Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #41 (permalink)

Helicommand 3D and....I know.

It is set to Horizontal Mode and Off.
McKrackin1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you use Autotrim?

I sure I read on another site someone had a similar problem. Turned out the unit was faulty.

Ian
Trooper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

No auto trim.

The green mode is just plain uncontrollable so it's disabled.
Like I said.It's not new.I used it for a few months and it just suddenly went to s#!t.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

have you ever crashed the HC..possible that it feel out of calibration....

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #45 (permalink)

Actually,I did crash it but that was months before it started acting up.
I even sent it in for inspection after the crash.Came back three thumbs up.

It just literally quit working on the table.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you changed the stabilisation gains at all?

Still sounds like its gone faulty to me.

Ian
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #47 (permalink)

Changed nothing.
It worked on Friday.Didn't on Saturday.That quick.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Best suggestion would be to contact Captron and shown them what you have going on...

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #49 (permalink)

Thanks.
I had a feeling that would need to be my next step.
Just thought I would put the question out there.

Thanks all.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some guidance. I recently installed the Helicommand 3A to the TREX 450. I am running the new 1.35.0.1 version software. I've got a couple of concerns:

1. Why don't I have the EXPERT SETTINGS show up in the software?

2. I am trying to level the swashplate using SUBTRIM. Something very strange is happening. When I adjust one servo, AILERON for example, one of the other servos also moves. I thought maybe I had a mix in the 14MZ. I double checked and there are no mixing at all. I wanted to be sure it wasn't the radio so I removed the Helicommand unit from the heli and installed the servos directly to the receiver I also kept the radio in the "H-1 Pure Function" swashplate setting. I played with the subtrims and everything works as it should. Any ideas guys?
Bullseye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some guidance. I recently installed the Helicommand 3A to the TREX 450. I am running the new 1.35.0.1 version software. I've got a couple of concerns:

1. Why don't I have the EXPERT SETTINGS show up in the software?

2. I am trying to level the swashplate using SUBTRIM. Something very strange is happening. When I adjust one servo, AILERON for example, one of the other servos also moves. I thought maybe I had a mix in the 14MZ. I double checked and there are no mixing at all. I wanted to be sure it wasn't the radio so I removed the Helicommand unit from the heli and installed the servos directly to the receiver I also kept the radio in the "H-1 Pure Function" swashplate setting. I played with the subtrims and everything works as it should. Any ideas guys?
There are no Expert Settings for a 3A.

You need to turn HC Off before trying to adjust Subtrim to level swash. You are better off doing it mechanically, only use subtrim as a last resort.

Ian
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a response that I got from a guy this forum. Is this true?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HC does all the mixing for you. Because of this you can not use subtrims of your radio (or at least not the way you've used to). If you, for example, try to adjust the subtrim of your PITCH servo (channel), all the servos move. This is because HC reads one channel for pitch information (PITCH) and moves the swash servos accordingly. In this case adjusting the subtrim of PITCH channel adjusts the actual pitch = the swash moves up or down. In CCPM mixing the PITCH channel is connected directly to one servo, thus you are able to adjust the center of that one servo using subtrim.

Same song goes for ELEV and AILE channels. When they travel through HC they are CCPM-mixed to drive all the three swash servos. This is why adjusting ELEV channel subtrim tilts the swashplate front and back (two servos move down, one up and vice versa) and adjusting AILE subtrim tilts the swash left and right (left & right servos move, front or back stays put).

You should level the swash using HC config.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is, I am wondering why so many people have told me it was okay to SUBTRIM using the radio.

Can somebody actually test their Helicommand on their heli and see if it is doing the same thing when using SUBTRIMS. I want to be sure that I don't have a faulty unit.
Bullseye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Here is a response that I got from a guy this forum. Is this true?

HC does all the mixing for you. Because of this you can not use subtrims of your radio (or at least not the way you've used to). If you, for example, try to adjust the subtrim of your PITCH servo (channel), all the servos move. This is because HC reads one channel for pitch information (PITCH) and moves the swash servos accordingly. In this case adjusting the subtrim of PITCH channel adjusts the actual pitch = the swash moves up or down. In CCPM mixing the PITCH channel is connected directly to one servo, thus you are able to adjust the center of that one servo using subtrim.

Same song goes for ELEV and AILE channels. When they travel through HC they are CCPM-mixed to drive all the three swash servos. This is why adjusting ELEV channel subtrim tilts the swashplate front and back (two servos move down, one up and vice versa) and adjusting AILE subtrim tilts the swash left and right (left & right servos move, front or back stays put).

You should level the swash using HC config.

If it is, I am wondering why so many people have told me it was okay to SUBTRIM using the radio.

Can somebody actually test their Helicommand on their heli and see if it is doing the same thing when using SUBTRIMS. I want to be sure that I don't have a faulty unit.
This info is correct but it is still possible to get the swash correct useing subtrim You use a combination of aileron, elevator and pitch subtrim to set all servo at 90 degrees. The software trims work in exactly the same way. However Capron tell you not to use subtrim.I never do it is not necessary anything you do with subtrim can be done useing the programme. Under rc&trim if you move the internal autotrim setting you will see the servos move in the same way that they did when you adjusted subtrim on your radio and uder mixer if you move collective pitch offset you will see the swash move up and down.
To make this clear do this.First switch HC off then looking at the heli from the front move the aileron internal autotrim slider and send to HC,you will see the swash move.keep adjusting it untill the swash is level. Now view the heli from he side and move the elevator slider and send to HC untill the swash is level. So now the swash will be level on both planes but your servo arms may not be at 90 degrees so,under the mixer tab move collective pitch offset to set arms at 90 degrees. Now use collective travel to correct pitch range. Your swash should now be the same as it was before fitting HC.
This is the way I do it and I have had no problems but Capron recomend that first you should reposition servo arms and adjust link lenghts to get it as close as possible and the use transmitter trims to get it exact.
The internal auto trim setting are the same setting that autotrim use so if you use software settings only there is a danger that there will not be enough adjustment left for autotrim. Hope this helps Ivor

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 03-23-2010 at 10:41 AM..
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in