Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lower price. I have a Logo 600sx and wanted to buy a logo480 but I really like DT 520E v2 and think it will be my final choice. I also like that the manufacturer to have the same price like us distribuitor.
Olufsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin View Post
2. Bluetooth built into the next VBAR hardware
That would be a great feature. I notice alot of requests are orientated around mods to Vbar

Varelco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyvG View Post
Whats the problem because most MKS servos seem to work fine?
The DS1210 servos don't work correctly, I posted about it here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=4929087

Here's a response from Mikado support.

Hello Daniel,

the servo issue is known and a task of the servo manufacturer. We changed some initial signal timings in 5.3.4 to get the same issue solved with savox servos. And now it is back with MKS ... so we can't do anything on the timing here w/o getting into trouble with other brands again.

Unfortunately does every brand and servo type have a own expectation of the initial powerup signals.

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1269

One thing to try may be to add a pulldown resistor of 4.7 kOhm between signal lead and ground to the servos (use a old extension cable for a try).

Gruß/Regards

Rainer Vetter
VStabi Support
dswitkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would you like to see from mikado in 2014?

Parts availability in the USA. When you want them, when you need them!!

Please!! Soon!!
slpnGIANT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hello Daniel,

the servo issue is known and a task of the servo manufacturer. We changed some initial signal timings in 5.3.4 to get the same issue solved with savox servos. And now it is back with MKS ... so we can't do anything on the timing here w/o getting into trouble with other brands again.

Unfortunately does every brand and servo type have a own expectation of the initial powerup signals.

One thing to try may be to add a pulldown resistor of 4.7 kOhm between signal lead and ground to the servos (use a old extension cable for a try).

Gruß/Regards

Rainer Vetter
VStabi Support
The more issues and lack of configuration features I hear about in V-Bar, the happier I am with Skookum.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Hello Daniel,

Gruß/Regards

Rainer Vetter
VStabi Support
If this can be fixed with software, why not just add a drop-down box to select what brand cyclic/tail servos you're using?
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

- iphone app. Why do I have to get a used android phone ?
lame excuse really.
- fix the high power new servo problems, like with Protek 850T.

- as others stated better adjustability of tail, like subtrim.
- simplier e and nitro governor setup.
4cyclic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravydrive View Post
If this can be fixed with software, why not just add a drop-down box to select what brand cyclic/tail servos you're using?
I requested exactly that. They said it was possible but not a high priority to add it.
dswitkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am waiting for the "new products this spring" to bring Vbar 6.0 and maybe new hardware units too with MANY new features.

Mark, you hear the 50 people with weird servo problems and not the 30.000 enjoying the best flying FBL on the market.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
I am waiting for the "new products this spring" to bring Vbar 6.0 and maybe new hardware units too with MANY new features.

Mark, you hear the 50 people with weird servo problems and not the 30.000 enjoying the best flying FBL on the market.
I have no doubt that it flies well. Too many people I know love it!

I'm going to stick with what I'm familiar with for the time being, but you never know what will happen in the future.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alternative 480 xxtreme Canopy

I really hope Mikado make an alternative Logo 480 xxtreme canopy. I like the Classical 500se, 550sx canopy looks or something similar. Perhaps a Canopy which better covers the heli stomach (instead of the current empty stomach design)
Iyad Nihad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the chances of Mikado changing the canopy design for the 480 is extremely unlikely, they have no reason to do so (not to mention it looks great anyway ). If you prefer the old style canopies why not buy a Logo 400SE?

Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varelco View Post
I think the chances of Mikado changing the canopy design for the 480 is extremely unlikely, they have no reason to do so (not to mention it looks great anyway ). If you prefer the old style canopies why not buy a Logo 400SE?

Some of us consider the Dino look ugly as sin and would never fly a heli looking like that.

Mikado has a good reason to offer other canopies if they want to sell canopies to people who don't like the Dino look. If I were to get a 480, the first thing I would do is order a canopy for it that I liked and maybe sell off my stock canopy to someone who liked it.

So Mikado would lose the replacement canopy sale for someone else and the sale of the canopy I would order from another source.

Even worse they could lose the sale completely if someone didn't want to bother with that and got a different heli. Heli purchases are impulse buys for many people and if your knee jerk reaction when you see the new canopies is "YUK" rather then, Oh cool I can specify a canopy I like sales will be lost.

Since Mikado discourages retailers from stocking other brands of canopy that makes this more painful. My Angry Bird canopy for my 550SX will be here in another month or so, but I like the stock canopy on it. I doubt I would order a heli that I would need to wait 4-8 weeks for a custom canopy to be made overseas just to want to fly it.

I'm sure the 480 is a great little heli, but currently my gut turned the other way when I saw it. Personally I'm happy with the new SX canopies and I doubt I will get a 480 at this point.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

And yet the majority of us would fly the armadillo look.

It all comes down to personal preference. Trying to cater for everyone isn't going to work, at least for aesthetics anyway. Prove me wrong but I can't say I've heard of a manufacture offering different canopy designs for their heli? different paint job yes, but designs no. I'm not suggesting or trying to prove anyone wrong, just pointing out reality here, I can't see it happening. The only thing that always strikes me as odd is how the Xxtreme models all use the curvy landing skids, they look great on the regular Logos but slightly out of place on the sharp lines of the xxtreme.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Id like to see a 400sx or something. 470 blades with the plastic frame from the 400/400se, and the tail and head that the 480 xxtreme uses, and then like they have for the 500/600, a canopy with the xxtreme paint scheme.

Essentially I want a 480 but with the plastic frame. I've come extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 480xxtreme but the weight just scares me away. I didn't fly my goblin 500 much, mostly because of the weight, and I'm afraid the 480 will feel about the same. So now I'm eyeballing the 400se but I wonder if parts support will continue with the 480 in town

Though now that I'm looking at the combos, the 400se combo doesn't come with ESC or servos, so by the time you add those, you're right about the same cost as the newer, prettier 480. And if I tried to upgrade to the 480 head and tail, it would end up costing more than a 480. Dangit. Tough decisions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if it will help your decision but the 480s flying weight seems to be about 500grams lighter than a Goblin 500, the Goblin isn't the lightest. The disk size is only 50mm larger, 50mm for 500g is pretty significant. I plan to sell my Goblin for a 480, it's a great model but it's so thirsty for mAhs lol.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

It helps. Though I should ask you not to encourage me! I'm going to have to sell some stuff to make it happen.

Maybe I go with the 480 and hope and dream that in 2015 mikado brings out a plastic frame upgrade for it like they have planned for the 700. That'd be the greatest thing ever! Should that go into a thread titled "what would you like to see from mikado in 2015?" Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Uvular body for the xxtreme
WayFastWilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

For 2014, I would like my replacement swash

My 550SX sat on a shelf sulking today while I took 3 of my other helis out to play.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

what about complete conversion kits like

logo500 to 600sx / logo600se to 600sx / ... etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in