Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Compass warp?? What's the big deal??

Hey guys! Just wondering what the big deal is with this little guy? I'm hearing alotta hype and just wondering what all the hype is about?

Thanks!
Merse
Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the best thing ever. You should sell everything you own in anticipation of its release.

Seriously, it's the only 450 sized heli that even interests me. I might have to own one.
laminarjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is a heli designed for 6s and 350mm blades. It also utilizes a rigid head, using the carbon blade grips for damping. There a vids showing that despite the rigid head, it performs very well at low HS too.

As far as the hype, well, if you're in the market for a 6s 450, then you should be interested in this heli.
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any 3s heli can be changed to a 6s heli. Not a big deal, IMHO.

Lets face it, the manufacturers know that they need to spruce up a line time to time. Nothing generates the hype like a vaporware heli, and I am not picking on Compass here. It is true for all brands.

Just look into any forum, when a new version heli comes out, the old model just about disappears from the forum posts. Check out any of the "Align" forums. All you basically see now is the new fbl rotor head.

Hype=sales. True everywhere----IMHO!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Merse,

What laminarjack and th0rg0d said!

I have had the opportunity to examine one and see two different ones fly.

This is not your father's 450!

If you had had the opportunity to see one in person, you would have already pre-ordered!

Smooth, fast, nearly silent at low RPM-SUPERB!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned User

Its an awesome design. Tailboom with no boom supports. 350mm blades are waaaaay better than 325s which are often 315mm if you measure hole to tip. With a lightweight design and a 6s power system you can do 8 or 9 minute flights (what I already get on my 6s 350 without stressing your packs.

6s 1200mah to 1350mah packs are becoming more popular and affordable too. Heres the short list Thor, gens ace, turnigy, turnigy nano-tech, blue lipo, pulse ultra, thunder power. If I've missed any, let me know.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It also utilizes an automatic belt tensioner and some other new ideas / concepts.

It also features a horizontal anti-rotation guide vs. the conventional vertical one. It uses an oversized servo link rod and utilizes the upper bearing block for an anti-rotation guide. This also elminiations the anti-rotation pin on the swash.

Also, the swash to grip arm ball links are rotated 90 degrees so that the ball links line up properly for better geometry and less binding ... I could go on and on.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Heres the short list Thor, gens ace, turnigy, turnigy nano-tech, blue lipo, pulse ultra, thunder power. If I've missed any, let me know.
Reaktor
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saw John Cook and Dave Ketelhut throwing Warps around last weekend at Camp Hardcore. Simply put, this is a bad ass 450, and the only 450 I have ever been excited about!
Todd Moriarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Any 3s heli can be changed to a 6s heli. Not a big deal, IMHO.

Lets face it, the manufacturers know that they need to spruce up a line time to time. Nothing generates the hype like a vaporware heli, and I am not picking on Compass here. It is true for all brands.

Just look into any forum, when a new version heli comes out, the old model just about disappears from the forum posts. Check out any of the "Align" forums. All you basically see now is the new fbl rotor head.

Hype=sales. True everywhere----IMHO!

Don’t knock it homey... this one is actually very different and innovative. The construction and design are super simplistic and robust. The hype is well justified in this case.
Its designed to handle serious power... it’s really more than your average 450, quite literally.

Though, I do understand where you're coming from.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jeff from RChelicanada has indicated he will likely have one available soon.

I like the concept of the layout and drive system.

If this thing performs the way it is advertised the 450x may be up on the for sale forum...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

And to add to the list, it seems to be very robust, with all the bearing sizes way bigger than on a trex.
The tail has 500 size components, with large bearings also on the grips so you won't have half the problems that are normal in a t450. That is a big plus for me, cause i'm down to one 3d heli (and a mcpx) for now, so a reliable design is important.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ya'll enjoy it...I'll pass.
helihaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Just look into any forum, when a new version heli comes out, the old model just about disappears from the forum posts.
Except that this is a brand new size segment for Compass and not replacing any older models.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think at the end of the day a 450 remains a 450, 6s 350mm or not.
I would wager that an Align 450 pro on 4s could keep pace with this heli. A bold statement, maybe, but how much power do you really gain on a 450 going from 4s to 6s? Does it outweigh the cost?

How much power do you need, for that matter? Insane power and unboggable blades breed poor technique anyway
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not just about insane power and unboggable performance, 6S setups are much more efficient than 3S which leads to longer battery, motor, ESC life. Plus, there is no such thing as too much power, that just means more headroom for the governor. I learned all the collective management I need with my mCP and 130's, sometimes you just wanna rip holes in the sky without worrying about bogging it down and overworking things. To each their own but for me it's not masking poor skill, it's giving me unlimited potential to rippith thine sky apart.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarjack View Post
It's the best thing ever. You should sell everything you own in anticipation of its release.

Seriously, it's the only 450 sized heli that even interests me. I might have to own one.

I'm not selling my goblin!! But I do like unique designs!
Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed, the 450 class should have been 6s all along. 6s doubles the efficiency ratings, and it is not just about power. Think about the fact that those of us flying 6s, and I have been for 3 1/2 years. Have multiple batteries with well over 350 to 500 cycles still functioning! Longer flight times, more seat of the pants power with far lower amp draws and much cooler electronics.

This new design is revolutionary in half a dozen different ways. And to date they haven't seen anything like it in the market sans custom one offs guys like me build. The architecture of the mechanics is brilliant. My only beef is the low gearing ratio that belt drives force you into when trying to fit the gears into a small frame. Which negates every motor I have ever tested, wound, and own. My current 12s 450 project that is based on a prototype Scorpion 450 class motor also has the current 450 can size. And it is impossible to wind them with low enough KV ratings to work in this new platform. Had the gearing been anywhere above 8:44 I would have one of these on its way! Plus I am not thrilled about a single sided tail slider control arm.

Still might this next year, and you wanna know why? The belt drive eliminates 3/4 of the vibes and drivetrain weaknesses inherent in the 450 class. Which triples bearing life also. Just not thrilled with the thought of a lower efficiency 1300kv motor is all. It is proven the higher KV motors run with more efficient #s.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going with the mini protos. Hope to pull the trigger on a black friday deal.
pjuran is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
it's giving me unlimited potential to rippith thine sky apart.
Precisely, one will have the ability to layeth the smacketh down upon thine sky in a fashion hither to unknown in this realm of existence.

It’s really not 'just any 450'. To the guys designating it as such... have you seen it? It’s the dopeness! Fresh and unique and incredibly simple and well thought out. Makes a 450 pro look like a cheesy and poorly designed heli (which it is not). It’s a step in a new direction. Innovation and great engineering are two words that stand out about this design.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

so nice, wish i had one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warp360.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	367928  
03silver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in