint at about 85% right now. I still fine tuning it.

Leaving at 100%, I can see bogging.

At 85%, it pops quickly enough. But without the bogging.

I've read many others are limiting their pitch curves. However, nobody is telling the first time brushless peeps and seems everyone is running at 100%. Thus my question. Hopefully we can get some guidelines for the mild and the wild kits.

I suppose battery will come into play on the wild kits. What's the baseline? Hyperion 180?
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried running 160's which are useless with the wild kit..since swapping to 550's with my bl mcpx, It left me with 4 pulse 300's. I figured they should work, so I modified the battery holder to accommodate the bigger cell, and swapped over the plug.
Extra weight is not an issue here, it doesn't even act like its carrying more weight. I am still playing with tx settings, but so far by turning down the pitch and throttle, it's very smooth with zero bogging..
Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, 85% at the endpoint sounds like something I will try today. Concerning
the batteries - I am using my mcpx batteries.
1 - elite 200 mah 30c (they work ok)
2 - venom 250 mah 25c (about the same as elite..maybe a little better)
3 - MicroHeli 300 mah 35c (my Favorite)

thnx for the info Daryoon
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm at 0,25,50,70,85. Still a little poppy, but very little bog.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default another satisifed mild customer

Spent yesterday evening installing the mild and then couldn't sleep all night waiting for daylight to try it out. Morning finally came and all is well, no shakes, no vibes, just smooth flight. Inverted flight, here I come.

Sam
sjh4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in