Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default the truth, who has given up?

i,m ready, 800 + bucks. 550 3-g system. try as i might i can't get rid of the tail wag. oh, the heli flys great, it does anything i,m able to do, but i,m a perfection nut. i still have a slight tail wag, and once every 10 flights a 90 deg tail blowout.. tried everything, more tape, less tape, harder tape, less gain, more gain. my buddy finally went with a seperate tail gyro on his.i,m stubborn. i don't want to spend another penny. but i have lost interest in this heli. another few days and it will be in the junk pile...........ps, my 450 and 500's with flybars and 750 gyros are rock solid and i,ve gone back to flying them........
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BeastX.....
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

not 1 penny more..................
Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sell the 3G.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On a positive note, I helped a buddy set up his 550 3G at the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get flying reliably. It is one of the very latest versions which has the silicon mod from the factory and I have to say it flew really nice.

However, with all the choice now on the market I would not opt for 3G at this time and have replaced one of mine with a CGY750 - just brilliant

Flybarless is more
serpent887 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went to SK-720, saving the 3G for an HK450.
Cascade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I struggled (mounting arrangement, settings) and had my 550 flying great, except for the hint of a wag and the occasional violent tail kick.

Within three test flights the BeastX was dialled in, and have not touched it since, and zero wag and no violent tail kicks.

I now have two of my 450's using the 3G with RJX heads, and they seem to be fine (one of them has the 3G from my 550).

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

but thats my whole point. i spent all this money and it isn't right ! i am not willing to throw more $ into it, i shouldn't have to !
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Cool 3G works!

You didn't have to. I've got 4 3Gs working. no wags, no kicks - smooth operation. I will definitely buy another. We also have 2 other FB helis flying with Align GP750/80s and they fly well also.
TRex700E 3GX photo ship
SteamEngine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamEngine View Post
I will definitely buy another [3G].
Steam, do you still have that uBeast that you did not like? Sounds to me there's a trade here. I mean, even if you had to buy a new uBeast to swap against rcflier, that's still cheaper than buying a new 3G at RRP. Or what have you been paying for your most recent 3G?
ollie2893 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Wink 3G price

Fast Lad is pulling his prices down as the launch of the 3GX approaches. I guess he wants to shift his stock before the new one arrives. His current price for all sizes is £185 ($299) including mechanics. We don't need another one right now. Maybe the new one will arrive in time when we do. I am keen to get the RX replaced with satellites and possibly the sensor integration may make it less prone to vibes.

The micro beast is in the garbage somewhere!
TRex700E 3GX photo ship
SteamEngine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default servo?

Quote:
tried everything, more tape, less tape, harder tape, less gain, more gain.
I went through this too on my 600, and for a short time the 700. For me it took changing the servo. Which one are you using?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i bought the whole package., so it's the 620
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

so, are you saying to dump the 3-g for what i can get and buy the microbeast? so, thats about 220, what can i get for the 3-g?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't believe you. Sold, perhaps - but thrown into the trash, no. Lop it over to rcflier and he'll post his 3G in return. You both get something out of trash. Reduce, reuse, recycle...
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

doing some research, i see that 3-g units don,t sell well, gee, i wonder why????
Old 05-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Fast Lad is pulling his prices down as the launch of the 3GX approaches. I guess he wants to shift his stock before the new one arrives. His current price for all sizes is £185 ($299) including mechanics. We don't need another one right now. Maybe the new one will arrive in time when we do. I am keen to get the RX replaced with satellites and possibly the sensor integration may make it less prone to vibes.

What 'mechanics' are you referring to?

The cost of the 3G control unit plus sensor is usually around $300, whereas the BeastX is $200

The most likely explanation for the numbers of 3G in service, is that they were supplied as part of combo deals.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
The cost of the 3G control unit plus sensor is usually around $300
No, Steam is probably right. I paid £150 for my 3G + FBL head (the 'mechanics' Steam is referring to). I recognize the price you quote as well - mind, I have no idea who would be mad enough to pay it.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflier1 View Post
doing some research, i see that 3-g units don,t sell well, gee, i wonder why????
Last sensible conversation I had about the 3G, the guy was gonna buy one of the Align 3G combo deals. His attitude was "hell, if I buy the FBL kit minus electronics, by the time I get all the missing gear, I would have paid exactly the same price as if I had bought the kit with the electronics (inc 3G). So I am gonna buy the 3G kit and sell the 3G controller BNIB to maximize my recovery." For him, any price > $0 was gonna go towards the purchase of another controller. Which is why you expect to pick up a brand-new 3G controller for less than an average gyro.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The truth, Love my 3G. Didn't at first. The truth, no tail blow outs at all on my 500 and 1 on the 550.
Noticed to much slop in the auto to front drive gears and did a slight mod to increase mesh right away during the build. Installed the sensor on one stock pad bottom rear base plate. I loaded stock settings for both, use end points for gyro gain, lowered locks to 60, mechanically set up the tail with no sub trim and no TX trim in RM, upgraded boom braces on the 550, 600 braces cut to fit, added a CF control rod to the 550, run throttle at 90% GM and the tail is solid on both. The 3G is real sensitive to vibes, more so than other units so everything that moves gets lubed. except for the main and auto gears. One time I lower the rudder lock gains to 50 and first flght the tail blew out. Put it back to 60 and the tail kick was history
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in