Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmarti View Post
All I'm saying is that it's baffling and disappointing that an issue such as this goes on without being addressed. What renewed my disappointment was a new 690 plate with the same issue! Looks good, geometry is great but I can't use it, a lot of good that does! I hope the lynx offering is better!
this was sent to me from Mikado:

2/13/2015 11:40:50 AM Hi Mark,

We have mentioned this issue to Mikado Germany. However, at the moment we do not have any updates. What I can do now, is to replace it with a brand new one, until I hear back from Germany.

If this is something that interests you, please let me know. Otherwise, I will get back you soon once I hear from Mikado Germany.

Thanks a lot, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Gorgin

so they seem to be a wear of it -just no solution yet..i just didn't want to replace it with the same thing-so I just added a little CA--the plastic part on mine would not come out unless maybe if I used an arbor press and I did not want to apply that much load.
hope this helps
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 04:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425551287638.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	573421Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425551310165.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	573422

Silver and red
weight: 55
Tilt angle: 33.5
retail: 65.00

Looking good, can't wait to get one.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

When ? I want to buy some as well. Too bad I just went through the head setup again.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
When ? I want to buy some as well. Too bad I just went through the head setup again.
Can't say for sure, haven't been given a date, as testing needs to be done as its slightly taller due to the double radial bearing they need to check for binding. (good on them)

Getting tested this month, if all Is well then the beginning of April is my assumption. (if i get a date from lynx I'll post it here)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wonder how much taller it is. The I2RC swash uses a similar design and I ran it with no problems for a while.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phil777...........

Phil777,

If you have a direct line of communications with Lynx, could you ask them if on their 690 replacement swash, they make the stem on the anti-rotation swashball a little longer than stock?

I accidentally installed my anti-rotation bracket backwards when I built my 690sx and had my swash come out of it mid flight after doing a piroflip. I was able to land ok but lost most of my positive collective so it was a little scary. After the mishap, I saw what I had done and turned the bracket around. Even with it turned around, it was really easy to have the swash ball pin pop out of the bracket near the top of it's travel if you bumped the bracket with your fingers while carrying the heli by the head. So, I put Align balls on my swash. The balls actually have beefier bases that the stock ones and the stem on the anti-rotation ball is much longer. Ball distances from ball to base are the same as the stock balls so the geometry doesn't change..

Thanks!

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
so they seem to be a wear of it -just no solution yet..
Here's what I've been able to learn. Take it for what you will, just don't shoot the messenger.

In terms of numbers of 690sx swashplates that Mikado knows about which have had any sort of non-crash failure (including delrin rings), it is a fraction of a percent. My understanding is there hasn't been acknowledgement of a widespread issue because they aren't seeing one.

For those who have discovered a loose delrin ring (meaning it will rotate inside the swash, not that it pops out) thin CA was the recommended fix. Attempting to press them out is not recommended as they could be damaged.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my Logo 500 SE that I built last year. It has maybe 20 flights. The delrin cup has play up and down or can rock back and forth. This is the official fix ? Say it's not a problem just put some CA in there and hope it holds?
Old 03-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

The official response should be. To any customers that have this issue please send in your defective swash plates to this address. We will repair / replace them and send them back. Thank you
Old 03-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm hearing, 'Go ahead and buy the Lynx swashplate.'
Old 03-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've given up, which is what they want, they've had that ostrich neck buried deep in the sand for years! Quick UK and now Lynx will keep me going who needs a Mikado swash!
tjmarti is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The official response should be. To any customers that have this issue please send in your defective swash plates to this address. We will repair / replace them and send them back. Thank you
That has always been the case. Still true. The question being asked was whether they're changing it to address problems perceived as widespread. The response I was given from an internal source was what I reported.

Personally I have been and remain happy with Mikado swash plates and will continue to run them. If I've ever had one with a loose Delrin cup, I never noticed. I used a Quick UK one once thinking it would hold up better in a crash, it just broke instead of bending like the thinner Mikado swash, so I went back to stock.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I should send mine back for replacement.

Would I send it to Mikado USA ? But I didnt buy it from Mikado USA.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:27 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote: Personally I have been and remain happy with Mikado swash plates and will continue to run them. If I've ever had one with a loose Delrin cup, I never noticed. I used a Quick UK one once thinking it would hold up better in a crash, it just broke instead of bending like the thinner Mikado swash, so I went back to stock.

Although defective manufacturing / poor designs. These are different issues than damaging it in a crash. It should be tough enough to withstand some crashes, I would expect sometimes the swash would need to be replaced. Either worn out from use or damaged by impact.

Last edited by Freeskiken; 03-09-2015 at 05:35 PM..
Freeskiken is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Would I send it to Mikado USA ? But I didnt buy it from Mikado USA.
I don't know who you bought it from, but if you contact Mikado USA there's a good chance they'll take care of you regardless.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess Mikado has repaired the problem. The new Logo 700 has a new servicable swash with the delrin held in by four screws. Just what everyone has been asking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	574580  
Old 03-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The new Logo 700 has a new servicable swash with the delrin held in by four screws.
That's the same as their current Xxtreme swash. I suspect it's the same part.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:49 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a rough landing with my L600 yesterday and my QUK swash is bent. Can't find them in stock anywhere - someone said they're discontinued. Hmm. Do I wait for the Lynx one or chance it with a 690 one? How do I remove the delrin cup to drill the divets?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solution to the Center Ball Separation Issue

I wouldn't remove the Delrin cup. I would pass the drill through the threaded hole on the upper swash and simple it through there. I've done two swashes that way. Trying to press it out if it didn't come out easily could do some damage. HeathH did his with it out because it came out on its own.

If you do it this way, it's hard to see your dimple, so get a flashlight, and go slow. I do recommend though that you spin the metal ball 90 degrees so that if you accidentally drill too deep into the Delrin, the drill bit will pop through the hole in the ball where the main shaft goes, instead of marring the surface of the ball. Once the bit starts cutting into the Delrin, it can grab and pull through if you're not quick to let off it.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for chiming in. Without a release date for the Lynx swash I should probably give the 690 one a shot and drill it like you said. I'll put the drill bit in a pin vice and do it by hand so I don't damage the thread in the holes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in