Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default I love my Shogun!!

Now this is what I'm talking about!!

I flew 5 - 10 minute flights on my Shogun today right in my driveway!! SWEET. I LOVE it!!

I can FINALLY fly here at the house. YES!!!

This Shogun is a REAL Heli!!! I've been waiting for this for a very long time!! :mrgreen:

:glasses2: :glasses2: :glasses2: :glasses2: :glasses2: :glasses2: :glasses2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Will,

That is what I am talking about... fly at my house and "sharpen" my skills. Are you using the stock setup or did you get the AXI motor yet?

Man, give me (us) the details.... inquiring minds want to know !!! :glasses2:

Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The one I have flying now I got from HC. It is a SHogun with GWS gear and HS 50 on tail with pezio gyro (got a 240 from Mac on the way) with a Chile Pepper Motor that seems to make TONS of Power at the expense of generating some tremendous heat. Runnning a 10T pinion now. I have another Shogun on order with Mac and I will be setting it up with the AXI from the getgo. I use CC 25 SC's on both and Berg RX's and 240's with HS-50.

I am running the TP 1320 3c Packs and charging with a Triton.

I LOVE it, should have bought one long ago.

I am waiting on a bunch of MJP stuff, and Belt Drives from Hubdave.

Thanks for asking. This is a real heli for real practice at the house. What more could I ask for!! YES!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Will,

I think that is the main point
Quote:
This is a real heli for real practice at the house
This is the info that we "heliFreaks" need, Does it fly like a real 3d capiable heli?

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I have not gotten my curves set for Idle-up yet. Just gettign my first flights in today, but I can tellyou if flys GREAT. Just like a lot larger heli. I can also say I have been looking for a long time for something I can fly here at the house in my driveway surrounded by 100'+ trees and this Shogun is IT!!

Thank you H to the C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Also, another question, have you researched parts availability and cost? This is always an important focus on these birds.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hi Rob,

Yes, parts are startig to be more and more available. HeliProz has the best selection of anywhere right now. Mac is also going to stock parts.

The parts are fairly expensive, but for me, the lack of yard space here forces me to get a micro. No room for one of my 90 sized birds here in the woods.

I can now fly here at the house. That is priceless!! :mrgreen:
Old 07-28-2004, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

My shogun is runnign a brushless roataing can from
http://www.justgofly.com
with a 9 tooth pinion. 3D? YES!
HS55s on cyclic and collective Expert micro superservo on the tail, csm micro 560 gyro.
Stock blades and tail drive

With the stock motor, you can do loops and rolls, but you have to be on the ball. Very underpowered for 3D with the stock motor, but great for just flying around.

about 10 min of flight time with either motor, if you are just flying around. it drops to around 7 when working hard.

Brushless, and you can do almost anything you want! I think the servos are a little slow for stuff like tick-tocks, but I am not good enough to try them. The guy that has done the heavy 3D with mine loves it!

It is a real heli for small places

problems with the stock setup.
motor weak for 3D
Tail control wire has a lot of friction. make it a strait run, and it will work much better
Different parts of the tail drive will fail, if you smack it. If you don't touch a tail blade to a piece of grass, it will last a long time!
The stock paddles are very heavy and slow. Upgrade to Piccolo Pros or something like them, and you will still have the great stability, with good cyclic control.

after market is quickly fixing this problem!

Check out my gallery for pictures of me flying my shogun in my hotell room while I was on the road. It makes a great travling heli!

Also, look for my review in the november issue of Model Aviation in the heli section.

Chad
falconpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Will,

Glad to see you got bitten by the Zoom bug. I had mine really dialed in and got four consecutive flights without a failure! It could've been more, but I made the mistake of letting an un-named individual wring it out. 30 seconds into the flight and he drove it straight into the ground! And I mean straight on its nose. It was kinda funny, actually. It bounced up and landed upright on the skids. The only damage was a bent main shaft and stripped tail gears (a given).

I have it repaired already (getting very good at wrenching on it), but need to redo the pitch curves since I changed the main shaft. If I ever get moved into my new workshop, that's my top priority since I now have a yard I can fly it in (Woo-Hoo!).

I'm going to get a belt drive ordered also. That looks like the answer to the tail problems. I still have several tail gears and will probably wait until I use them all up.

If Mac doesn't have the parts you need, try this guy:

http://store.xtremercproducts.com/

He has pretty much everything in stock. He's in Hawaii, but I got my last order in 4 days. Not too shabby! :mrgreen:
rob_jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in