Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 12Z / 12FG 2.4 Question

Do either of these come with the integrated 2.4 like the 10CGH or do they both have the detachable module? I really want nothing to do with a 72mHz antenna, even if it's removable...

Thanks!

EB
Futaba 10C and 12FG
El Bucho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, They both have the detachable modules....
Old 10-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Any chance of them coming out with the integrated 2.4 any time soon or should I just pull the trigger and get one now? Just didn't want to buy it now if they are going to come out with an upgrade to it in the near future like they did when the 10C came out. Thanks again!
Futaba 10C and 12FG
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not just go with the 8FGS? It is actually a 14 channel radio and has all the features of the 12, but much less.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The point needs to be made that with the Futaba FASST system there is absolutely zero difference in performance between module radios and internal RF deck radios. The only difference is cosmetic.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bucho View Post
Any chance of them coming out with the integrated 2.4 any time soon or should I just pull the trigger and get one now? Just didn't want to buy it now if they are going to come out with an upgrade to it in the near future like they did when the 10C came out. Thanks again!
Given the 18MZ release I would think/assume that the 12 may be seeing a work over as well. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t pulled the trigger on it. Of course, with the 18MZ release getting closer I may just upgrade to it for no other reason that I like toys.

Here's a comparison chart in case you haven't seen it - http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/feature-compare.html
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought an 8FG and I honestly can't stand it. Screen is too small, hate the iPod wheel, feels cheap as hell... I know it is a lot of bang for the buck, but I just don't like it. Not a big fan of the module because it seems like if you have take the module on/off it is a potential point of failure/damage. Guess I could drop the $$ for the Futaba case but I"m not even sure if it fits in there with the module on. Anyone know for sure (talking about the single case)...
Futaba 10C and 12FG
Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 8FG doesn't have a module.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I havent had an issue with the module or size on my 12fg, fits in the same case as my 8fg.
Im with you on the 8fg, great software and sticks, nasty wheel, plastic sides gonna keep my 12 and ditch the 8 purely for feel and screen.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

El Bucho,

Seems a Futaba 18MZ may suit your taste but it is expensive of course, it is suppose to come in February 2012. Large screen, touch screen (no navigaton "wheel"), no external module and all the rest that is available on the super radio. Maybe a Futaba 14MZ new or second hand could be an alternative for You also except is has the external TX 2.4 GHz module that You do not like. I have a 14 MZ myself. I think it may be little easier to accepts the things You do not like that you mentioned with the 8FG if You focus on what it is capable of - it has alot of features with the latest software 4.1 installed.

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ended up going with the 12FG and love it so far! Most of my heartburn with the module came from the original 10C I had with the huge thing sticking out of the back. I actually do like how this fits in and doens't increase the size of the radio any. Thanks everybody!

EB
Futaba 10C and 12FG
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Timer sound comparison

I recently change from Spektrum to Futaba. I bought an 8FGsuper. I really like the feel but I am not fond of the wheel and the timer volume is awful.
How does the timer volume compare to the higher end models?
I am thinking about doing MrMels mods to the 8FG.

Thanks
Alan
flyalan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in