Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt CP swash setup

Hi, I got given an old belt cp v1 and a futaba 2.4hms Transmitter (T8J) with a R2006GS receiver. I am realy strugling to set up the swash. I have HR3, H-1, H4X, H-4, H-2, HN3, HE3 and H-3 on the radio. I don't quite know what to use and how to set up the rest. Which servo to reverse etc. I have been playing around a bit, but nothing seems to work properly.
Any help would be great at this stage !
KingA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There's not many of us around who frequent the Belt-CP forum now so I'm not sure if you will find anyone with that radio.

That having been said, a quick glance at google reveals that for none FBL type set-ups, that radio should be set to the default Futaba HR-3.

What this means is that the swash mixing is done in the radio, because you have no flybarless controller to do it for you. I assume here that the Belt-CP you are using is unmodified and has a flybar.

Once you have it set to HR3 you would adjust servo reversing just to get everything going up and down in the same direction. Note I didn't say the right direction, just the same direction.

You would then go into the swash mix screens, assuming that radio has them, I think it must, and if for example your aileron goes the wrong way, and the swash mix value is +ve, you would adjust it until the value was -ve. For example if it said +60 you would make it -60, or vice versa. Repeat for elevator.

If the collective goes the wrong way, and there is no swash option for that to select a -ve value, just go to servo reversing and change your pitch channels direction. EDIT: Incorrect info, see next post.

There is a lot more to be said about flybar set up, but if you watch the ccpm 1 and 2 videos in this forum, by Finless Bob, in the technical room, you will be good to go. It's what we all had to do. :-)

All history now, as a result of FBL controllers, but still the info is all there.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Good luck with it, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by sutty; 08-23-2016 at 11:56 AM..
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2016, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's on page 75 of your manual for the 8J. If you don't have it, download it from the link I used. It's called swash AFR.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf

It has an adjustment for the travel and direction. If you look at the example, you will see it clearly says + against the values, strongly suggesting that you can also scroll to the -ve value. Overall travel would be proportional to the actual value chosen. There is a value for pitch too, so you would reverse it in there if it were wrong.

Actually I don't think you could have reversed pitch in servo reversing, it would again have screwed up the choice where you got them all going the same way on collective. I was getting a little FBL muddled, I've used it for so long.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

Also, with Futaba, your throttle will probably need to be reversed.

Remember, heli esc's need to have the throttle range set.
Just in case, after the receiver is bound, unplug it, advance your throttle to the top, plug back in your receiver power, wait a few seconds for the initial beeps and then throttle down. After that the throttle range is set.

Beginning to wonder if one could find a Belt in it's original unopened package it would be worth some money! Might get a whole $15 for it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in