Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Velocity 50 N2 aileron servo upside down?

I recently bought a used velocity 50 n2. It's flying great, but when i built it i believe that i have the aileron servo mounted upside down. Every picture that i have seen of other builds, the aileron servo has the output shaft up. after reviewing the instructions, it clearly shows the output shaft down on every diagram. Is there a reason that everyone is installing them upside down?

Last edited by morganr33; 11-19-2014 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: spelling
morganr33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 n2's and all cyclic servos have the output shaft towards the top. I checked and this is now the N2 manual shows them. You sure you are looking at the N2 manual?
gt48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default N2 servo

Click image for larger version

Name:	n2,.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	550654

Name:	n2,,.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	550656

Name:	n2,,,.PNG
Views:	101
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	550657

Yes, it's definately the N2 manual, at some point, did they come out with a new version of the manual and change the orientation?
Old 11-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo setup

I have found a forum or two where people say that you ignore these pictures and go by the drawing on page 15 of the manual. But if you look closely at the alignment lines on page 15, they show to turn it over.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	n2,,,,.PNG
Views:	308
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	550675  
Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Huh, never noticed that! Good eye. All I know is the heli flies awesome and the bell crank links line up with the ones from the elevator servo with the output shaft on top. You're right, though, the diagram on p.19 does seem to have that aileron servo with the output shaft down. For myself, I'm going to keep it on top.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo

When i get home, i'm gonna check to see how it lines up the best. The bell cranks are offset by a few degrees, so i'll see how everything works out at 90 degrees. I would think that if it the swash control arm of the bell crank was 90 and your servo was in the wrong orientation, you would end up with different length push pull links due to the offset of the bellcrank. It's probably not enough to tell. I was just confused since i could only find a single picture on the internet of one with the output shaft down and other people convinced him that it was wrong.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The fusion 50 manual on p.15 shows the servo with the output shaft to the top and the lines to the frame are consistent with that. This suggests to me that the diagram in the N2 manual has the lines drawn wrong because I think the Fusion 50 and the N2 have the same cyclic servo layout and geometry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in