Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It has been 80 degrees here and I was not waiting between flights for any real length of time and with the nanotech 300mah 45-90c batteries I use for 4:20 I am guessing the fets get hot, haven't been checking them, just the 7mm tail motor heat between flights which doesn't start to get hot for a few batteries.

I agree the tape contact may spread heat better but after a few heat cycles the tape doesn't seem to stick anymore so sometimes I will put a drop of ca on it and it will stick well for a while or until I change batteries and pull on the hot fet which is nicely stuck to the tape.

Stuck too well might be my problem. If I just left it alone, it would probably have been fine hovering above the tape and would have been a better shock when changing batteries and pulling on the wires a little, rather than being rigid straight to the tape and the weakest link failing which is the surface mount contact.

I am still going to wrap the battery wires around the canopy post next time so nothing moves when changing batteries and still use the 2 sided tape but let it go when it heats up and comes loose, hovering on it's own.

Always something moving or wiggling wires killing my bl. Actually last time my bl died I think it was the fragile motor wires wiggling or getting pressed on too many times while handling the canopy.

BL Nano is the greatest and so is Dylan. I will send you an email but it is my fault for using the ca and sticking it too well.

I just cut the wires and looked between the board and tape. Wish I had a super macro lens, just a decent smart phone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1284.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	520078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1285.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	520079  
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: What causes a XP-3A to burn up?

80° would be so nice here right now

Definitely blown fets, I can send you a replacement esc for free, fix the one you have, or fix and double fet the one you have for a small cost...

I always leave some slack in the battery wiring so it's not tugging on the esc, but I don't think yours was a mechanical separation of the fet, the pads on the esc board look too clean.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, that is not a ripped apart solder joint, that is a nice desolder job so it was rather warm
TTMR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got the new esc and am officially back in action. Thanks again to Dylan and Astroid Designs!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice Dustin! I think want a new double fetted one due to the MCPx batts cranking out full power for extended periods. I will pay and email when ready in the near future. Thanks Dylan!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in