Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get a 401 to put on your coaxial. It is way too big to mount it anywhere reasonable.

Get a small gyro like some of the 5 gram and lighter ones.

The best gyro I've found for a coaxial to date is a telebee gr201. It's expensive, but it works. Another option is an Eflite G110.

Edit:

Almost forgot to add. Let's really think about the amount of money you're going to spend on going brushless on your coaxial.

You're thinking of spending $110. For $50 more you can get a clone 450 with all the electronics!!!!!

Honestly is it worth getting a few more minutes flight time spending almost as much as you would on a collective pitch helicopter? If you do decide to go brushless I'll be more than happy to help you set it up, but honestly that's a lot of money for little return. No matter what you do to the coax, in the end it's still just a coax.
barak1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is really hard
I have a Multiplex Easystar, and a fox. So, I don't want to buy a new helicopter, because I already know that the fixed wing is better for me. But, since I already got the Lama V4 that isn't capable of flying.. I'm like: I've spent a lot of money on the blades, canopy, innershaft ... When I buy a new helicopter, I've spent all the money for what? I don't mind whether it's a coax or not, just want to fly around the house, maybe with camera fixed to it.

I can't have the lama without gyro right? I chose this one because I like one big order from Hobbycity you see.

Turnigy 1811 brushless Outrunner 2900kv
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=8142

This one won't fit the Lama V4?

Conclusion: Buying a total new heli feels so.. strange because that wasn't my plan at all, coax is perfect for me. I already have the 'barebone' parts here. I like my little lama, non-coax is harder to fly right?
Jasper.tm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no idea if those motors will fit a V4 or not, I've never flown them. I flew the C10 2900kv motors in my Lama.

The HK401 is just a bit large to fit under a Lama canopy (or even aftermarket ones for that matter). There are other alternatives that you can try, but none as cheap. If you don't mind it being a bit difficult to find a mounting solution then by all means get an HK401. It's what I fly on my HK450MT.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

O.K. I'll fix the Gyro

But, the engines. $40 for two little engines.. That's my point.
They are prepared, longer shaft, with pinions, Lama v4 ready.

On Hobbycity, in the review they say that these will fit Lama V3/V4. But do I need to buy the pinions (or use the ones from the stock motors) and do I need to push the shaft of the motor down.. That would be

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=6584
Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you buy a set of c10's you'll actually have to fabricate a shaft for the one that spins the upper blades.

The stock shaft that comes on it is way too short to reach.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, I have to make a 1.8mm wide shaft, with the risk that it might not fit and so on.
But, is it really possible to push the shaft further down? Doesn't the motor have bottom or something? Are these the same Lama v4 Brushless motors?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-mm201-...or-2900kv.html

Thx for the quick replies!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a 2mm shaft. Yes that's the same motor. It's a c10 2900kv motor. The shaft will not reach the inner shaft gear, it's simply not long enough. I'm not basing this on some theory or reading forum posts.

I flew a brushless V4 for about 2 years.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, no other choice.

Except for the fact that this one is more expensive, in stock:
http://www.strongrcmotors.com/Motors.htm

and this one is cheaper, out of stock:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-mm201-...or-2900kv.html

Though I can't clearly see whether or not it's been adapted for the Lama v4.

Well, the one from strongrcmotors had been adapted, so then I'm safe.
$63 + $46 = ± $110. Luckily I have my job at a theme park =D

Thanks for all the help, I hope this one will fix my Lama for the rest of my life and I hope it will be possible to fly with my Flycamone2 under it =D
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First canopy paint and larger blades

Here is a picture of my Lama BL with the newly painted canopy and larger blades.

I wanted to test larger blades as there seemed to be so much more power in the C10 motors. At first it was very unstable as the effect of the flybar/stabilizer was insufficient. After adding som extra weights it flies really nice. Heaps of lift and the engines just get a bit warmer than before. Flight time is still around 12,5 minutes until it goes into ground effect hover. The only drawback is the risk of blade strikes at aggressive flying.

BTW, I added the one of the smaller blades (AX-03) on top of the one of the top blades (AX-05) to show the difference in size
/Bo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lama BL.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	158649  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great looking heli, nice work!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BL lama motors

So I figured I will turn my lama into a BL machine. I already diced up the 4in1 to work with an AR6100E. I got a telebe that I can swipe from my 300 size heli. I am curious on what is the consensus between the turnigy and the GWS mixers? Money wise it is not a huge difference, and it appears that getting full throttle signal with the turnigy mixer is more problematic. The next big item are the motors. Is strongmotors pretty much the only place to get the motors with shafts long enough for the lama frame?

I primarily want longer flight times and do not care about making this a speedy bird. Just something that will work w/o much maintenance and be beered up pilot friendly. I have a pretty speedy carbon EXI450, but I just can't relax when flying it as I only have a small park available with trees on the perimeter (turns out that autorotation still works after you fly into the tree and the carbon tail blades shatter to pieces)
RomanC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, it's me again.
I finally got all the parts, and mounted them according to this diagram:

The only problem is: The upper rotor starts spinning first, and then the second rotor starts. I also don't know how to install the HK401B Gyro.

Edit:
I tried to 'fly' the heli. It's spinning like a wild beast, so I think the problem is the Gyro. I have no idea how it works and what to do with it (V-tail mixer + Gyro).
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am waiting on the parts myself (plan to use a telebee for the gyro). But when I did just the spectrum conversion, the directions indicated that a lot of subtrim had to be added on the rudder channel to ensure that both blades start to spin at about the same time.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

But I understand the working of a gyro on a tailrudder servo.
But because of the two rotors being the rudder, and the mixer, I don't know how the Gyro reacts and functions.

So now I've got all the parts, but my heli is still in the Hangar.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper.tm View Post
But I understand the working of a gyro on a tailrudder servo.
But because of the two rotors being the rudder, and the mixer, I don't know how the Gyro reacts and functions.

So now I've got all the parts, but my heli is still in the Hangar.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=99447 One of the last posts explains this well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in