Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
On a 450 use blue locktite. I have never needed red on a 450.
The problem with Align screws on the 450 is the hex size. The Align tools seem to fit the align screws better than much more expensive tools I have tried. I swear it's a conspiracy

There was a thread way back in the 450 forum where guys were measuring and comparing hex sizes between tool makers with calipers. The Aligns were slight larger in hex size. Maybe thats why. I am not telling you that you must get align tools only that I know they work well on Align screws.

Bob
I am going to have to try that out. I am in the middle of getting my snap on brand 1.5 hex driver replaced because I was swearing to my dealer that it was out of spec. Boy will I be embarrased if I find that to be the case. I'm going to order an align 1.5 today.

Most important though, Bob, I want to thank you too. Your videos and outstanding instruction are the only reason I am able to learn to fly helis. I can fly on the sim all day long, but without a PROPERLY set up bird, all my sim time was wasted. Trying to find people locally to help is next to impossible. Your teaching methods are great, and done at a level that we can all understand. THANK YOU! I am just barely moving in to forward flight, but with your help, I am very well versed at setup.

Thank You,
Greg
Compass 7HV
pete best is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face Governor Set up for align

Hi Bob, could please give a help for the align governor set up T-Rex 600NFBL, with an 10C Futaba Radio + 8 channel Futaba receiver? Thank you. Ger.
Ger2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #523 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Here is a video I shot for setup of the Align gov
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...e=aligngov.wmv

It's not with a Futaba radio but the principles are the same.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Detrum 40a Esc I have gone in to setup following bobs and the mfg's instructions. My manual tells me to wait for 5 "beeps". All I am getting is two beeps with about 15 really short beeps and it just keeps looping through that. Is there a way to reset there things? Or am I missing something?
mtbr00x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #525 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sorry I know nothing about that ESC... Never had one. Best probably to make a post asking about this in the main forum where more people will see it and someone may know.

Bob
Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks.
mtbr00x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #527 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Bob,,,
Question,, did you ever do a BeastX setup video?
Thanks Dan T
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think the only FBL that Bob flies is the MCPX FBL unit????
flyfishsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #529 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have only done Vbar but I did not do a video since there are spome already by Mr. Mel.

Bob
Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #530 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default soldering

Hi guys, I want to ask, about the building EXI 450/HK 450.

I am currently building one, and is on the soldering part. Do I really need to have a heat shrink tubing for the esc/speed controller? Because I don't have one. If anyone knows which heat shrink tubing to buy for, could you tell me? thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Fluckers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluckers View Post
Hi guys, I want to ask, about the building EXI 450/HK 450.

I am currently building one, and is on the soldering part. Do I really need to have a heat shrink tubing for the esc/speed controller? Because I don't have one. If anyone knows which heat shrink tubing to buy for, could you tell me? thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Yes, it is needed. I would go to a hardware store and buy some that is a tad larger than the wire. Slide it down the wire away from where you'll be soldering before you start. After you've soldered it, slide it up to cover the joint and apply heat to shrink.
enahs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 04:23 AM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

Usually you need for motor connector. Get a 4 and 5 mm if you're using 3.5mm connector.
You might also need for battery connector. Depend on the connector you are going to use. If you use Dean, you need one. 5 mm will do.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks everybody!

Last edited by Fluckers; 02-25-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Fluckers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

The first two videos were more informative than a month full of youtubes. Nice work, and thanks.
Vinny ///M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #535 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Added:

Radios
Spektrum DX8 Videos
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Failsafe Throttle Curve

Bob,

I read a post by you regarding setting a 0 0 0 0 0 throttle curve and then rebinding the tx/rx for safety. Would you mind refreshing my memory? The post was very informative.

scw

Post found!

Thanks.

Last edited by scwest; 03-14-2012 at 11:18 AM..
scwest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli Skills and Setup 101 - LOOK here first!

Bob (or anyone who can help),

I am rebuilding a Blade SR and want to save myself the headache of moving to a DX6i from the stock tx since Horizon won't give up the details about exactly how they programmed that tx. I watch your CCPM videos and like the way you set the head and servos up. My question is how to I set those servos to mid without a digital tx? You use the settings on the Futaba (I believe) to adjust the subtrim to set those servos to exactly 50% travel, and that isn't an option with the stock tx? Do I just use the standard trim adjustments? Any suggestions?

Thank in advance!
ryanjameshay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sevro Center

Hi Bob, Thanks for all you have done! I am building a new Trex 450 Sport V2 and I have noticed that on my sevros when I move the stick say to the right and release, it goes to center and move it to the left and release, it goes back to center, BUT the centers are not the same. What would cause this? And do you know how to correct it? Also I have the Dx6i TX. Its not a big differance or maybe it is. Please help, WS
Wind Spirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #539 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hi Bob, Thanks for all you have done! I am building a new Trex 450 Sport V2 and I have noticed that on my sevros when I move the stick say to the right and release, it goes to center and move it to the left and release, it goes back to center, BUT the centers are not the same. What would cause this? And do you know how to correct it? Also I have the Dx6i TX. Its not a big differance or maybe it is. Please help, WS
If this is on your tail servo and the gyro is in heading hold mode then it is normal and nothing to worry about - if it is on your swash servos then somethings wrong - bad gear or worn gimbals or servos.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #540 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjameshay View Post
Bob (or anyone who can help),

I am rebuilding a Blade SR and want to save myself the headache of moving to a DX6i from the stock tx since Horizon won't give up the details about exactly how they programmed that tx. I watch your CCPM videos and like the way you set the head and servos up. My question is how to I set those servos to mid without a digital tx? You use the settings on the Futaba (I believe) to adjust the subtrim to set those servos to exactly 50% travel, and that isn't an option with the stock tx? Do I just use the standard trim adjustments? Any suggestions?

Thank in advance!
If you don't have subtrim then you just have to mechanically set the links to get an even swash as best you can and don't worry if the arms aren't quite square at mid stick - isn't usually a problem unless you're doing precise 3D - best to leave the trims to just correct inflight imbalances.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in